Take a little Sunday spin
go to watch the Dodgers win
Have yourself a dandy day
that cost you under a fin
Hair was short and skirts were long
Kate Smith really sold a song
I don't know just what went wrong
those were the days
Let's all take our economic advice from a song that yearns for the days of Herbert Hoover

I don't even recognize rural America since the days of you-know-who and I grew up on a dirt road in the UP of Michigan.

First time poster. Long time reader on your site..Thanks for allowing me!

How about The Horse, On Broadway and Hand Clap to get the crowd motivated? Purdue, Wisconsin and Auburn bands play the Horse. There's a Purdue band and Gold Dusters video on YouTube that is cool, where they spell/yell out
B O I L E R S at an Illinois game,
G O P H E R S could work too. I never was in band when I was in high school at Armstrong, but the marching and pep bands played The Horse and on Broadway. Seemed to get everyone energized at the games.

First time poster. Long time reader on your site..Thanks for allowing me!

How about The Horse, On Broadway and Hand Clap to get the crowd motivated? Purdue, Wisconsin and Auburn bands play the Horse. There's a Purdue band and Gold Dusters video on YouTube that is cool, where they spell/yell out
B O I L E R S at an Illinois game,
G O P H E R S could work too. I never was in band when I was in high school at Armstrong, but the marching and pep bands played The Horse and on Broadway. Seemed to get everyone energized at the games.
Who allowed this?!? 😆

I remember The Horse from my old pep band days as well!

I’ve always thought it would be sweet if we played “Like A Rolling Stone” obnoxiously loud after wins

Can’t You hear me Knockin by Stones is cool. They have been playing this at the start of games. One of the great guitar riffs of all time.
The first 30 seconds of that song is fantastic, as is the extended jam at the end. Another song with a great beginning is Humble Pie's 30 Days in the Hole.

The first 30 seconds of that song is fantastic, as is the extended jam at the end. Another song with a great beginning is Humble Pie's 30 Days in the Hole.
Brought my daughter to the last Stones concert at US Bank. She is a Gopher and loves the stones riff being played at the games too!

How this hasn’t stuck is crazy

The intro gives me chills. Personally, I would like to see Take On Me by Aha or Beer Never Broke My Heart by Luke Combs, and I'm not even a country fan. It's easy to imagine a whole stadium jamming and singing to these.

Top Bottom