Tomorrow game is a pivitol one

akoch6767

Reaction score
Road wins are always a key factor for a team like Minnesota who is on the bubble at the moment... Tomorrow at Ohio State could ultimately decide their fate. I think it is a must win at this point. Beating a ranked team on the road is something the gophers must accomplish in order to get into the dance, along with beating the cupcake teams in the bigten... though there are very few. Any comments on this would be appreciated...

oh sorry, got my schedule mixed up haha... change that to SUNDAY... thanks maliksealy.

Road wins are always a key factor for a team like Minnesota who is on the bubble at the moment... Tomorrow at Ohio State could ultimately decide their fate. I think it is a must win at this point. Beating a ranked team on the road is something the gophers must accomplish in order to get into the dance, along with beating the cupcake teams in the bigten... though there are very few. Any comments on this would be appreciated...

Sure.. my comments:

+ Pivitol is not a word. Pivotal is a word.
+ Minnesota is not on the bubble "at the moment". If the season ended today they would be out.
+ "Tomorrow" (Sunday) is not a must win.
+ Beating a ranked team on the road is not something the Gophers must accomplish in order to get into the dance.

Penn state had 22 wins last year and failed to get in... with losses to portland and miami... I think the commitee will look at our quality wins and really only c butler at the moment...which really isn't all that great... I believe we almost have to beat maybe 1 or 2 more ranked teams on the road.... and take care of the big wins at home... probably lose to purdue tho at home and wisconsin on the road.

Sure.. my comments:

+ Minnesota is not on the bubble "at the moment". If the season ended today they would be out.
+ Beating a ranked team on the road is not something the Gophers must accomplish in order to get into the dance.

You seem nice.

Akoch, you are exactly right. Sunday is a must win. We have to beat a ranked team to get looked at for the NCAA tourny. Gopher Warrior just got beat up by his girlfriend again, so he is bitter, don't take it personally. You make a good point.

Sorry... a little grumpy right now. Maybe I will pass on telling the guy the reason why we won't be losing to Wisconsin on the road this year.

I have half price tickets to that game if anybody wants them.

Wisconsin is very tough this year...beating Duke at home...purdue...almost knocking off purdue on the road last night... with the gophers inability to score on the road...and their dumb mistakes.. I don't c them even really making it much of game... I'd say a 10 to 15 point loss...but I do hope that we beat them haha...and everyone has their grumpy days... I follow the NCAA very closely and I know what the NCAA commitee is looking for... and when it comes to teams on the outside looking in... they look for quality wins vs ranked opponents not only at home... but especially on the road.

It is a must win to even think about the tournament so based on Tubby's track record I am sure he will have the team ready to perform as needed.

You just dont win road games such as this

Unless you are on another planet talent wise--as we were in 98--you chalk it up as a loss. Its just the way life is.

Agreed kindofgreen... but they always come out with poor shooting...the defense is always solid...but man they gotta hit their shots.

not at Wiscy

we only play Wiscy at the Barn this year, no game at Madison

probably lose to purdue tho at home and wisconsin on the road

Maybe I will pass on telling the guy the reason why we won't be losing to Wisconsin on the road this year.

I bet Wisconsin doesn't even show up for that game.

Illinois is a different story. No way they beat us at the Barn this year!!! You can take it to the bank!!! (oh wait that's football... they couldn't beat us at the bank either...)

Your comments continue to get harsher.

Sure.. my comments:

We'll beat illinois at home i think...first one to 50 will win that game... and now i understand your point about not having to lose to wisconsin on the road..we don't play them on the road this year.. sorry it's been a long agonizing day at classes for me haha... im a little off tune tonight.

We'll beat illinois at home i think...first one to 50 will win that game.

Friendly message board tip of the day for you akoch - take a peak at the schedule before proclaiming which games the Gophers will and won't win.

Friendly message board tip of the day for you akoch - take a peak at the schedule before proclaiming which games the Gophers will and won't win.

Tj why don't you read the threads up above. Akoch already saw the mistake and announced a correction. Does it make you feel good to kick a guy who already made a correction and realized the minor mistake he made? The guy is new in here and made some good points. Quit gooning it up in here or you will end up like Bronco and only be allowed into prison chat rooms....

Wishing you good luck Sunday. Hope you play as strong at OSU as you did at the Brez! I just wish Nolan was defending Turner. Nolan has the quickest hands in the Big Ten. While this thread suggests that this is a must win game to get invited to the Tourny, I don't agree. It would be a big PLUS if you win, but if you take care of your home dates and win 2 more road wins, then your in, or win a Big Ten Tourny game. ( I hope you'll be at least a 5 seed). Good Luck Sunday.

Wishing you good luck Sunday. Hope you play as strong at OSU as you did at the Brez! I just wish Nolan was defending Turner. Nolan has the quickest hands in the Big Ten. While this thread suggests that this is a must win game to get invited to the Tourny, I don't agree. It would be a big PLUS if you win, but if you take care of your home dates and win 2 more road wins, then your in, or win a Big Ten Tourny game. ( I hope you'll be at least a 5 seed). Good Luck Sunday.

Nolen is over rated. And All our games from here on out are must wins to make the NCAA. You are right we wont win em' all so you have to play like the next game is the most important.

Good posts except for the idiots who don't comment on the actual topic and continue to act as spell checkers and grammer fixers.....these folks continue to major in the minors and do not have enough to do. I think with Royce White in the line up the Gophers win the game by 6 points. I agree, when a team loses to the likes of Portland state and Indiana every game from here on out is a must win because none the remaining are guarantees.

MUST WIN SUNDAY!.....

No doubt Sunday is a must win... If we lose Sunday we fall to 4-5 in the conference...an Illinois loss today vs Indiana could have helped our cause however..seeing as the big ten was expected to have 6 or 7 teams in the tourney...with their last second win it puts us to 6th or 7th in the conference and with michigan sucking it up this year... I only see 4 or 5 teams getting into the dance from the big ten...must win tomorrow. 11-7 is the key record... and probably a win or two in the big ten tourney.

Akoch, you are exactly right. Sunday is a must win. We have to beat a ranked team to get looked at for the NCAA tourny. Gopher Warrior just got beat up by his girlfriend again, so he is bitter, don't take it personally. You make a good point.

Sunday vs OSU is probably our toughest remaining game, therefore it is a must win only if the plan is to go undefeated the rest of the way. The NCAA should be looking at us because we have a win vs a ranked opponent......OSU.

If we get white and mbakwe back I think things will change... It's just going to be hard to find some
wins... We have lost to some shaky teams this year...and the big ten is pretty solid all around...OSU and purdue are probably our toughest remaining games and nothing else is guarenteed.

I think ALL the remaining games are pivotal at this point. The end of the season will
be here before you know it and the Gophers cannot afford any more "Indiana" games.
The Northwestern game was way to close for comfort.
They must now play every single game like they are in a tourney where a loss
will end your season.

Top Bottom