Tyrone Carter

Lots of folks are bad at making an argument, and on Twitter everyone looks like a jerk....

But Tyrone... at this point I worry if the guy is ok... maybe he is and he's just that way, but maybe not...

Never had a men’s championship??? He played here for 4 years, right? Tyrone must not be very bright.

Never had a men’s championship??? He played here for 4 years, right? Tyrone must not be very bright.

Someone else already mentioned CTE as a very likely possibility with him.

Hopefully there are some folks close to him who can help him out.

Like twitter fits who cares, but when it involves other life decisions, not good if he's got some problems.

TC means never a title decided on the field or the court, athletes tend to recognize title games that were played. That is how competitors measure themselves. Had a twenty minute chat with him while he was training kids. He is pretty pissed off and has his own points. Not in favor of the style he chooses to share them but they are his. It is different when your face to face to him. I was out for a 5 mile walk on a route i take when i am here in town and he waved me down. Intense, but he has always run on high intensity and burns high grade fuel. That is what got him so far. Plus he has family issues, the dog business,beautiful kids, the training business, taking care of people.

TC means never a title decided on the field or the court, athletes tend to recognize title games that were played. That is how competitors measure themselves. Had a twenty minute chat with him while he was training kids. He is pretty pissed off and has his own points. Not in favor of the style he chooses to share them but they are his. It is different when your face to face to him. I was out for a 5 mile walk on a route i take when i am here in town and he waved me down. Intense, but he has always run on high intensity and burns high grade fuel. That is what got him so far. Plus he has family issues, the dog business,beautiful kids, the training business, taking care of people.

But it's still factually incorrect.

Does he mean the state of Minnesota has never won a men's title in sports? The Twins won two.

Does he mean the University of Minnesota? I'm pretty sure the men's hockey program won more than a few national titles.

Does he mean the U football program has never won a national title? So he is talking down because we haven't won a title in the BCS/CFP title game era? I mean, only 12 schools have ever done that.

Yeah, the more I read about him I think he means well but he isn't good at translating his passion to an understandable message on twitter.

Does he mean the state of Minnesota has never won a men's title in sports? The Twins won two.

Does he mean the University of Minnesota? I'm pretty sure the men's hockey program won more than a few national titles.

Does he mean the U football program has never won a national title? So he is talking down because we haven't won a title in the BCS/CFP title game era? I mean, only 12 schools have ever done that.
I have no idea on his clarity to all sports but through the years i know how he feels about basketball and football. I have only talked about college football and basketball. He does concede that Fleck is a really good coach.

I have no idea on his clarity to all sports but through the years i know how he feels about basketball and football. I have only talked about college football and basketball. He does concede that Fleck is a really good coach.

Fair enough. It's just a really specific way to present a "fact".

"No national titles during the 22-year period where college football actually played a national championship game."

So I guess Notre Dame has zero national titles then as well. Silly Alt kid. ;)

Last edited:

Much like my kids and their kids and their friends, they would not count any titles not won on the field and only by vote.Look at how many football titles Princeton won, sometimes by being 1-1 or having less than three games. Some will argue to count all of the ones that did not exclude minorities, some count them all. Tyrone has his own life journey.

Fair enough. It's just a really specific way to present a "fact".

"No national titles during the 22-year period where college football actually played a national championship game."

So I guess Notre Dame has zero national titles then as well. Silly Alt kid. ;)
I count all the ones that had a national championship game, just like hoops or tennis and golf and baseball, and hockey and lacrosse. And it does not bother me at all if people want to count all of Princetons and Yale's Voted titles !

Much like my kids and their kids and their friends, they would not count any titles not won on the field and only by vote.Look at how many football titles Princeton won, sometimes by being 1-1 or having less than three games. Some will argue to count all of the ones that did not exclude minorities, some count them all. Tyrone has his own life journey.

You've basically eliminated 100 years of college football. There are a lot of legendary coaches and players who would like to have a word about that.

You've basically eliminated 100 years of college football. There are a lot of legendary coaches and players who would like to have a word about that.
I have not eliminated anyone. I have great respect for what Roper got done at Princeton., What Rockne, Bryant etc.. got done, all the Heisman winners and others. I do have greater respect for teams and coaches who won it without excluding a race and even more by winning it by vote. Legends are so personalized by a fan. Like would you call Tyrone a legend, nationally he would not be thought of that way. When i think of Legend i think of Jim Brown. We get so biased. When i was taking my kids to Gopher games they thought Rickey Upchurch was a legend and i was not about to tell them otherwise.

With all due respect, I’m calling BS on the title game theory. It’s just TC being an ass. Antoine Winfield and many others burn high octane fuel too, but I don’t see them calling their school and state racist. At this point, I wouldn’t mind if he moved back to Florida. Young players in the state look up to him, and he’s doing real damage, regardless of how ridiculous his rants are.

With all due respect, I’m calling BS on the title game theory. It’s just TC being an ass. Antoine Winfield and many others burn high octane fuel too, but I don’t see them calling their school and state racist. At this point, I wouldn’t mind if he moved back to Florida. Young players in the state look up to him, and he’s doing real damage, regardless of how ridiculous his rants are.
Can not disagree with you except for moving back to Florida. Would rather he stayed here, grew and changed as a person and continued to mentor kids in a better light.

Sometimes mentors need mentors. Is he using?
Mentors need mentors. Wisdom says everyone is your teacher for better and what you learn to be worse. Using ? I really do not know him that well and i am not a clinician but i would be surprised if he put in anything harmful to his conditioning. He is a beast.

Here’s the video where he rips Fleck, and says he’s going to get rid of all of his Gopher stuff starting tomorrow. He also seems to be trying to pull an Iowa here, or at least tiptoeing around it, but I don’t see anyone backing him on it. He’s on his own.

was he drunk ...? WTF...

Gophers have won 3 NCAA baseball championships.

He doesn't even understand what the General College was all about.
How many colleges have had African American head football coaches? In the Big 10 there is Ill., MSU, Maryland, Northwestern....are there any others?

I remember about 7 years back at a Gopher practice & TC was trying to be all cool w/ the D backs and they just ignored him. I wondered what that was all about. Now I think I have a clue.

He doesn't even understand what the General College was all about.
How many colleges have had African American head football coaches? In the Big 10 there is Ill., MSU, Maryland, Northwestern....are there any others?

I remember about 7 years back at a Gopher practice & TC was trying to be all cool w/ the D backs and they just ignored him. I wondered what that was all about. Now I think I have a clue.

Pretty sure Pat Fitzgerald is white

I guess it is a good thing that South Carolina and Alabama don't have any racism because if they did Alabama, Auburn, and Clemson wouldn't have won any of those titles.

Only TC can connect the Vikings never winning a Super Bowl (and cutting him) to the U of M football team not having a black head coach to systemic racism at the U.

He said "have had" a black football coach, which I take to mean have ever had. And, Denny Green once was the head football coach at Northwestern. Not to speak for the great Halsey Hall, but I figure that's what he was getting at.

Denny Green back in the early 80's. He was not successful at NW, but was still the HC for a period and I think that is what Halsey was stating as he didn't say currently.

Mentors need mentors. Wisdom says everyone is your teacher for better and what you learn to be worse. Using ? I really do not know him that well and i am not a clinician but i would be surprised if he put in anything harmful to his conditioning. He is a beast.
Funny thing about mentoring. I remember bringing this up quite a while ago. Something tells me that maybe if there was some mentoring programs, maybe TC would have actually realized his dream to coach.

Funny thing about mentoring. I remember bringing this up quite a while ago. Something tells me that maybe if there was some mentoring programs, maybe TC would have actually realized his dream to coach.
In wonder though. Some folks just aren't in a position to lead.

Like if you're inclined to rant ans wandering as Tyrone and blame some folks and then later note you wouldn't talk to them anyway or even that you don't blame them.... that's a self awareness that I'm not sure can be taught... maybe it can ... by some miracle worker or something...

Denny Green back in the early 80's. He was not successful at NW, but was still the HC for a period and I think that is what Halsey was stating as he didn't say currently.

My bad, I misread that. I wasn't actually aware of Denny Green, that was before I was alive. James Franklin could be added to the list as well.

In wonder though. Some folks just aren't in a position to lead.

Like if you're inclined to rant ans wandering as Tyrone and blame some folks and then later note you wouldn't talk to them anyway or even that you don't blame them.... that's a self awareness that I'm not sure can be taught... maybe it can ... by some miracle worker or something...
Can he teach? Maybe he wouldn't have been a good head coach, but a position coach or DC? Again maybe? This is of course all speculation.

Top Bottom