Typical Day for a Texas Tech Fan

The Dust Bowl

I think I saw those pictures before on Ken Burns' documentary The Dust Bowl.

Tech just lost all six of its Juco verbal commits today to Cincy.

First Tubbs left recruits at dinner, now this.

Word on the street is that he also upper deckered the toilet in the head coach's office on his way out.

Gross! To each himself, but I will take Minneapolis over Lubbock any day of the year!

What do you mean Rush University (who?)? Pretty large medical school - I'm quite shocked that anyone in academia has never heard of it.

It was established in 1972 and has under 2k students... :) That's why I made the comment.

uKe7i.jpg

This is a real, honest-to-god, unphotoshopped aerial photo of Lubbock, Texas from this week.

Don't bring your good clothes to the game, because the Tards are going to be like Pigpen from Peanuts and arrive to Houston in a cloud of filth.

Texas Aggie: Have you been to Iowa? It would shock you...seriously. Even the natives from Lubbock would find the entire state of Iowa distasteful.

Texas Aggie: Have you been to Iowa? It would shock you...seriously. Even the natives from Lubbock would find the entire state of Iowa distasteful.

This is very true! Unless, of course, the Tards enjoy the smell of hog manure (which they very well might!) ;)

Sometimes I can be wrong, and when I am, I'm man enough to admit it.

I'm sitting here reading the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post at our Christmas vacation house, and I learned something.

Texas Tech just won the Meat Judging National Championship. This marks the tenth time Tech has won the award. Congratulations to Tech for bringing this prestigious award home to the Lone Star State. You are, in fact, pulling your weight in the Big 12. My apologies.

Sometimes I can be wrong, and when I am, I'm man enough to admit it.

I'm sitting here reading the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post at our Christmas vacation house, and I learned something.

Texas Tech just won the Meat Judging National Championship. This marks the tenth time Tech has won the award. Congratulations to Tech for bringing this prestigious award home to the Lone Star State. You are, in fact, pulling your weight in the Big 12. My apologies.

+1

Wow. There was a shockingly high ratio of human trash to decent people in that video.

I'm guessing that they don't have the security presence that we have in the lots around TCF.

It's hard to believe through all of that video that there wasn't a presence of a gun at some point. I mean it is TexasTech.

If this epic thread taught us nothing else, we should not be surprised by any of this behavior. I'm guessing this was a normal TT road trip/tailgating result.

Wow. There was a shockingly high ratio of human trash to decent people in that video.

I'm guessing that they don't have the security presence that we have in the lots around TCF.

I don't know if TCF security would have done anything about the brawl, but they would have made darn sure that none of the combatants was armed with a sippy cup.

First two aren't good, but what's the problem with the last one about waffles? Seems like a fun promotion.
There is nothing wrong with waffles but the delivery is something else. First, how about this catchy offer:

“Turn Down For Waffles”

This is almost as bad as the cotton promotion.

Really, you had to explain this one to the Tech students:

Rowdon said students who arrive closer to the kickoff time may not receive as many waffles as students who arrive at the stadium at an earlier time.

You think?

And then this:

“I think we’re going to try and moderate it some at the higher traffic times. We’ll probably limit students to one or two waffles,” he said. “If they get there early enough then they might get three or four. We’d be more than happy to provide them with a full meal.”

Am I to assume a couple of waffles is a full meal in Lubbock? Wow!

There is nothing wrong with waffles but the delivery is something else. First, how about this catchy offer:

“Turn Down For Waffles”

This is almost as bad as the cotton promotion.

Really, you had to explain this one to the Tech students:

Rowdon said students who arrive closer to the kickoff time may not receive as many waffles as students who arrive at the stadium at an earlier time.

You think?

And then this:

“I think we’re going to try and moderate it some at the higher traffic times. We’ll probably limit students to one or two waffles,” he said. “If they get there early enough then they might get three or four. We’d be more than happy to provide them with a full meal.”

Am I to assume a couple of waffles is a full meal in Lubbock? Wow!
Seems like a reach. This Texas A&M version of PHawk is looking for anything he can find.

Top Bottom