Tracy MN OL Tony Nelson commits

Big frame. All around athlete. Loves the Gophers. Wonderful ... welcome young man! If he keeps his speed as he puts on weight, and he has the hands of a BB Center, position flexibility? OT or TE depending on team needs?

This is the type of signing you see Wisconsin get and turn into a perennial all Big Ten tackle. Smaller town big, athletic kid who you can mold into a ball player. Very excited to see how he does and very excited with the class so far, every guy is all-in.
Maybe 10 years ago.

riley Mahlman was like the 4-5th best lineman they signed last year

Can this thread please get to the important topic.

Will he be better than Tommy Olson?
😎😎😎

How did Quinn Carroll and Bryce Benhart do in the Covid Season? Did they play to their 4-Star ratings?

Injuries are a big concern. It takes two or more years before you see these kids develop into Big Ten caliber OL.

We are still waiting for the next Paul Bunyan to come out of Bemidji or the Northwoods.

Given all our O-line injuries over the past few years I love it that we keep loading up @ this position.

I've always thought you should try to get at least 3 and hopefully 4 in every class. The O-line seems to be one unit where PWOs can end up contributing, but I agree that you always need O-line depth.

I've always thought you should try to get at least 3 and hopefully 4 in every class. The O-line seems to be one unit where PWOs can end up contributing, but I agree that you always need O-line depth.
That's the formula at Iowa and Wisky. Seems like it's a winning concept.

Of all the positions, OL is the one I worry least about the rankings. Now that is not to say I wouldn't be thrilled to land a top ranked O-Line prospect, but there is so much development that goes on with those guys once they get to college.

I look at the Mason years where we rarely brought in a highly regarded offensive lineman but year after year had a really strong Line.
The Mason years were 15 years ago. That really has nothing to do with Nelson committing to us in 2021.

Top Bottom