Updated CBS Bowl Projections: Gophers vs Texas Tech in Texas Bowl

Two years in a row should not be allowed. If so can we have a Tubby/Pitino matchup the night before?

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yuk! I'm SO sick of Tech and their stupid fans.....

Texas Tech is a great place. It's the people there that are despicable.

I wouldn't mind a rematch vs guns up! Could tubby and pitino be the honorary captains?

Is this even possible? Last I looked the Big 12 gets a team in the BCS they wont have another 6 teams for this bowl.

It would suck to have a much improved team(with better record) and play in the same bowl game against the same team in the same city.

Is this even possible? Last I looked the Big 12 gets a team in the BCS they wont have another 6 teams for this bowl.

TT is pretty much cemented in the game unless the Big 12 gets 2 into the BCS.

It would suck to have a much improved team(with better record) and play in the same bowl game against the same team in the same city.

I'd be okay with it as long as we won. If we lost it would be pretty disappointing. Win bowl games and the better ones will stop passing you up. We've gotta start from the bottom.

I'm in the minority here but I relish another shot at those cheap shot artists from T Tech. Their game plan was to cheap shot us, try to push us around because we were young, get into our heads, etc. It worked. We lost the game because of Personal Foul penalties. That was then, this is now. I'd LOVE to face them again & absolutely pound the snot out of them! Depending on the spread I'll make a significant bet on the Gophers. No way we lose to those punks again.

Wonder if the bowl selection committees for some of these bowls saw all the red in the stands at Michigan today.

The Bowl won't want a re-match. I almost guarantee it doesn't happen. We might end up there. TT might. But not both of us.

Man I was really hoping for a matchup with Kansas State.

If we had known this, we could have just coasted after win number six.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we had known this, we could have just coasted after win number six.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recruits would not have liked that. 8 wins is good. 9 wins is better. 10 wins is when you've supposedly crossed the line from good to great season. Hopefully we get there next year.

Plus, if the Gophers only won six, that gets IU to six wins, likely moving the U down another slot.

Well, the good news is that, after playing y'all two years in a row, the Texas Tard fans might learn how to spell "Minnesota." Or at least read it well enough for their graduates to be able to deliver pizzas to your hotel room.

tt-dominoes.jpg

The other good news is that the Texas Bowl will now have a long-awaited fashion component where their coaching staff gets to show off how deep a v-neck in a t-shirt can be, and demonstrate their chops at designing cool uniforms like a sixth-grader with their first copy of NCAA Football on X-Box.

The downside is the increased traffic on the freeways in Houston from the 150 Tceh alumni whose vehicles are up for the trip from the god-forsaken desert that is West Texas. It's not so much a problem in terms of numbers, but rather that most of these folks have never seen a stoplight or a building taller than two stories. They are also not used to driving any faster than 45 mph, and may be temporarily blinded when they try to spit a mouthful of Skoal Straight juice out their window at highway speeds and it comes back in their face.

Watch out, because unlike last year's team, this Tceh team has swagger. I'm unclear what that means, exactly, but I think it boils down to the following:

1. Same level of play as before
2. More glitter and bedazzling
3. Increased trash talk after making mundane plays
4. Three-day beards and deep v-necks

If you are uninterested in playing the tards for a second year, here is a link to their alumni association. Perhaps they can call in a favor to an old friend and have Tceh moved to the Little Ceasars Bowl: Tard Alumni Worldwide

TCEH.jpg

The only way we go to a different bowl is if
1. The Gator bowl choose fairly and picks Minnesota over Michigan (This won't happen)
OR
2. MSU doesn't get a BCS bowl. Then we'll be at the Heart of Dallas bowl. . .even worse than the Texas Bowl.

The Bowl won't want a re-match. I almost guarantee it doesn't happen. We might end up there. TT might. But not both of us.

The Texas Bowl would have to pass on Texas Tech a rematch to be avoided. Unless MSU misses on a BCS bowl, we will be the only team the Texas Bowl can pick from the B1G.

Well, the good news is that, after playing y'all two years in a row, the Texas Tard fans might learn how to spell "Minnesota." Or at least read it well enough for their graduates to be able to deliver pizzas to your hotel room.

tt-dominoes.jpg

The other good news is that the Texas Bowl will now have a long-awaited fashion component where their coaching staff gets to show off how deep a v-neck in a t-shirt can be, and demonstrate their chops at designing cool uniforms like a sixth-grader with their first copy of NCAA Football on X-Box.

The downside is the increased traffic on the freeways in Houston from the 150 Tceh alumni whose vehicles are up for the trip from the god-forsaken desert that is West Texas. It's not so much a problem in terms of numbers, but rather that most of these folks have never seen a stoplight or a building taller than two stories. They are also not used to driving any faster than 45 mph, and may be temporarily blinded when they try to spit a mouthful of Skoal Straight juice out their window at highway speeds and it comes back in their face.

Watch out, because unlike last year's team, this Tceh team has swagger. I'm unclear what that means, exactly, but I think it boils down to the following:

1. Same level of play as before
2. More glitter and bedazzling
3. Increased trash talk after making mundane plays
4. Three-day beards and deep v-necks

If you are uninterested in playing the tards for a second year, here is a link to their alumni association. Perhaps they can call in a favor to an old friend and have Tceh moved to the Little Ceasars Bowl: Tard Alumni Worldwide

TCEH.jpg

Well, if we do end up playing Texas Tech again, I will have not just the football game to look forward to, but some great posts from TexasAggie11 that always provide a good belly laugh! Well done, as always Aggie! HAHA! :clap: :)

The Texas Bowl would have to pass on Texas Tech a rematch to be avoided. Unless MSU misses on a BCS bowl, we will be the only team the Texas Bowl can pick from the B1G.

The Texas Bowl gets the 6th selection of Big XII teams, and there are only 6 eligible Big XII teams...we would need to have the Holiday pass on K-State and choose TT to avoid a rematch.

The Texas Bowl gets the 6th selection of Big XII teams, and there are only 6 eligible Big XII teams...we would need to have the Holiday pass on K-State and choose TT to avoid a rematch.

Ahhh, I didn't look at the Big XII standings. Great point. Looks like a rematch. . .unless the Gator Bowl chooses fairly.

Fine with the destination. Don't really care for a re-match. Like to see a different opponent simply for variety's sake.

Ahhh, I didn't look at the Big XII standings. Great point. Looks like a rematch. . .unless the Gator Bowl chooses fairly.

"Fair" isn't part of the job description of the bowls. They are only interested in what they think will bring in the best attendance and TV ratings. I don't think they even pretend that they are making any other calculation.

The only way we go to a different bowl is if
1. The Gator bowl choose fairly and picks Minnesota over Michigan (This won't happen)
OR
2. MSU doesn't get a BCS bowl. Then we'll be at the Heart of Dallas bowl. . .even worse than the Texas Bowl.

I'm thinking the Spartans go to the Rose Bowl. OSU is vulnerable.

Top Bottom