Trey Potts - UPDATED With Statement from the U

Covid Contrarian Alex Berenson insinuates Potts condition Covid vaccine related?
Please don't turn this into a political discussion. I'm just reporting what he wrote on his Substack 10/30/2021. Berenson has been wrong on some issues and right on others (much like the CDC, WHO, Fauci, etc.)

"Then there’s the curious case of Trey Potts, the starting running back for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers.

At least Potts was the starting running back until Oct. 2, when he left Minnesota’s game against Purdue University with an unexplained injury. Potts walked off with “no immediate signs on the field that he had been hurt in the first place,” per a Minnesota newspaper - but then was taken by ambulance to a hospital and hospitalized for six days.

The university now says Potts - who as a student was required to receive a Covid vaccination - will not play again in 2021 because of an “upper-body injury,” a weirdly, if not insultingly, vague diagnosis.

We should probably check with Dr. Rochelle Walensky or some other public health professional, but the heart is in the upper body, right?"

Covid Contrarian Alex Berenson insinuates Potts condition Covid vaccine related?
Please don't turn this into a political discussion. I'm just reporting what he wrote on his Substack 10/30/2021. Berenson has been wrong on some issues and right on others (much like the CDC, WHO, Fauci, etc.)

"Then there’s the curious case of Trey Potts, the starting running back for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers.

At least Potts was the starting running back until Oct. 2, when he left Minnesota’s game against Purdue University with an unexplained injury. Potts walked off with “no immediate signs on the field that he had been hurt in the first place,” per a Minnesota newspaper - but then was taken by ambulance to a hospital and hospitalized for six days.

The university now says Potts - who as a student was required to receive a Covid vaccination - will not play again in 2021 because of an “upper-body injury,” a weirdly, if not insultingly, vague diagnosis.

We should probably check with Dr. Rochelle Walensky or some other public health professional, but the heart is in the upper body, right?"
Ask the Tin Man

Do UofM scholarship athletes get good health insurance? The best in-network care for most policies is extremely limited geographically which could be an issue if he's on a family policy. If the U has good local heath insurance for athletes, then I'm talking out my ass.
You’re talking out of your ass.

I went to a D3 school and had injury insurance and emergency clauses up to like $2.5 million, we all did. The school paid that as it was very inexpensive because the odds of your golfers as soccer players, etc needing it are very low.

Heard a rumor about what actually happened.

Zero to do with covid. Not a blood clot or anything with heart. Not a broken bone either.

A freak thing. Could have easily been life threatening. Just crazy.

But like I said, rumor.

I'm gonna quote right wing nut job Alex Berenson's crazy ass covid conspiracy bs but "please don't turn this into a political discussion."

Last edited:

Since everyone is assuming, how about this assumption. Think of the shit storm that would be caused if Potts had a blood clot that formed in his lungs due to receiving the Covid-19 vaccination? That would be a condition that would definitely cause silence at ground zero. I can tell from a past experience that once a blood clot is found in the lungs you will never see a medical team move faster at treatment in your life. It would explain the heavy commotion of getting him in and out of the tent that has been described in the earlier posts of this thread. Oh, how politics have ruined our way of life!
I nominate this for worst post of the year.

Literally no better than any of the speculation here. Doesn't even say he has more information...

Do UofM scholarship athletes get good health insurance? The best in-network care for most policies is extremely limited geographically which could be an issue if he's on a family policy. If the U has good local heath insurance for athletes, then I'm talking out my ass.

No worries, this is 99.99% of us, including field experts

Zero to do with covid. Not a blood clot or anything with heart. Not a broken bone either.

But like I said, rumor.

Mysterious post from the guy going on an on about HIPAA not applying to private citizen third parties

I'm gonna quote right wing nut job Alex Berenson's crazy ass covid conspiracy bs but "please don't turn this into a political discussion."

With Gold Vision, we have today's co-winners. Congrats guys!

dbag.jpg

You just did. Potts and his family have chosen to keep details of this to themselves. Why would political activist Alex Berenson know jack diddle about the situation?

Also, when it comes to Fauci, let's not pretend Berenson did anything other than latch on to other people's disclosures and ideas, because they sufficiently aligned with his political views.

With Gold Vision, we have today's co-winners. Congrats guys!

View attachment 15046
The fact that you think your post containing absolutely no factual information, just pure speculation, from a guy known to be on one side of the aisle is better than the one you gave this dumb award to is pure insanity.

But like I said, rumor.
dont post unless you can tell us what it was. we all care, we follow these guys from recruiting thru out their time here. if people dont want to tell us what happend with us the gopher nation. dont. i will forget about it and not care any more.

You just did. Potts and his family have chosen to keep details of this to themselves. Why would political activist Alex Berenson know jack diddle about the situation?

Also, when it comes to Fauci, let's not pretend Berenson did anything other than latch on to other people's disclosures and ideas, because they sufficiently aligned with his political views.
Idiot.

Civility feels dead. We’re discussing a young man who’s contributed greatly to the U. I would hope we’d respect his privacy and allow him to heal. His career may over as an athlete.
I don't know of anyone not respecting his privacy here.

I don't see where anyone defended Fauci. But the thread had gone about 19 pages without politics before Les decided to see if he could agitate things.
Then you should look harder, someone pointed at something that might blame the vaccine and the response was USAF hissyfit and somoene nominating another one for worst post in the thread. You're right, they're reactions probably had nothing to do with politics.

The whole thread is filled with outlandish theories about his potential injury, those posts received a uniquely specific reaction, I wonder why?!?!?

This wonderful forum has a great nearly 100% rate of any lengthy thread turning into political debates well done

Top Bottom