To recap, the following 7 Gophers have put their name in the Transfer Portal

Much appreciated, it is getting hard to keep track of.

By my count, we have 3 scholarship players that have not definitively left the roster:

Ihnen
Brandon Johnson
Both Gach
crazy. And Brandon Johnson might move on given he's old. He could be making money in Euro

Yikes. Definitely looking grim for next season. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we landed the transfers we have already, but I'm worried about the step up in competition. None of these guys are coming from teams that were successful, and that worries me a bit.

Any word on if the incoming recruits are staying?

BJ should run an add for potential transfers -

U o M buckets = unlimited minutes (man I wish I knew how to make a cool GIF at this point)

I think someone posted that there are 4500 D1 Basketball players and 1000 are in the transfer portal.

From a percentage perspective we're not doing so hot it looks like.

I think someone posted that there are 4500 D1 Basketball players and 1000 are in the transfer portal.

From a percentage perspective we're not doing so hot it looks like.
The fact that he isn't able to sell his program to any of the players on the roster is not a good sign.

I don't remember when things have ever seemed so dire. Maybe when Clem took over in the wake of the Madison incident?

I don't remember when things have ever seemed so dire. Maybe when Clem took over in the wake of the Madison incident?
Even between Clem and Monson, the remaining players didn't flee like this. Different time and different rules of course.

The fact that he isn't able to sell his program to any of the players on the roster is not a good sign.

I'll say the unpopular opinion. This falls 100% on Ben Johnsons shoulders. I listened to Marcus podcast a few hours ago, he mentioned that BJ has been doing all the recruiting by himself since he doesn't have a staff yet. That was alarming. Unless the people he wants to hire were on Baylor and Gonzagas team, it doesn't make sense.

We’ll see who actually ends up transferring, but it’s a concerning start for Coach. I also think his first two years are particularly crucial given his lack of experience and need to sell recruits on a vision, so he needs to hire a staff and solidify things ASAP.

It's very possible we're going to be very very bad next year.

By my count, we have 3 scholarship players that have not definitively left the roster:

Ihnen
Brandon Johnson
Both Gach
Who are the non scholarship players who are now looking at a chance to play?

So who's left on the team? I know Ihen said he was staying and 1 other person right? Edit, just saw upper post.

So we have 3 players total or 3 scholarship players?

Would you want to play for what amounts to a kid that hasn't been a head coach anywhere? He hasn't even ran a high school program.

As I have said 100 times, this is a HUGE reach hiring him. We don't even know if he would be a good coach for Cretin Derham Hall.

As always, the U of M is the laughinstock of the Big Ten. When will those in charge figure it out. Hire strong coaches, quit with the PC culture, BACK your athletics programs.

Until these things happen, we will always be a bottom of the barrel Big Ten location.

So who's left on the team? I know Ihen said he was staying and 1 other person right? Edit, just saw upper post.

So we have 3 players total or 3 scholarship players?
We have the following:

Ihnen, PF
Gach, SF

Transfers:
Battle, PF/SF
Leowe, PG
Stephens, SG

Possibility:

Johnson, PF - Grad Student who has not stated his intentions

In Portal:

Gabe - WTF?
Robbins
Mitchell
Freeman
Mashburn
Tre
Omersa
Mutaf - Turkish Jordan - think he'd come back with all those available minutes? Lol

Carr - was never coming back anyway.

Considering you have the makings of a second to last place B1G team in the portal.

We really aren't in that bad of shape!

Lots of potential. The NBA would love this team.

We have the following:

Ihnen, PF
Gach, SF

Transfers:
Battle, PF/SF
Leowe, PG
Stephens, SG

Possibility:

Johnson, PF - Grad Student who has not stated his intentions

In Portal:

Gabe - WTF?
Robbins
Mitchell
Freeman
Mashburn
Tre
Omersa
Mutaf - Turkish Jordan - think he'd come back with all those available minutes? Lol

Carr - was never coming back anyway.

Considering you have the makings of a second to last place B1G team in the portal.

We really aren't in that bad of shape!

Lots of potential. The NBA would love this team.
Are the transfers signed, or just saying they're committing to the U?

Top Bottom