Tickets sold for Homecoming vs Ohio?

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
Any early steam from the ticket office on the number of tickets sold for the game this weekend? Doogie (who I know reads this board) vs GopherLady.... race to find the answer if no one else knows. Ready?? Go!!

FWIW: I have put together a simple Google spreadsheet in order to track ticket sales data via the UMN ticket office. I've ignored the lower-level because there are only scattered singles left. As of now there are 1700ish tickets left.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X_yErxB8c2mqf7qpVS6O9q6zsxc5E6aLMHR22Bx3KyY/edit?usp=sharing

The second page on the link is editable, so if anyone wants to update the count of seats available this week feel free. I've locked one of the two tabs and will periodically update the data there.

I've recounted the upper deck of TCF for Saturday's game and there are 1,086 tickets left. Over 600 have sold in the last two days via MyGopherSports if the seating chart is any indication. A spreadsheet that reflects this data can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X_yErxB8c2mqf7qpVS6O9q6zsxc5E6aLMHR22Bx3KyY/edit?usp=sharing

Worth noting however: it appears the ticket office released 100ish seats in Section 231 sometime between Sunday night and now, so they may be holding additional seats back for whatever reason. There is a decent chance the U releases more seats. Perhaps Marcus Fuller, Doogie, or GopherLady can check with the ticket office to see what the official number of "tickets distributed" is.

More data: 202 have sold via Stubhub between 7 PM Monday night and now (29 hours later)... a huge sales rate given the game is five days away.

Finally, the student section is already sold out and students are clamoring for tickets because it's the homecoming game and they want to party like Vodka Samm.

TL;DR... the game is going to sellout or be darn close. And a little subjective analysis: ticket prices are going to start rising later this week, partially thanks to the 2:30 PM start and perfect weather. Buy your tix now before the prices go up.

If this is true, the fact that we are even thinking of a sell out for a homecoming game vs Ohio University tells you the tide is changing for gopher football. It wasn't long ago when everyone was complaining about the student section not even full at 5000 tickets and the stadium being a quarter full at game start time. Despite all the little issues with the team, they are winning, the fans (particularly the students) seem to be having a blast, and a great atmosphere is being built at TCF Bank Stadium.

If this is true, the fact that we are even thinking of a sell out for a homecoming game vs Ohio University tells you the tide is changing for gopher football. It wasn't long ago when everyone was complaining about the student section not even full at 5000 tickets and the stadium being a quarter full at game start time. Despite all the little issues with the team, they are winning, the fans (particularly the students) seem to be having a blast, and a great atmosphere is being built at TCF Bank Stadium.

100% agree. I haven't seen anyone touch on it on this board, but attendance for an 11 AM game vs KENT STATE game coming off an ugly game at CSU was 52,823... a huge number for a non-conference 11 AM "cream puff" game.

Given the Vikings expansion, the big crowds so far, and the fact that our Big 10 schedule is loaded with marquee games (Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin), I think there's a possibility that the 2009 attendance numbers are exceeded this year.

This is my 3rd season here as a student and I really noticed a difference during the Kent State game. In prior years, the non-conference games were filled with no-shows, but the student section was much larger than I anticipated last Ssaturday. I know the opener vs TCU really got people excited and caused many students to opt for the season ticket package

Any early steam from the ticket office on the number of tickets sold for the game this weekend? Doogie (who I know reads this board) vs GopherLady.... race to find the answer if no one else knows. Ready?? Go!!

Sorry, I'm out on this one. Last week - they gave me a vague answer, and made it clear they didn't really want to release those numbers. I'm not going to push on this. I think it will be a good turnout!

I know the student section is sold out as there are no single game tickets or guest passes available.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there fewer Season Tix sold this year?

Those that dropped tickets likely bought single game tickets and bundled them with the non-conference. It looks like the price hike is benefiting ticket sales this year. We'll see what happens next year when fewer big names come to town.

I dropped two season tickets and bought four tickets to two games.

The Jerrysota student tailgate lot has been a riot both games so far. Tons of students, free live concert, Target has a free foodtruck and other free food, free tee shirts each game and other free apparel (1st game was gopher sunglasses, 2nd game was a somewhat stupid gopher helmet). They have certainly put a lot of work into the student tailgate experience and it seems to be paying off. The free tickets to every freshman for TCU definitely helped as well. Out of the 5,000 free tickets to each freshman Im sure at least 100 bought a season ticket that hadn't planned to before experiencing that first game.

I'm a part of the "Gopher Ticket Exchange" Facebook group where current and former students can buy and sell tickets from each other. The site has had more traffic this week than I can ever remember. And student tickets are selling for $45 or more each (face value of $15). Great to see the level of student support considering you could hardly give a student ticket away to someone when I was at the U!

I'm a part of the "Gopher Ticket Exchange" Facebook group where current and former students can buy and sell tickets from each other. The site has had more traffic this week than I can ever remember. And student tickets are selling for $45 or more each (face value of $15). Great to see the level of student support considering you could hardly give a student ticket away to someone when I was at the U!

I have a hard time believing that anyone is paying $45 for a student tix. I ate two great seat back chairs at that last game despite trying to sell them for $20 on craigslist and offering $10 for them at the game. Don't get me wrong, the student section has been great and I hope continues but there is no way student tix are selling consistently at $45 for these non-conference games.

I have a hard time believing that anyone is paying $45 for a student tix. I ate two great seat back chairs at that last game despite trying to sell them for $20 on craigslist and offering $10 for them at the game. Don't get me wrong, the student section has been great and I hope continues but there is no way student tix are selling consistently at $45 for these non-conference games.

While $45 may be slightly more than what people are paying, I can verify that tickets are extremely hard to find this week and demand is through the roof.

Like I mentioned above, it's Homecoming and people want to party like Vodka Samm.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443028453.260507.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1443028470.363763.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I've got some extra seats for sale in sect 233. Maybe I should post those in the student group :)

For this game and the season opener when it was sold out, tickets in the student section were definitely selling for $30-40 per ticket. Don't underestimate students wanting to be in that section and not others. Many will buy other cheap tickets to just try and get into there.

Yep, $40 to $45 seems to be the going rate on the site today. To be fair, homecoming is probably in a lot higher demand ticket than Kent State, especially for recent alumni who want to come back for a game.

test.JPG

I expect the demand to be high for Michgian and Wisconsin as well. But yeah, selling quickly on the website and students looking to sell could make a killing

While $45 may be slightly more than what people are paying, I can verify that tickets are extremely hard to find this week and demand is through the roof.

Like I mentioned above, it's Homecoming and people want to party like Vodka Samm.

View attachment 3816View attachment 3817

Well when you put it that way, I can see why!

The Jerrysota student tailgate lot has been a riot both games so far. Tons of students, free live concert, Target has a free foodtruck and other free food, free tee shirts each game and other free apparel (1st game was gopher sunglasses, 2nd game was a somewhat stupid gopher helmet). They have certainly put a lot of work into the student tailgate experience and it seems to be paying off. The free tickets to every freshman for TCU definitely helped as well. Out of the 5,000 free tickets to each freshman Im sure at least 100 bought a season ticket that hadn't planned to before experiencing that first game.

Could someone please remind me which lot is the student lot?

If you're looking at the student section in the stadium....back and to their left outside the stadium.

Correct, it is just northeast of the stadium. Just north of the lite rail station outside gate C.

260 still available in outdoor club

FWIW: I have put together a simple Google spreadsheet in order to track ticket sales data via the UMN ticket office. I've ignored the lower-level because there are only scattered singles left. As of now there are 1700ish tickets left.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X_yErxB8c2mqf7qpVS6O9q6zsxc5E6aLMHR22Bx3KyY/edit?usp=sharing

The second page on the link is editable, so if anyone wants to update the count of seats available this week feel free. I've locked one of the two tabs and will periodically update the data there.

your table doesnt show outdoor clubs...one of the most available areas left with 260 or so as of wed at 2:30 pm....but interesting to see your table and how fast remaining seats are going...this will sell out based on the pace shown....assuming, like you mention U doesn't have some more to release

Tickets in the student section going for over $50 in the same group. Parking pass listed for $100 when the whole season was $50.

FYI: Outdoor Club prices "slashed" down to $129 for Saturday. Less than 400 regular tix left online.

Can't embed, on my phone: 52K+ "distributed" according to Doogie.

https://twitter.com/dwolfsonkstp/status/646777411422425089

On the topic of the "Distributed" terminology... I think Jerry and the Gophers are getting Minnesota HS football teams/coaches involved by giving them tickets. Last game it looked like there were a few football teams up above the student section and I was just talking to my mom who is a teacher at a school in Southeast MN and she mentioned that the coaches were talking about who was going to take the "Coaches tickets" this week. Take that for what it is, but it could be possible that this is one way Jerry is reaching out and building the relationships with the coaches in the state and thus the tickets are distributed and not sold.
Butts in seats are what matters and if there are only 400 tickets left online that is pretty amazing! Can't wait for Saturday.

Sorry, I'm out on this one. Last week - they gave me a vague answer, and made it clear they didn't really want to release those numbers. I'm not going to push on this. I think it will be a good turnout!

Thanks GL - I think it also should be a good turnout. The weather should be excellent but I am basing my prediction on my purchase of a two pack for a friend after they became available. I was able to get great seats for the Michigan game but for the homecoming game the choices were not great, unless you like being really high up (Three rows from the top).

damn near sold out

Thanks GL - I think it also should be a good turnout. The weather should be excellent but I am basing my prediction on my purchase of a two pack for a friend after they became available. I was able to get great seats for the Michigan game but for the homecoming game the choices were not great, unless you like being really high up (Three rows from the top).

Only about 140 non-singles left in the upper corners sections of 201, 202, 219, 220 and 231. Those should sell out by tomorrow noon or sooner.

Still about 240 in the outdoor club. As noted above, the U cut those prices to $125. Still have all day tomorrow and a good amount of walk-up window time on Saturday to get those sold.

Wonder if they will sell standing room again?

Top Bottom