5. Gopher Hockey

Wild somewhere in the mix
Not really an NBA fan, but would hate to see the Wolves ever leave MN

1. Gophers BB
2. Gophers BB
3. Gophers BB
4. Twins
5. Wild

The Vikings used to be on my list, but the 49-0 blowout against the Giants in the 2000 playoffs made me into a Vikings-hater. With the Twins pathetic playoff showings for the past 6-7 years, they are now working their way off my list as well. Gopher BB is the only team that I will never write-off.

1. Gopher hockey
2. Gopher football
3. Twins
4. Gopher B-ball
5. Vikings

1. Gopher Basketball far and away the best
2. Twins-such nice guys, what's not to like
3. Gopher Football
4. Gopher Hockey-student during Herbie's days, great times
5. Vikings

Gopher Basketball
Twins
Vikings
Timberwolves
Gopher Football

Is there a better run pro franchise or college program in MN than the Twins? I say no.

1. Gophers Men's Basketball
2. Twins
3. Vikings
4. Timberpups
5. Gophers Hockey

I am from wisconsin originally. Hear are my top five teams

Packers
Gopher BB
Twins
Gopher FB (wish they were higher and they were originally, but the constant losing!)
Timberwolves

Dont really care about Hockey, though I'd like to see both teams do good.

HATE the Queens.

Is there a better run pro franchise or college program in MN than the Twins? I say no.

+1 Just think if Bud Selig had his way and the Twins were contracted out of existence. I don't think he gets enough heat for this move - makes me mad every time I see his picture.

1. Gopher Hoops
2. Twins
3. Gopher Football
4. Saint John's Football
5. Vikings

The Vikings used to be on my list, but the 49-0 blowout against the Giants in the 2000 playoffs made me into a Vikings-hater.

It must have really been traumatizing to you, considering the original score of 41-0 has gotten perpetually worse for you by the year, now losing 49-0. :)

Nope. They've figured out their way of doing things the right way, and have stuck to it with great success over the last decade. Further, from a marketing and public relations standpoint, they blow everyone out of the water. (Case in point...a full-page ad on Saturday in both newspapers congratulating Gardy on the manager of the year award, along with similar ads every year thanking fans. I don't see any other team doing that.) I always hear about this being a Vikings state, but very rarely do you talk to someone in Minnesota who's not a Twins fan. Most everyone follows them, at least passively, which is why I've contended that the Twins are the most popular team in town over the course of the long haul.

This explains quite a bit.

What are your top five Wisconsin teams?

I just cant stand the Vikes or Wolves, and the Gophs FB team has really been a non factor all of my life, save for a couple decent seasons under Mason.

Wisconsin Teams since you asked:

Badger FB
Brewers
Bucks
Packers
Badger BB

1. Twins
2. Gophers Football
3. Gophers Hoops
4. Vikings
5. Gophers Baseball

1. Gopher basketball
2. Twins
3. Vikings
4. Gopher football (wish they were better)
5. Timberwolves (see above)

1. Gopher men bball
2. Gopher women bball
3. Twins
4. Lynx
5. Gopher football

I too was born in Wisconsin so my sports hierarchy goes like this...

1. Gophers Football/Gophers Basketball (honestly can't separate the two)
2. Twins Baseball
3. Packers Football
4. Bayern Munich Soccer

HUGE GAP

5. Gophers hockey
6. Gophers baseball
7. Gophers Olympic sports
8. Wild Hockey
9. Timberwolves Basketball

MN teams I root for:

1. Gopher BB
2. Gopher FB
3. Gopher Hockey
4. Twins
5. Against Wisco & Hawkeyes

Scale of 1-100

1. Twins 100
2. Vikings 98
3. Gopher BB 97
4. Gopher football 90
5. T-Wolves 70
6. Wild 60
7. Other Gopher sports, mainly Women's hoops. 50

1. Twins
2. Gophers Football
3. Gophers Men's Basketball
4. Gophers Men's Hockey
5. Vikings

Picking the top 4 was easy. After that, it is a long drop to #5, with the Wolves, Wild, Saints, and Gophers Baseball close behind.

1. Gopher Basketball
2. Twins
3. Gopher Football
4. Gopher Hockey
5. Vikings

Top 3 are very close - maybe even interchangeable depending on the season. Big drop to 4 and even bigger drop to 5

1. Twins
2. Gophers BB
3. Twins
4. Gophers BB
5. Vikings

1. Gopher Football
2. Gopher Hockey
3. Twins
4. Gopher Basketball
5. Gopher baseball

Not a pro sports guy but the Twins i love.

1. Gophers BB
2. Gophers BB
3. Gophers BB
4. Twins
5. Wild

The Vikings used to be on my list, but the 49-0 blowout against the Giants in the 2000 playoffs made me into a Vikings-hater. With the Twins pathetic playoff showings for the past 6-7 years, they are now working their way off my list as well. Gopher BB is the only team that I will never write-off.

To each his own, but that's two people now who've said ' I was a Vikings fan until they lost game X in horrible fashion. I don't get that. First, rooting for a team means enduring those games. Second and most relevant here, Gopher football fans have been through this more then any group on earth. Those two (now three) Vikings Championship game losses should have been nothing for us Gopher Football fans. :cry:

Which ever bandwagon is more trendy. Have to say since my wife is such a Twin's fan they have moved up the list.

1. The Referees
2. Gopher Football
3. Twins
4. Vikings
5. Gopher Basketball

Gopher Football
Gopher BB
Timberwolves

That's enough for me

Top Bottom