Transfer Portal 2024

Michigan's Cameron Williams and Elise Stuck enter the portal

Just days after the Michigan women’s basketball team’s season ended, senior forwards Cameron Williams and Elise Stuck entered the transfer portal, according to the Next’s portal tracker.

Both Williams and Stuck had largely underwhelming seasons for the Wolverines, but provided critical veteran leadership and NCAA Tournament experience as two of the five rostered players who experienced Michigan’s Elite Eight run in 2022.

“The senior class is really special,” Michigan coach Kim Barnes Arico said Saturday. “First and foremost, the ones that have been with us for four years … came in during an interesting time. They supported each other. They rallied around, and they’ve just been phenomenal. They’re Michigan women. They represent what this program stands for, and they left it all with our team. So I’m really proud of them.”

They need a starting center and a point guard. One needs to be at least league average, the other needs to be upper 1/3 of the conference.

That's what it'll take to be a serious team next year.

Ohio State's offseason is not off to a great start.

Just three days after losing in the second round of the NCAA Tournament to Duke, head coach Kevin McGuff is losing sophomore guard Emma Shumate to the transfer portal, she posted on Instagram Wednesday.
That makes 9 players gone from this years team...............I think.

Ohio State's offseason is not off to a great start.

Just three days after losing in the second round of the NCAA Tournament to Duke, head coach Kevin McGuff is losing sophomore guard Emma Shumate to the transfer portal, she posted on Instagram Wednesday.
She has moved around a bunch so it's hard to keep track. Would you she have played for DP at West Virginia?

They need a starting center and a point guard. One needs to be at least league average, the other needs to be upper 1/3 of the conference.

That's what it'll take to be a serious team next year.
In my honest opinion I think the top 5 are tournament caliber players. I don’t think they will get any superstars. I would like to see them get a couple of 5th years who can bring leadership and help off the bench. A post and a guard.

In my honest opinion I think the top 5 are tournament caliber players. I don’t think they will get any superstars. I would like to see them get a couple of 5th years who can bring leadership and help off the bench. A post and a guard.
Coach P can bring in a superstar or a great player, however; scholarship count/availability will determine that. I believe she can sell the program and playing time.
Who would not want to play next to Mara?

Ok, I'm a little lost here. Is there a womens equivalent to Verbal Commits? That site is pretty solid in terms of keeping track of mens tranfers for both division 1 and 2. I'm having a tough time finding anything for Division 2 portal news for womens basketball. Obviously looking for something that doesn't require a subscription with a fairly easy to follow listing, similar to Verbal Commits. Any help?

Ok, I'm a little lost here. Is there a womens equivalent to Verbal Commits? That site is pretty solid in terms of keeping track of mens tranfers for both division 1 and 2. I'm having a tough time finding anything for Division 2 portal news for womens basketball. Obviously looking for something that doesn't require a subscription with a fairly easy to follow listing, similar to Verbal Commits. Any help?
This is the only one that I have found. https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-d-i-2023-24/

Maryland women’s basketball incurred its second loss this offseason to the transfer portal when its longest-tenured player, Faith Masonius, announced her intentions to look elsewhere for her sixth and final year of eligibility.

“Terp nation, thank you for welcoming me with open arms and loving me throughout the past five years,” Masonius said in a post to X. “I have nothing but love for the school, program and entire coaching and support staff.”

Masonius has been a Maryland mainstay since arriving as the No. 49 ranked recruit in the Terps’ top-ranked 2019 class, which was rounded out by Diamond Miller, Ashley Owusu and Zoe Young

every person is different. Some have a different expectations than others, obviously. But the thing to remember with this particular group is that while yes, they all stayed through the coaching change... none of them were recruited by the Plitzuweit staff. So if Plitzuweit wants to make meaningful changes with the roster, she might have some tough conversations with the group about their roles on the team next year. If the student-athletes don't like those conversations, or the direction of their roles, then they'll probably enter the portal. Which is a GOOD THING for everyone invovled, imo.
GG was a Coach P recruit while she was at WVU.

A list of some of the top transfers in the portal.

I know we have Kenna coming in next season...

but I'd still maybe make a call

a good shooter and a pesky defender..

1712179029637.png

The portal is crazy today. I hope the Gophers can stick together, I think they can make some noise next year with all of these players switching teams. This team is also fun to watch just to see their growth.

The portal is crazy today. I hope the Gophers can stick together, I think they can make some noise next year with all of these players switching teams. This team is also fun to watch just to see their growth.
I would be shocked if we don't see any Gophers hit the portal. Almost every team has a member, will be interesting to monitor once the season ends.

Rikki Harris into the portal

Wednesday, a third member of the 2023-24 Ohio State women’s basketball team entered their name into the transfer portal. This time it’s fan favorite and five-year Buckeye guard Rikki Harris.

Coming out of high school from North Central High School in Indianapolis, Indiana, Harris joined the Buckeyes as a five-star recruit and No. 24 overall in the 2019 recruiting class. The guard entered as a member of a strong class of fellow freshmen like guards Jacy Sheldon, Madison Greene, and forward Rebeka Mikulasikova.

After suffering an injury early in her collegiate career, resulting in a redshirt season for 2019-20, Harris became a player that head coach Kevin McGuff relied on in the past four seasons.

Another player for Penn State has put their name in the transfer portal.

Ali Brigham has left the Lady Lions after playing under coach Carolyn Kieger for three seasons, according to Talia Goodman of 247Sports

The center was a key component to the blue and white's success, as she held down the fort at starting center for the entire season.

It will be her second time entering the portal, as she played a season at George Washington before her time at State College.

She is the second Lady Lion to go portaling, joining guard Shay Ciezki.

Top Bottom