Tommy Olson in the booth for BTN

Power Trip Morning show ---> BTN connection? I believe that Brock Vereen was their weekly guest while he was playing, before a short stint with Mortell, and then Tommy Olson.....who's now just a weekly regular.

I remember a lot of uses of we when talking about the Gophers and quite a bit of filling space with his voice but no meaningful substance. He’s definitely engaged though but needs work

Power Trip Morning show ---> BTN connection? I believe that Brock Vereen was their weekly guest while he was playing, before a short stint with Mortell, and then Tommy Olson.....who's now just a weekly regular.
I think Morrell turned them down.
Cove will sometimes mention something being a “waste or Peter Morrell’s time”.

I imagine Tommy has parlayed his time in the show to quite a few opportunities.

Agree that as a first timer he did okay but needs to work on things. He was no Paul Allen. He leaned toward the Gophers but he wasn't a flat-out homer.
That's okay, I don't enjoy Paul Allen at all.

Young Olson passed the first test, which is to not freeze or be speechless. He can use quite a lot of polishing, but few color guys come along not needing polish.

And I think there's nothing wrong with a homer, long as he's our homer. Now I know what it's like for other schools to have a homer in the both.

Godawful. Giggling buffoon.
Why are you here? Tommy knows more about football than you could absorb with a real, working half-brain, which you are short of. Done with you, clod.

Agree that as a first timer he did okay but needs to work on things. He was no Paul Allen. He leaned toward the Gophers but he wasn't a flat-out homer.

Paul Allen is the Vikings announcer. Tommy O isn’t the Gophers announcer. Major difference.

Paul Allen is the Vikings announcer. Tommy O isn’t the Gophers announcer. Major difference.

Meant to be humorous but if you think that Eastern Michigan viewers, watching a game on the Big Ten Network playing against a Big Ten team, with a first time announcer who just happens to be a Gopher Graduate didn't expect some bias don't know what to tell you.

Joel Klatt wasn't a Nebraska alumni but he made it clear where his prejudices were. If that bothered you then I get your indignation.

Though again, maybe a little displaced.

Godawful. Giggling buffoon.
I was out and about on Saturday, so I only got to hear parts of the game on the radio, but this is pretty much what I assumed it would be based on what I've heard of him on KFAN. Tommy has the mental capacity of a 14 year old it seems.

Why are you here? Tommy knows more about football than you could absorb with a real, working half-brain, which you are short of. Done with you, clod.
Not surprising you'd have the stupidest comment in this thread.

He should have imparted some of that knowledge instead of giggling like a schoolgirl.

Down to earth, relatable in an every man type of way. Amateur. I think most of us would say and do far, far worse. Some of the pros are far worse. Not the same gig but eg I can barely stand to listen to Gaard dominate the conversation on the Pair and a Spare. I have to gut it out. He drowns out Burns, who I find genuinely entertaining.

Between the all time greats and this guy he’s somewhere in the middle.

Yes, he made some mistakes his first time out. It is one thing to learn how to call a game without an audience, but another to broadcast live. It is an art and a challenge. Takes time. If people want to rip on him, and you feel better about it, please do. Everyone is a rookie at some point in their jobs like we all were.

Fake forced smile nonstop. Dude was obviously nervous.

He makes it sound like I’m watching a horse race. Yells too much.
It's a tie between PA and Dave Lee for the worst PbP football announcer I've ever heard.

Top Bottom