Thoughts - Do we think we will be pulling out tricks from our playbook to

It' s in the terms of service

Most bowl games just write it right in the manual. Each team must attempt a flea flicker or trick play for entertainment value. Failure to do so results in forfeiture of their received "goodie" bags. Towards the end of the game you always see some guy in a festive sport coat on the sidelines. His job is either to release the team's obligation or explain that "bowl agents" are poised with master keys to confiscate their gifts per terms of service for failure to attempt their pre-approved secret trick play. This is not often revealed but just a behind the scenes insiders nugget I thought I'd share.

So ya, each team will have at least one trick play. Often it is executed in the first half so the coach can inform the players and relax them at half time by assuring them he has clearance the goodie bags are safe and secured. When this happens the festive sport coat guy still appears but only to smile and show off.

Watch for it.

I am anticipating much smoke and mirrors. Coach Kill reminds me of The great wizards of ages past. I look for him to conjur more than a few tricks.

Top Bottom