Tyler Nubin Appreciation Thread

Nubin is why you don’t write off the young players when they make some mistakes. Howden is another. I recall both catching flack early in their careers.

Poetic that Mr. Winfield was the Guest Lead for the "Do The Gopher" segment relative to Nubin's potential greatness.

Side note on the Do The Gopher moment. At least around us that was arguably the least participatory DTG moment I think I've seen since it's been a staple at TCF. Pretty deflated fanbase at that moment in the game.

Of course Mrs. Billd did her Gopher just fine in spite of the circumstances. She's that kind of fan:love:.

'Do The Gopher' is not a good bit. But it's still way better than the gopher call and response thing.

I can’t stop watching this. Incredible play in a critical time and Gus Johnson on the call. It’s perfect.

Same. It gives me chills even watching it the 10th time. Man, I wish I was in the stadium! Sounds like it was absolutely electric. HUGE kudos to everyone for sticking it out through the 3.5 quarters of slogfest.

Same. It gives me chills even watching it the 10th time. Man, I wish I was in the stadium! Sounds like it was absolutely electric. HUGE kudos to everyone for sticking it out through the 3.5 quarters of slogfest.

What a great play. Here the ball is in the air. The ball was NOT thrown right to the defender. It looks like a smart pass between coverage.

And then Nubin quickly steps in from behind to pick it off. How did he move that fast?

1693662539737.png

1693662686580.png

The best thing about the second pick is that after he gets up off the ground, he immediately makes a gesture that everyone needs to calm down, as there was still work to be done.

Nubin is why you don’t write off the young players when they make some mistakes. Howden is another. I recall both catching flack early in their careers.
Yep. Always kills me when some fans are willing to close the book on a player after their first year or two in the program if they aren't an immediate star.

Nubin is just the latest in countless example of guys who have taken a little while to get their feet under them before becoming stars.

As great a player as he has been, that penalty on the one yard line to give 4 more chances for an Iowa TD, was EXTREMELY boneheaded.

Is this serious? I heard the bone headed play he made on the goal line, but didn't think RTB would sink him so fast.
He’s been the best player on the field today. If we win this he’ll have contributed more to the win than anyone else even with the penalty.

Top Bottom