USC Fans.

GG07

Reaction score
I dont know if they all were, but in my section, they are cocky SOBs. Holy crap.

Mine were quiet as church mouses, and in their 20's.

We were talking about it, and couldn't figure these cats out.

the ones by us were good peeps. and some nice eye candy to boot.

We had a few in our section and they were fine. I liked the one guy wearing a 'Beat Cal' shirt where the 'C' in Cal was shaped like the Hammer & Sickle. :)

We had a few in our section and they were fine. I liked the one guy wearing a 'Beat Cal' shirt where the 'C' in Cal was shaped like the Hammer & Sickle. :)

It was their band and the band director who were the biggest *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s. They played over Hail Minnesota at the end of the game, and as the Gopher band was playing their post game concert, the USC band played an impromptu concert in their spot and basically were just pricks about it. They completely thought they owned the place and could do whatever the hell they wanted. One guy went over and got in the USC's band director's face about it and he just laughed in his face.

They are all cocky self-centered sob's just like their coach.....

In 212...

We had a pretty good sprinkling of USC fans in the middle rows of 212. They overall were pretty quiet. In fact, almost too quiet.

Maybe I've become jaded by the neighboring B10 programs immediately to the East and South...and how it can truly be irritating for them to be around at least in the Dome... but still...it is reasonable to root for your team even as opponents on a visiting field...

One thing is for certain. They had to put up with Mrs. Billd and myself yelling for the Gophers the entire game. Although they won, they did pay the price in a some new...albeit minor...hearing loss...

Go Gophers! Beat the Huskies!

It was odd. The fans I sat by in their 20's and the teens with parents (like their kids) didn't seem to be the types to like sports, yet they obviously paid to fly to Minneapolis for a game. A lot of the older alumni types didn't appear to be athletic types either. There was a drunk huge guy with a big football ring in the crowd too. The most interesting visiting fan base I've encountered.

I did see one local guy wearing USC attire who grew-up in California. I wonder how many of those were in the crowd and how many people who never stepped foot in California and live in Minnesota and came decked-out in USC gear.

I sat next to 4 USC fans a few rows below BilldGopher and they were very quiet and subdued. Nice fellows. The one USC fan commented to me 5 times during the game "You guys have an amazing stadium" and also called the Colesium "a dump". He also thought Kiffin was classless for going for 2, especially when leading 32-14 halfway through the 4th.

I sat next to 4 USC fans a few rows below BilldGopher and they were very quiet and subdued. Nice fellows. The one USC fan commented to me 5 times during the game "You guys have an amazing stadium" and also called the Colesium "a dump". He also thought Kiffin was classless for going for 2, especially when leading 32-14 halfway through the 4th.

Sounds exactly like the SC fans that sat behind us. Exactly. Very reasonable fans.. Most reasonable opposing teams' fans I've had the pleasure of sitting next to with the exception of the family that was from Montana when we played them a few years ago in the MetroDump.

Apparently the guys behind us had $500 on the Trojans covering the 11.5 spread. They were pissed and very very upset that the Gophers scored in the last 11 seconds.. LOL

Kinda made my day, actually, despite how classy fans they were.

we sat in front of oscar from the office and 2 of his buddies..real nice but man they were the cockiest sob's i have ever met and it got really bad in the 4th. i thought i was going to have to kick his ass for how much he was hating on not just our team, but our state. i now hate usc because of their coach, players, and fans.

Interesting thread. Thanks gang.

I wasn't at the game, did the tv thing so these comments are interesting.

Anyone else have any comments on the USC band issue.

To sum it up in a word: Arrogant

It was great to host them. They are definitely a top tier program. Before the game, I have never seen so many "suits" standing around on the sidelines.

The best way I can describe it is they do their own thing, totally ignoring what's going on around them. Think about it as a college/adult version of High School. There's always a "group" that seems to be too cool to participate in whatever the rest of the student body is doing. The fans are like this and the band plays to them allowing and encouraging the whole thing.

They are not clueless, just choose to ignore the rest of the world. The only time I saw them become aware of Minnesota at all was when our danceteam was introduced. I saw some of the "song girls" whispering to each other. It gets no more "High Schoolish" than that.

Guess what...the USC song girls don't have anything on our cheerleaders or dance team. They just think they do.

Dance Team

+1

A sweet irony in front of these folks that the UM Dance Team is both the National and the World Champions.

Go Gophers! Beat NIU!

USC

I think USC is a lot like the Yankess. You either love them or you hate them, - not much gray area. And, I believe their fans know this. So, they are either cocky and arrogant, or they just shut-up. I did see quite a few "USC fans" who were minnesotans. Hard to gauge how many flew-in for the game ,- save some contingents of plastic and tan octogenarian couples.

They are fine when they aren't playing tattletale with the police because you are picking on them.

two usc fans in our section. One of them got hit in the head by the free magazines thrown by the students and was bleeding pretty bad. Not bad guys but the elavators didn't go all the way to the top.

The USC fans in my section

were very nice, interested in the stadium, and loved the Twin Cities. They seemed to be casual fans and didn't get very excited. Everyone knows however that if you are hot, wealthy, and smart you go to UCLA.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The two SC fans by me in 219 were fairly quiet, and only really got agitated when Kiffin continued to go for 2, and at how many penalties they were racking up. No issues, and they were respectful fans.

It was their band and the band director who were the biggest *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s. They played over Hail Minnesota at the end of the game, and as the Gopher band was playing their post game concert, the USC band played an impromptu concert in their spot and basically were just pricks about it. They completely thought they owned the place and could do whatever the hell they wanted. One guy went over and got in the USC's band director's face about it and he just laughed in his face.

Their band can't hold a candle to our band. That same insipid riff that they play over and over, and call it a fight song. That's one of the problems of inviting the opponents band to play, they have to understand that they are the guests.

I was impressed that they knew the bathrooms aren't used for sexual activity.

Their band can't hold a candle to our band. That same insipid riff that they play over and over, and call it a fight song. That's one of the problems of inviting the opponents band to play, they have to understand that they are the guests.

Have you ever heard the full USC band in person? You would quickly retract your opening statement. Our band isn't even in the top half of the Big Ten.

Have you ever heard the full USC band in person? You would quickly retract your opening statement. Our band isn't even in the top half of the Big Ten.

"Gopherluv"... indeed.

The play something besides that insipid little riff? As far as the Big Ten goes, I'll take the rotating M over spelling out OHIO any day.

The play something besides that insipid little riff? As far as the Big Ten goes, I'll take the rotating M over spelling out OHIO any day.

Yeah, it doesn't matter how good they are, they only know two songs - the USC fight song, and the introduction to the USC fight song. And they played one of them after almost every play! We could sack them for a 10 yard loss and they'd play the fight song!

Having said that, I love the introduction (well, I did until I heard enough of it for three lifetimes on Saturday) but hate the fight song - the intro is strong and foreboding, and then the fight song sounds like I should be skipping in a field of daisies! It's not exciting at all.

Three USC guys showed up in 240 at the end of the game.They took up empty seats and starting jawing and generally lightly making fun of us that were still left at the game.

It was about the time we recovered the fumble that I turn around and cheered back at them all in good humor and they laughed at me.

After we scored, I stood up and cheered and I wasn't going to turn around again, but they directed the “what have they got to lose, why didn’t they go for two” at me rather sarcastically like the fumble and touchdown was all meaningless.

I turned around and said, “because we don’t know how to”. They laughed and said “well, evidently neither do we”... and that, my ‘new’ friends, was really my point!

Guess what...the USC song girls don't have anything on our cheerleaders or dance team. They just think they do.

In terms of performance, "spirit", etc., no, they don't.

In terms of looks, body shapes, femininity, sexiness...um, yeah - they really, really do.

I thought that as a whole the USC fans were the most pleasant yet. The players seemed much more respectful than Cal last year. The only part about USC that angered me was not being on the field for the National Anthem.

Top Bottom