Transfer Portal 2024

Not really a portal but a HS decommit at this point falls into same recruiting season. Gophers offered this gal so I'd guess they would be in contact with her? Don't know when, might have been previous staff. She is ESPN's #67 for the 2024 class.

Or she's just flipping to Virginia Tech with her old coach. Probably what senior Liza Karlen from Stillwater is doing?

Last edited:

Not really a portal but a HS decommit at this point falls into same recruiting season. Gophers offered this gal so I'd guess they would be in contact with her? Don't know when, might have been previous staff. She is ESPN's #67 for the 2024 class.

Or she's just flipping to Virginia Tech with her old coach. Probably what senior Liza Karlen from Stillwater is doing?

Coach P loves Wisconsin kids! This would be a nice get. Interested to see who is leaving for the Gophers. I believe it will only be bench kids who do not play a lot. Minnesota could be a lot closer than Va Tech.

Coach P loves Wisconsin kids! This would be a nice get. Interested to see who is leaving for the Gophers. I believe it will only be bench kids who do not play a lot. Minnesota could be a lot closer than Va Tech.
I believe Dalan will hit the portal. Maybe Madol! That's my guess! Players coming in will have to work very hard for Playing time!

I believe Dalan will hit the portal. Maybe Madol! That's my guess! Players coming in will have to work very hard for Playing time!
Incoming players will need to earn their time. But I believe Coach P and the current starters would love for them to prove worthy so the current starters don't have to play 38+ minutes a game again next year.

Michigan’s Taylor Woodson (Hopkins) is in the portal!

Hmmm. When Olivia Olson committed to Michigan, one of the things she mentioned was that her best friend, Taylor Woodson, was on the team.

Would love to see Taylor here…
was she considering MN at all? There's a few others I'd like first, but again all will depend on how many enter portal. Coach P will make sure she has a bench next year!

Buckeye fans are projecting after Grace VanLooten enters portal

EUGENE, Ore. — Toledo native Grace VanSlooten announced Wednesday that she has entered the transfer portal after two seasons at the University of Oregon.
Last season, the 6-foot-3 forward averaged 15.0 points, 7.1 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game. She earned All-Pac-12 honorable mention for the 2023-24 season as a sophomore.

VanSlooten was a star basketball player at Notre Dame Academy for three seasons before spending her senior year of high school at IMG Academy in Florida.
She was the No. 13 overall player in the class of 2022 and rated a five-star prospect, according to ESPN. VanSlooten was also named a 2022 McDonald's All-American.

Buckeye fans are projecting after Grace VanLooten enters portal
Probably going to LSU in replace of Angel Reese or something...just like Hailey Van Lith. Ugh..part I don't like about the portal is place for the Rich to get richer quickly. She would be an excellent addition to help take the Gophers to next level. Lot of players in place who now start to become veterans

Elle Evans, the really good player from NDSU, has entered the portal. Listed as 6’3” on their roster. I suppose with Heaven Hamling graduating, there’s not going to be much left on that team.
Elle Evans is awesome! Exactly the type of post player in the 4 or 5 spot Gophers need depth at. Very athletic for a player of her height. Smooth shot. She would fit in well with this group of Gophers.

Or make a bigger deal of ones that don't find a school or downgrade their minutes each year to persuade the players who should be happy where they are
Kind of depressing reading all these posts. Need to go back to sitting out a year or something.

Jordy Griggs was a 2023 4 star prospect just out of the top 100. Lots of players jumping in to the portal.

Kind of depressing reading all these posts. Need to go back to sitting out a year or something.
Yeah its hard. You hear the arguments that if coaches can take new jobs and bail at anytime then why can't a player do the same. If I am not an athlete I can transfer to different colleges at anytime, so why can't I if I am an athlete? Maybe something in life has changed, maybe academics are not the same, maybe I am looking for a different opportunity to help me for my future. Lot of things can factor into a move. It is tough for all and a lot more for coaches to manage. There maybe tough losses, but there maybe fun gains!

I am really hoping and proud of the women who are working to bring MN back to NCAA team, and hopefully make a run to go a little deeper. With the way the transfers go, teams do have the ability to stack up talent, which makes it tough. Be interesting if there are some wanting to help and transfer in if current players be willing to maybe play 5 less minutes or so to help the TEAM, if they would or would they get discouraged and transfer out instead of using it as another year of developing before being really ready junior and senior years.

First lets win this WNIT on Saturday! Rah!

Wondering if Gophers will take another run at recruiting Kayl Peterson from class of 2024?

Hmmm. When Olivia Olson committed to Michigan, one of the things she mentioned was that her best friend, Taylor Woodson, was on the team.
If Woodson were to come to MN would Olivia Olson opt to reopen her recruiting to possibly come to MN as well?

Elle Evans is awesome! Exactly the type of post player in the 4 or 5 spot Gophers need depth at. Very athletic for a player of her height. Smooth shot. She would fit in well with this group of Gophers.
THIS GIRL IS A ROCK STAR P5 WBB player

her length and quickness is Unicorn Like for a WBB player. And she’s #4 in nation for 3 pointers

Elle and Mara would be incredible and the best looking quo in the country now that the Cavinder twins are gone. Lol

Top Bottom