Updated CBS Bowl Projections: Gophers vs Texas Tech in Texas Bowl

The Bowl won't want a re-match. I almost guarantee it doesn't happen. We might end up there. TT might. But not both of us.

Given where this bowl falls in the picking order they may not have a choice in who they end up with.

I can understand the frustration of ending up in the same bowl after having a better season. As for the same opponent, winners want a second shot at a team that has beaten them, losers fear getting beat a second time. I for one would love a second chance to thump 'em.

Bowl committees are such p.o.s. We should be in Jacksonville. I'd prefer El Paso before Houston or Dallas. Houston
year was like being in Omaha last year. Nothing in the downtown area. You had to take a hack to find any entertainment. Hell, we had more fun in Warez. Dallas wouldn't be any better. It could be 40 degrees and snowing
there. The only good thing about Dallas is the flights would be cheaper than Houston.

Also, Michigan getting picked over us would be an absolute travesty. A 7-5 (3-5) team going over a 8-4 (4-4) team from the same conference would be a joke, but then again, so is everything that goes into college football postseason planning.

Michigan lost 4 out of their last 5 and their fans want Hoke gone. Might be a gamble betting on Wolverine fans, who were thinking Championship, heading to Jacksonville to watch them play.

The Gophers are a great story and while not on Michigander levels there are plenty of Minnesota Expats living in Florida. Up here, many of the fans are use to taking a Winter Vacation. On the other hand after watching the Gopher play the last two weeks, will any Bowl Rep think non-fans will find that brand of Offense entertaining enough to fork out some money and make the drive to Jacksonville?

Maybe getting Georgia in there will let the Gator Bowl folks go for the better story.

Still hoping for a trip to Jacksonville, at least for the day of the game.

IF MSU beat OSU does OSU still go to a BCS bowl? That would help us move up in the pecking order?

Accurate Statement?

IF MSU beat OSU does OSU still go to a BCS bowl? That would help us move up in the pecking order?

Accurate Statement?

Yes, but I think most of the people making predictions are already assuming the big ten gets two teams in the BCS bowls. So with two teams in, most are picking the Texas Bowl. If only one team gets in, it's the Heart of Dallas Bowl.

Top Bottom