Tyrone Carter

GoldenHerbs

Reaction score
Does anyone follow his Twitter? For the last month he just randomly spews venom towards the Gophers program. Today he demanded that they apologize for the suspension of the 10 boys from the sex scandal 4 yrs ago. It's such a bad look, he seems salty he never got the db coach job he wanted. He also complained about the U never hiring a black head coach and complained that when he was recruited he was told about all the fortune 500 companies but none of them wanted to hire him. He is turning into a true clown.

He's been a twitter drama machine since forever.

Good at football /= good choices at other things.

I took a look. It’s worse than I’ve ever seen it. He has a couple videos up. He trashed PJ, Wacker, the school, the Fortune 500 companies in the Twin Cities...basically everyone. He said he’s going to get rid of all of his Gopher memorabilia tomorrow. He burned ALL bridges.

Mason era personna now seeking non grata status.

It's too bad because better things in play now as well as on the horizon.

Last edited:

Um, because a number of that 10 weren't involved and were unjustly persecuted and had their names run through the mud??
True, but more to the point I'm not sure how much Tyrone would know what was or wasn't said to those kids.

TC called out the victim by name on Twitter IIRC.... That dude is messed up.

At one point he seemed to warm to the university again and seemed to want a job, but when he didn't get it turned on them again.

Dude's whole Twitter persona is at best fickel and weird, and at worst it really is all about him and no matter what cause or torch he takes up it really is still all about him somewhere underneath.

I was under the impression Carter and Fleck were playing nice again, at least going back to the time of the Penn State win/ or maybe Auburn win. Maybe Carter was wound up well before that, but I stay off twitter.
I wonder what caused the most recent flare up in hostility.

True, but more to the point I'm not sure how much Tyrone would know what was or wasn't said to those kids.

TC called out the victim by name on Twitter IIRC.... That dude is messed up.

At one point he seemed to warm to the university again and seemed to want a job, but when he didn't get it turned on them again.

Dude's whole Twitter persona is at best fickel and weird, and at worst it really is all about him and no matter what cause or torch he takes up it really is still all about him somewhere underneath.

Should have clarified here that I am not endorsing what Tyrone is doing on Twitter. But I was responding to that poster's question about the university's culpability and mishandling of that situation.

For context of the OP, TC sounds off:

Go Gophers!!

Here’s the video where he rips Fleck, and says he’s going to get rid of all of his Gopher stuff starting tomorrow. He also seems to be trying to pull an Iowa here, or at least tiptoeing around it, but I don’t see anyone backing him on it. He’s on his own.

To be fair, PJ Fleck was not here when that whole mess went down and the coach that was, got fired. This happened what 4 years ago and NOW he is upset and ranting and raving about it?? I wonder what set him off - I don't get it.

I will take the high road on him and say I enjoyed watching him while he was here - he was a talented player!!

Once again TC showing why nobody would hire him on a coaching staff and why nobody listens to what he says, dude is deranged

Once again TC showing why nobody would hire him on a coaching staff and why nobody listens to what he says, dude is deranged

I once was taking a public speaking class that also had a whole thing about getting along with people who can be challenging at work and etc.

Some lady introduces her self and says:

I'm Marsha, I am in this class because my employer thinks I'm difficult but really I get along with people just fine ... just not some stupid people at our office...

Then she sat down and seriously pouted.

One of those moments where I'm not sure she realizes that she sort of outed herself there as the problem. TC seems to do that a lot...

Who was TC’s nephew that he referenced?

He is living, breathing CTE and it appears the Civil Unrest that is occuring has ignited his fire. I don't think anyone can say that the George Floyd incident/murder hasn't brought to attention to everyone to the systemic racism that exists in our country, but TC has taken it to a new level. Even hinting at the fact that the state didn't build a stadium for Dennis Green but built one for a white coach. Totally skipped over the fact that the Vikings have new ownership and when the stadium was built the team president was a African-American.

Yall act like its not possible for TC, an alum who is also very well connected amongst local athletes and who probably knows more about the ins and outs of our program and D1 FB in general to have different insight into things than the average message board fan. Especially when he’s discussing issues pertaining to black players, I find it interesting that so many posters (most of who Id assume are white) are writing him off as crazy without the knowledge behind it. Seems like an ironic microcosm of our society...

Yall act like its not possible for TC, an alum who is also very well connected amongst local athletes and who probably knows more about the ins and outs of our program and D1 FB in general to have different insight into things than the average message board fan. Especially when he’s discussing issues pertaining to black players, I find it interesting that so many posters (most of who Id assume are white) are writing him off as crazy without the knowledge behind it. Seems like an ironic microcosm of our society...
The problem with his nephew was the fact that he thought Fleck would hold a scholly for him and he took another DB that committed to the U before his nephew was ready. This is usually how it goes in recruitng. His problem with the sexual assault case may have been warranted to some degree (imo the guys who got dragged in that were not involved is probs the sticking point but who knows) and we could debate that til we are blue in the face, but when ya drop the vic's name on Twitter you look like a jackass. Guy has taken unwarranted shots at the program multiple times.

Also very well connected among local athletes? Please list D1 athletes that have trained under him. Guy hasn't been involved in CFB since he got out of it but you are just going to randomly claim he knows the ins and outs of our program? Nice try bud

When you act like a 4 year old, you get treated like a a four year old. I haven't hired a four year old yet, so I'm guessing that's the problem. I'm satisfied.

I would hope he is getting some help. He was a physical player we know now that for some, it has caused issues in judgement and behavior. Hopefully this will be a call for help.

He’s definitely trying to stir something up, but it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.

The guy can't put a single sentence together. Acts like an idiot. Nobody will listen to him or certainly not hire him. Yep that's a good microcosm of our society.

Top Bottom