Top 5 MN Teams you root for

1. Gopher FB
2. Gopher BB
3. Gopher Hockey
4. Vikings
5. Wolves

Used to be a huge twins fan, but the greed of baseball really turned me off especially marginal players like punto making $4 million a year.

MN teams

1 Gopher BK
2 Gopher FB
3 Twins
4 Vikings
5 MSU-MN hockey

1. Tie between Gopher Hoops and Football
3. Twins
4. Wolves
5. Gopher Hockey

Barely pay any attention to the rest.

1. Gopher Basketball
2. Gopher Football
3. Vikings- Arguably were tied for 1st prior to the original Moss trade. I have not liked the direction of the franchise for a long time, though if Dennis Green had the Wilf's money to play with, we'd have had a Super Bowl champion (or two) in the late 90's- early 00's.
4. Timberwolves- I just love basketball, but I grew up a Lakers fan (started before Wolves existed). Don't feel as connected to the Kobe/Phil Lakers and actually rooted for KG to get his ring over them.
5. Twins- Grew up a Cubs fan, but all relatives are Twins fans and like the Wolves were always my no.2 team. Baseball probably my least favorite sport of the Big 3.
6. Gopher Hockey- I know very little about the sport, but watched them win the NCAA's with Vanek (I believe). I like seeing the Gophers win, so I am always going to be in to a championship Gopher Team.
7. Gopher Volleyball- non results oriented reasons. Ok that's not entirely true, similar to Gopher Hockey, they win and I appreciate that.
8. Gopher Wrestling- For beating Iowa at the their own game a few times and winning a National Title (maybe this should be higher in my fandom list?)

1 - Vikes
2 - Twins
3 - Gopher Hockey (partial season tix)
4 - Gopher Football (season tix)
5 - Gopher BB

I plan time to watch the Vikings. Baseball is what I played growing up and what my son excels at.

NASCAR is actually my favorite sport, but I am a diehard Minnesota sports fan through the thick and thin for all sports. If I have to rank the order of the teams, this would be it.

1. Vikings
2. Gophers hoops
3. Twins
4. Gophers football
5. Gophers hockey

This is probably the same order it has been since I dropped the North Stars off of the number 5 spot when they moved. If Gopher football had some success, I could possibly put them up to 3rd.

Interesting, I was post #67 & I don't see anyone with the same #1-2 that I have in Vikings, Gophers hoops.

1: Gopher Football
2: Gophers Basketball
3: Vikings
4: Gophers "other sports"
5: Bemidji State sports
5a: Twins

I'm fudging a bit by lumping the Gophers other sports into one category, and lumping all of Bemidji State's into one. But it's my list. I watched Gophers VB on TV a couple days ago. It was an exiting match, but it wouldn't have interested me at all if it wasn't the Gophers.

The title of the thread is a little needlessly specific, since there are only 5 MN teams worth rooting for. My rooting interest changes according to the season, and right now would be:

1. Gophers BB
2. Gophers FB
3. Timberwolves
4. Twins
5. Vikings (I've completely checked out on caring about this team until the new administration is in place. I'll still watch, but I won't care about the outcome.)

If you were to take a "cumulative daily average" to determine my overall fanhood, it would be:

1. Gophers FB
1a. Vikings
3. Twins
4. Gophers BB
5. Timberwolves

1. Vikings
2. Gopher Football
3. Gopher B-ball
4. Twins

5. T-Wolves

Mine varies from year to year:

normally:

#1-Vikings
#2-Twins
#3- Gopher Wrestling
#4- Gopher BB
#5- Gopher FB

Currently:
#1-Gopher BB
#2-Gopher Wrestling
#2-Timberwolves
#3-Vikings
#4-Twins

1. Minnesota Vikings

2. Minnesota Twins

4. Gophers Football

3. St. Thomas Univ. Football/Gopher MBB

5. UMD Football

1. Gopher Basketball and Football (tied)
3. Twins
4. Vikings
5. T-Wolves

I'm a Browns, Cavs, Indians fan in the pro's, but when it comes to college I follow everything Gophers through Big Ten Network, and online. Last year I enjoyed watching the volley ball run that our lady's had. My favorite time last year actually being a Gopher fan was the last 1 and half months of the baseball season. I ordered my Big Ten baseball title baseball shirt the day they were on sale online and got it shipped to Ohio in time for the Big Ten tournament final days to wear up to c-bus. I even check in on tennis and whatever is going on, I'm a fan of all the student athletes that put on a Gophers uniform.
Ps..Still fired up about last night, my fiance is worried about how I was pacing during the game with it only being the second week of the season :D.

1. Gopher hockey
2. Gopher football
3. Gopher BB
4. High school hockey
5. Twinkies

1 and 2 are a tie basically. The twins are one more painful playoff appearance away from being dropped completely.

1T - Gopher BB
1T - Twins
The best part of this is that these two teams don't compete for my time and attention so I can be completely devoted to both - filling pretty much the entire year with interest - and that leaves little time for the rest of the list of options. The biggest difference between these two teams and the rest of the field is: 1) I have season tickets to both and 2) I still like both of these teams and programs and am a fan even on a bad year.

3 - Gopher hockey
4 - Gopher Football
5 - Vikings

1. Gopher BB
2. Gopher Cheerleaders (women)
3. Any team that fires Tim Brewster
4. Twins
5. Gopher Danceline
6. Edina Hornets Hockey

5. Vikings (I've completely checked out on caring about this team until the new administration is in place. I'll still watch, but I won't care about the outcome.)

I'm starting to get this way about the vikings too. lik screw pro sports. College all the way!

Top Bottom