Uni Watch

Black and white are every schools colors. They look so clean and we wear them against someone we never have/may not ever play again, go crazy. The recruits and players love them and they’ll look great getting circulated on social media.
Spot on. This has nothing to do with what anyone on this board likes or fans in general. This is totally about what the players want. This was really started by Oregon and if you watch weekly you will find that they are often not loyal to the schools color scheme. However, I would wager if you did a survey of the current MN players and asked if they like what the Ducks do with their uniforms the vast majority would say they love it.

Not a fan of them at all no matter what helmet they pair it with. I'd rather they wear the anthracite ones over black. :unsure:🙃
I love the Anthracite jerseys. Are they still around?

Go Gophers!!
So I stand corrected. These photos definitely show the maroon trimmed numbers. The video and still shot posted earlier looked like the maroon trim was gone.

IMG_7055.jpeg
Regarding tonight’s black uniforms, do you agree with the Gopher’s design, or a compromise to bridge the gap between old and new school, or going all-in with black ruling over school colors?

View attachment 26822
Regarding tonight’s black uniforms, do you agree with the Gopher’s design, or a compromise to bridge the gap between old and new school, or going all-in with black ruling over school colors?
Anything that replaces the white trim with either gold or maroon. So, the compromise is better to me.

I miss having a good amount of Yellow/Gold on the jerseys. Full Banana was my favorite unis of alll time.

Is it just me or do our players look jaundiced when they put their lids on in these unis?

Black and white are every schools colors. They look so clean and we wear them against someone we never have/may not ever play again, go crazy. The recruits and players love them and they’ll look great getting circulated on social media.
I wonder if this is still actually true. When black uniforms were rare, I think you are correct. However, today it appears 80% of schools are now sporting black. It’s not unique, in fact they are common. I saw several teams sporting them this weekend.

I also would like to perform an anonymous poll with the players and ask them if they like them. I wouldn’t be surprised if many voted either “dislike” or “indifferent.” Of course they are all cheering when you see videos at the unveiling. What are they going to do, sit there and not cheer?

I’d also like to see a poll of top high school football prospects and ask them if they prefer old school uniforms like Penn State, Alabama, Michigan, etc….or do they prefer schools that sport multiple color uniforms like Oregon (and most schools today). I honestly have no idea on the answer.

Lastly, probably no surprise after reading this post, I hated the uniforms Saturday.

Last edited:

Robitussin cough syrup. And it left just as gross a taste in my mouth.

I have no problem with fancy uniforms, one offs, special event uniforms, etc.

But I do hate that the Gopher football team has slowly but surely been on a mission to eliminate the color yellow/gold under Fleck.

I wonder if this is still actually true. When black uniforms were rare, I think you are correct. However, today it appears 80% of schools are now sporting black. It’s not unique, in fact they are common. I saw several teams sporting them this weekend.

I also would like to perform an anonymous poll with the players and ask them if they like them. I wouldn’t be surprised if many voted either “dislike” or “indifferent.” Of course they are all cheering when you see videos at the unveiling. What are they going to do, sit there and not cheer?

I’d also like to see a poll of top high school football prospects and ask them if they prefer old school uniforms like Penn State, Alabama, Michigan, etc….or do they prefer schools that sport multiple color uniforms like Oregon (and most schools today). I honestly have no idea on the answer.

Lastly, probably no surprise after reading this post, I hated the uniforms Saturday.
Yes! All this "the players love them" is such BS. They'll love anything you put in front of them and hype up.

So I stand corrected. These photos definitely show the maroon trimmed numbers. The video and still shot posted earlier looked like the maroon trim was gone.
So I revoke standing corrected. The numbers were not trimmed in maroon, which looks better, even though I'm not a fan of these uniforms.

Top Bottom