Updates About Penn State Scandal UPDATED 6/12: PSU has spent $45.9M on scandal

Penn State Tops $45.9 Million in Costs Related to Jerry Sandusky Scandal

Costs continue to rise with Penn State continuing to pay the price for the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse scandal. As of March 31, the university has forked over $45,881,904 to pay for bills generated by the scandal. The latest figures show that Penn State spent about $1.4 million over the past three months.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/lo...ts-related-to-jerry-sandusky-scandal-1324572/

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for posting that. This is going to be interesting. I predicted that this scandal may prove to be the NCAA's undoing and we'll reach high noon shortly.

"Friday marked one year since the release of a university-funded report about its handling of the Sandusky scandal that was highly critical of the actions by Paterno, former president Graham Spanier and former administrators Tim Curley and Gary Schultz."

I think these two things are tied together. Penn State's suit against the NCAA will likely get thrown out, and the NCAA will be as strong as ever. The only way the NCAA gets "beat" is if there is something in place to replace them, like a BCS. Think AFL vs. NFL.

ESPN: Matt Sandusky seeks name change

BELLEFONTE, Pa. -- A son of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky is seeking to have his name changed more than a year after his adoptive father was convicted of child sexual abuse.

Matt Sandusky filed papers Tuesday in Centre County Court seeking to have the names of him and his family changed. Though the documents are sealed, they show he filed for a name change, along with his wife and four children.

Matt Sandusky had been expected to be a defense witness until the trial, when he told investigators that he also had been abused by Jerry Sandusky.

Jerry Sandusky was convicted on 45 counts of sexual abuse. He is serving a 30- to 60-year prison sentence and maintains he was wrongfully convicted. He is pursuing appeals.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9487942/son-jerry-sandusky-seeks-name-changed

Go Gophers!!

ESPN: Matt Sandusky seeks name change

BELLEFONTE, Pa. -- A son of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky is seeking to have his name changed more than a year after his adoptive father was convicted of child sexual abuse.

Matt Sandusky filed papers Tuesday in Centre County Court seeking to have the names of him and his family changed. Though the documents are sealed, they show he filed for a name change, along with his wife and four children.

Matt Sandusky had been expected to be a defense witness until the trial, when he told investigators that he also had been abused by Jerry Sandusky.

Jerry Sandusky was convicted on 45 counts of sexual abuse. He is serving a 30- to 60-year prison sentence and maintains he was wrongfully convicted. He is pursuing appeals.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9487942/son-jerry-sandusky-seeks-name-changed

Go Gophers!!

I hope that changing his name provides some level of comfort for him and his family. I can't imagine what it must have been like for Matt to live with that sick, twisted monster.

From my point of view, Jerry Sandusky has not only selfishly and maliciously damaged lots of people, but he will get all the boogering he wants in prison. Maybe more than what he wants.

Top Bottom