We out-Iowa-ed Iowa

There is an alternate timeline where a Gopher rocks DeJean. We get flagged for it. They kick the game winning FG and the same posters complaining about the win are ripping the player for actually hitting him when he clearly waived his hand.

It's a tactic Iowa was using to create confusion. It kind of worked but they didn't get away with it.
This is exactly my take on it. I would be a $1.50 that the Gophers coaches said, no stupid late hit penalties and that could easily could have played out. It seemed like at least two guys let up on him.

There is an alternate timeline where a Gopher rocks DeJean. We get flagged for it. They kick the game winning FG and the same posters complaining about the win are ripping the player for actually hitting him when he clearly waived his hand.

It's a tactic Iowa was using to create confusion. It kind of worked but they didn't get away with it.
I believe you to be correct sir. It was a desperate, deliberate effort by DeJean, likely instructed.

There is something to what Bob_Loblaw says about "It's a tactic Iowa was using to create confusion".

In his post-game presser, Ferentz was highly annoyed with the ref crew because he says "we go over this pre-game with every crew that comes in here!"

He was trying to paint it black-and-white of if it was over the head or not, as if anything can be allowed if it isn't over the head.

Top Bottom