Tyler Nubin Appreciation Thread

His athleticism adds so much to the secondary plus he had some big hits on ST’s.

played so well. What a clutch play in the last drive. I am still shocked we came back. Great win.

Shades of Winfield Jr. Clutch. Clutch. Clutch.

Wow... it's really, really, really early in the season to do this, but you nailed it so perfectly that you, friend, are officially in the running for Post of the Year.

I never thought we would be lucky enough to see Winfield's like again. Never. But I was wrong.

And... Daniel Jackson doing his Chris Autman-Bell vs Fresno State impersonation! Unbelievable.

This is why I love Gopher football.

played so well. What a clutch play in the last drive. I am still shocked we came back. Great win.
Like he willed it to be so. Absolutely everything to this team.

He is a leader and winner. Great Safety. Nubin will be a high draft pick and play on Sundays. So grateful he came back this year and for being a Gopher. Winfieldesque game turning play tonight. Go Gophers!

Gotta think he really caught the eye of the NFL teams that were tuning in tonight.

Great player, so glad he came back for one more year. Here's hoping today was just a taste of what is going to be a monster final season for him.

I'm just mad at him because my call for first Gopher TD was a Nubin pick six and he didn't deliver.

But seriously, he's awesome.

I think we all know as gopher fans we are not going to see national titles in our lifetimes. We will never be Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, etc.

But watching guys like Tyler Nubin improve year over year and turn into a superstar, and future NFL draft pick is what makes it fun being a fan of a program like this. Nubin is a rare young man in today's world, and I'll cherish watching his remaining games in the maroon and gold.

Crazy stuff. Offense couldn't get much going and it was looking like we were going to lose. What does the defense do? Walley and Nubin get the ball back for the offense right around mid field on two consecutive drives. Lots of individually impressive performances.

Poetic that Mr. Winfield was the Guest Lead for the "Do The Gopher" segment relative to Nubin's potential greatness.

Side note on the Do The Gopher moment. At least around us that was arguably the least participatory DTG moment I think I've seen since it's been a staple at TCF. Pretty deflated fanbase at that moment in the game.

Of course Mrs. Billd did her Gopher just fine in spite of the circumstances. She's that kind of fan:love:.

Go Gophers!!
PFF had Nubin in their Top 50 pre-2023 NFL draft, so it's obvious they like him (as they should). I was actually a little surprised Nubin came back because he was a lock as a Day 2 pick. Glad he's back. Great player.

He is built like he could be in the NFL right now.

Obviously Nubin was huge, but being at the game, I felt Wally was just as noticeable. A Wally appreciation thread is warranted as well. For as big as Nubin was, Wally was stepping up to stop runs all night and had the huge punch out that led to "The Catch" drive. His tackling is so sure, reminiscent of Tyrone Carter - just never misses a tackle.

He was stopping people in their tracks, all night. Him and Tre Jones led the team in tackles and it was not even close. Many of Wally's tackles were him stepping up to the line and he was the last Gopher before it would be a big gainer and he was money.

Top Bottom