Undefeated matchup: Fill-in No. 8 BYU faces No. 14 Chants - Just Scheduled - Game of the Year!!!!

Thank god, we would have been run off the field. BYU is legit this year. Our defense, not so much.

Actually the stats tell a different tale, per my earlier post in this thread -

BYU's YTD stats are amazing-

4th in most pts. scored per game 47.6
4th in least pts. allowed per game 13.9

I want them to baptize some P6 team on New Year's

Great half of football so far, clean (few penalties) and competitive.

Nice scrum at the end of the first half when the Chants gave BYU QB some questionable blocks after a half ending interception.

Last edited:

Late to this party. Looks like a pretty even matchup.

I think the outcome of this game will be:
- if BYU wins, they'll be top 12 ranked and in a NY6 bowl this year
- if CCU wins, not sure they'll make the top 12. They also will have a very tough rematch with ULouisiana in the Sun Belt champ game

BYU has put together one of the most foolish gameplans I've seen today. Playing right into CC's hands and it's going to bite them.

Good game but the hard-on these announcers have for CC is getting old.

Wow. That was an incredible finish. Really thought that receivers momentum was going to take him into the endzone. Glad it didn't.

Go Coastal Carolina!

WHAT AN ENDING.

Sorry but, no BYU did not deserve to win this game. At least what I watched, most of the 4th qtr, they didn't do jack on offense.

I don't think CCU deserves to be top 12 in the CFP rankings. And I think they just had their emotional Super Bowl. Watch out for a let down and upset in the Sun Belt champ game.

Late to this party. Looks like a pretty even matchup.

I think the outcome of this game will be:
- if BYU wins, they'll be top 12 ranked and in a NY6 bowl this year
- if CCU wins, not sure they'll make the top 12. They also will have a very tough rematch with ULouisiana in the Sun Belt champ game

If they bet the Cajuns again, who as of now, are ranked #25, that means they would have beaten three ranked teams this year, including the Cajuns (twice). So they still have a shot for a NY6 Bowl game, but they also need some help - Cincy has has to lose and some other teams as well.

In a shitball year, this would be a great story - picked last in their conference and make it to a NY6 Bowl. We need that IMO.

I will watch the SunBelt championship and who knows maybe Troy will beat up the Cajuns the next week - Coastal is off BTW.

UP to this date and time, this is arguably the game of the year!!!

Last edited:

Wow. That was an incredible finish. Really thought that receivers momentum was going to take him into the endzone. Glad it didn't.

Go Coastal Carolina!

Great tackle by #43 (I think, who pulled him backwards).

If they bet the Cajuns again, who as of now, are ranked #25, that means they would have beaten three ranked teams this year, including the Cajuns. So they still have a shot for a NY6 Bowl game, but they also need some help - Cincy has has to lose and some other teams as well.

In a shitball year, this would be a great story - picked last in their conference and make it to a NY6 Bowl. We need that IMO.

I will watch the SunBelt championship and who knows maybe Troy will beat up the Cajuns the next week - Coastal is off BTW.

Agree. The crappy part for them is that they will have played all the games they would've played where others would have picked up more Ls and over the course of the season, this would have led to them moving up even further. Instead, they'll be lucky to sneak into the top 12. Depends how impressive they look vs UL

If they bet the Cajuns again, who as of now, are ranked #25, that means they would have beaten three ranked teams this year, including the Cajuns (twice). So they still have a shot for a NY6 Bowl game, but they also need some help - Cincy has has to lose and some other teams as well.

Cincy is all but guaranteed to get the G5 auto-bid. But that's not a problem for CCU.

This year, all of the top 12 ranked teams are likely to get in the NY6. So if CCU is able to get to #12, they'll be in too. The only thing that would throw it off is if something weird happens to Miami. They're likely guaranteed the Orange Bowl as the #3 team in the ACC, assuming both Clemson and ND go to the playoff.

Coastal plays at Troy next week, while UL is off. Then the week after is the champ game.

All conference champs should make the playoff
Baby steps is how the major college football post-season has always expanded. From independent bowls, to an alliance of the major bowls except the Rose, to then including the Rose and rotating a matchup of #1 vs #2, to then having the that matchup as a separate bowl, to then having a 4 team playoff bracket.

Next logical step is 6, or if they can muster it 8. Going past that is going to be a major barrier, but we'll see.

Baby steps is how the major college football post-season has always expanded. From independent bowls, to an alliance of the major bowls except the Rose, to then including the Rose and rotating a matchup of #1 vs #2, to then having the that matchup as a separate bowl, to then having a 4 team playoff bracket.

Next logical step is 6, or if they can muster it 8. Going past that is going to be a major barrier, but we'll see.
To me, if they aren’t going to get more conferences in, expanding the playoff. Doesn’t appeal to me.

I don’t really need to watch games between 4 SEC, 2 ACC, Ohio state, and Cincinnati

First round games
Alabama beats Georgia again. Yawn.

To me, if they aren’t going to get more conferences in, expanding the playoff.

I don’t really need to watch games between 4 SEC, 2 ACC, Ohio state, and Cincinnati
Going to 6 with auto-bids for the P5 and the highest ranked G5 champion, makes sense to me. First round bye for top two ranked teams.

Cincy is all but guaranteed to get the G5 auto-bid. But that's not a problem for CCU.

This year, all of the top 12 ranked teams are likely to get in the NY6. So if CCU is able to get to #12, they'll be in too. The only thing that would throw it off is if something weird happens to Miami. They're likely guaranteed the Orange Bowl as the #3 team in the ACC, assuming both Clemson and ND go to the playoff.

Coastal plays at Troy next week, while UL is off. Then the week after is the champ game.
Thanks for the info and I'm in my happy place now.

Also think they getting bumped up to #11 in the AP Poll will start.

Running the option off the RPO is brilliant and great to watch.

The defender for Carolina should have been tossed for the play against the BYU QB. The play as the half ended. Bush league.

Thanks for the info and I'm in my happy place now.

Also think they getting bumped up to #11 in the AP Poll will start.

Running the option off the RPO is brilliant and great to watch.
Will be interesting to see what the CFP looks like ... but so many teams either won or didn't play. BYU, Okla St, and Wiscy were the losers. I don't think CCU will skip over UNC and NW, but I suppose they could.

Texas A&M and Florida, didn't watch the games, but the scores looked very basic against not great teams. Maybe there will be some shuffling them down to give Iowa State a chance to get in if they win out and something really weird happens.

One of the most entertaining football games I’ve seen in years. Reminded me of Boise St. Against Oklahoma I believe in the Bowl game. I may be wrong on their opponent?

Top Bottom