Thoughts - Do we think we will be pulling out tricks from our playbook to

GophersWin!

Reaction score
keep this very good defense off rythem... I am really excited for this game, we will need to bring our "A" game both on offense and defense.

questions :
- will jet sweeps work with there quickness ?
- Play action needs to be perfect
-crowd - cant wait to see how many goph fans are in that stadium

thoughts ?

I think going into the Wisconsin game Kill or Limegrover said they have already let everything out of the tank throughout the Big Ten season and don't have any thing special that we haven't seen yet in the playbook. Something along those lines.

I heard they plan to pull the redshirt on this kid. He's a little undersized but should do well at this level.

bq7xw.gif

keep this very good defense off rythem... I am really excited for this game, we will need to bring our "A" game both on offense and defense.

questions :
- will jet sweeps work with there quickness ?
- Play action needs to be perfect
-crowd - cant wait to see how many goph fans are in that stadium

thoughts ?

boy your smart kid !! did you need some encouragement this morning skippy.. you are so smart !

This would have made a great poal?

I am anticipating some Wildcat with Streveler mixed into the plan.

The best way to keep their defense off balance is to complete some passes early. That in a way, would also qualify as a trick play.

The best way to keep their defense off balance is to complete some passes early. That in a way, would also qualify as a trick play.

Totally agree.
Totally agree with strevlar on occasion also.

Hey - the flee-flicker is my bit. Stay off my lawn.

I will never forget i think is was cupito's first game and the first play was a flee flicker for a long reception or touchdown, that part i cant remember, i believe it was against Toledo ..

I will never forget i think is was cupito's first game and the first play was a flee flicker for a long reception or touchdown, that part i cant remember, i believe it was against Toledo ..

We ran a flee flicker on the first play against Indiana last year. It didn't go for a TD but was a long gain.

We don't need no damned trick plays. Pound 'em with the power game and win.

Could pull the old lineman eligible like we did against Nebraska last year out of the blue

I hope we don't pull out the "Flee Flicker." Surely, Mizzu would easily see us fleeing on the flicker. I think we would have more success if we pulled the old Flea Flicker. It's a very small and not easily seen play by opponents. That way, we would be able to use our bodies to pierce and draw blood against the Tigers.

Wait, what!? You will never forget, but you're not quite sure if it was Cupito's first game and first play and you can't quite recall if it was Toledo. Thanks for making me smile.

Wait, what!? You will never forget, but you're not quite sure if it was Cupito's first game and first play and you can't quite recall if it was Toledo. Thanks for making me smile.

Tiny, isn't amazing how some people never forget something, but don't remember any details.

Reminds me of me. :cool02:

I could be wrong, but I think it was in the Ohio State game. The ball was pitched to KJ May and instead of running the jet sweep he was setting up to throw it down the middle to Max Williams. Replay showed both people covering Max bit at the sweep moving off of the coverage. Just as KJ was cocking his arm to make the throw Max slipped and KJ had to pull it down. I expect this play to be run early and if not successful at least it may soften up their run defense.

Top Bottom