We want Wisky over Iowa right?

Iowa does not look very good but hopefully they can do enough to come back to win 10-7. After watching the first 14 minutes, I think the Gophers have a better chance of beating the Hawkeyes.

Iowa does not look very good but hopefully they can do enough to come back to win 10-7. After watching the first 14 minutes, I think the Gophers have a better chance of beating the Hawkeyes.
Yeah Iowa’s offense has been sputtering so far; I don’t think they have a first down yet at the end of the first quarter. Wisconsin has been able to pass so far too, which I thought they would be worse at, though Mertz could still give the ball away once or twice.

Wisconsin is providing the Gophers with a blueprint on how you beat Iowa. They are going to try to stuff the box and take away the run. Mertz is 7-8 right now on the short passing game and he is eating them up. Morgan will have to be able to do the same thing if we want to win.

Mn will need to stop Wisconsin run game.

Allen kid for Wi looks good, I think he's only 17. He might grow too much to stay at RB

Iowa looks like trash. They’ll figure this out eventually, but it will probably be too late.

Iowa may have been a mirage. May. When the turnovers and defensive TDs start piling up it can be one of two things - a truly dominant defense, or a run of luck that can revert to the mean.

Iowa’s O is godawful, but the Budgie O ain’t much better.

Iowa is just awful if you stack the box and force them to try beat you outside

Wisconsin is good on defense. I still don't trust their offense.
Their running game looks good right now against a good defense. I think the Gophers run defense can probably hold up better than Iowa's, forcing Mertz to pass more which is probably what we want. Iowa just looks absolutely helpless right now.

Iowa may have been a mirage. May. When the turnovers and defensive TDs start piling up it can be one of two things - a truly dominant defense, or a run of luck that can revert to the mean.
They just got too much credit for beating Iowa State. The Southern voters all had to rank them high to top prop-up Oklahoma.

Their running game looks good right now against a good defense. I think the Gophers run defense can probably hold up better than Iowa's, forcing Mertz to pass more which is probably what we want. Iowa just looks absolutely helpless right now.
Yeah. Once again the demise of Wisconsin was bit premature

Mn will need to stop Wisconsin run game.

Allen kid for Wi looks good, I think he's only 17. He might grow too much to stay at RB
I think they said that about Ron Dayne, too!! lol. I agree - he is a beast!

We want each team to be in a position where they are playing there worst ball. Not that I don't think we can't beat them at their best, but I want us to have some margin for mistakes. If Iowa is demoralized from today, the hope is they won't gain confidence in time. If WI loses to NW or Neb prior to our game their momentum is destroyed. In a perfect world we want some motivation to be eliminated from them both prior to playing them.

I wonder when the last time a Top 10 team has been held to <25 yards in a first half?

Wisconsin has a great defense. Super good LBs that they move all over the field. Lots of overloaded-side blitzes. If an offense is nimble enough to somehow punish the Badgers for loading the box, and overloading one side of the ball, Wisconsin might have to run a more conventional, less disruptive defense.

Top Bottom