This just isn't happening fast enough

Otis

Reaction score
I feel like time has stopped since the last Gopher game and the Lake story of Pitino's alleged departure.

Could we just get on with this please!

Pretty bad by Lake to pretend to be a reporter.
His current standing in my mind is no longer a reputable person and now no more than random guy on twitter

if what he had had legs, it would be confirmed by another source by now

His current standing in my mind is no longer a reputable person and now no more than random guy on twitter

It has legs. I didn't listen to Pitino's show but it sounds like he made it feel like it would take 6 straight wins to save his bacon. This team is not going to win 6 straight games. It sounds like Coyle told Pitino that they need to make the NCAAs or it would be time to move on.

It has legs. I didn't listen to Pitino's show but it sounds like he made it feel like it would take 6 straight wins to save his bacon. This team is not going to win 6 straight games. It sounds like Coyle told Pitino that they need to make the NCAAs or it would be time to move on.
It has legs in that it is going to happen. It doesn’t have legs that it already happened. His tweet said Pitino has been informed he won’t be back

Coyle saying that he won't comment until after the season over, in no way refutes what Lake Tweeted about.

That's just Coyle "playing it straight", as well put by another poster in one of the other threads.

Sheesh

Utterly preposterous, some real black and white thinking.

Utterly preposterous, some real black and white thinking.
He is a “reporter” he said Pitino has already been told.

Has Pitino already been told?
If yes, Lake is the only one who has it.
If no, it’s professionally irresponsible

This. I mentioned the same thing on another thread. Based on his Tuesday show, Pitino needs to win the last 2 games and then 4 games in the Tourney.

He was very very SPECIFIC in saying 6 games.

Maybe he assumed it was on the verge of coming out, and everyone would pick it up.
So he Tweeted about it. You know, Twitter. That thing that isn't a professional platform.

:rolleyes:

Coyle saying that he won't comment until after the season over, in no way refutes what Lake Tweeted about.

That's just Coyle "playing it straight", as well put by another poster in one of the other threads.

Sheesh
Very similar to how the snake dealt with a former head football coach.
Day after the season and the snake fires Pitino.

I think Henry jumped the gun in making a firing sound like a done deal.

Henry probably would have been more accurate to say "Pitino knows him getting fired is a strong, strong possibility."

This. I mentioned the same thing on another thread. Based on his Tuesday show, Pitino needs to win the last 2 games and then 4 games in the Tourney.

He was very very SPECIFIC in saying 6 games.

I didn't take that quote to mean he has to win six games to keep his job. I took his quote was more like "I believe Mark is rooting for me to win the final two games and go win four games at the BTT (meaning he would win it)."

I think he was just proclaiming Coyle is pulling for success, not rooting against it.

I didn't take it to mean he needed to win six games.

If he wins these final two (unlikely) and another one or two in Indy (also unlikely), he is probably in the NCAA Tourney. Would that save his job? Hard to say.

Last edited:

He is not a reporter. He is a radio host who shared some information he has from a source, which is likely very reputable given his connections in the community. Take it for what it is though, a radio host, not a reporter at the Star Tribune or even WCCO Radio who needs to have multiple sources to go with the story.

Henry probably would have been more accurate to say "Pitino knows him getting fired is a strong, strong possibility."

I am sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. Assuming they are going to target active coaches then there is little to nothing to truly gain by firing Pitino now, especially in a COVID year where his continued presence behind the bench isn't leading to fans staying away.

Just let the year play out and I would expect Coyle to pull the trigger shortly after the final game, whenever that ends up being.

Instant gratification............ have a little patience

He is not a reporter. He is a radio host who shared some information he has from a source, which is likely very reputable given his connections in the community. Take it for what it is though, a radio host, not a reporter at the Star Tribune or even WCCO Radio who needs to have multiple sources to go with the story.
A media person reporting an unconfirmed story is irresponsible whether he is a “reporter” or not

he either has it and it is the biggest scoop ever that he should keep talking about

Or he is reporting rumor and it is totally unprofessional

Saying that the conversation has already been had if it hasn’t is a fireable offense for many newsrooms and at least a retraction for all. Apparently not wcco

Unless he is right. If he is right, why aren’t they talking about it?

A media person reporting an unconfirmed story is irresponsible whether he is a “reporter” or not

he either has it and it is the biggest scoop ever that he should keep talking about

Tweeting isn't reporting. Dude, just stop.

But I guess we can't really know if he was right until after the season, right? His tweet said that Pitino was told he won't return but he will coach out the season. So far, none of that has been proven to be incorrect. Just because the Strib won't run with it as fact, doesn't mean it's not.

There's very little chance of this being a false report, especially in light of the believable rumors of Coyle planning to move on from Pitino last year already had it not been for the virus, not to mention the team's late-season collapse and Pitino's poor win-loss record here.

Having watched some Mountain West games this year and other games as well, there's an increasing buzz surrounding Utah State and Craig Smith. I think Coyle knows that, if he wants him, this might be his last chance. At some point a guy wises up after missing multiple opportunities already (Oats, Musselman) and resolves to not let another big one get away.

If Smith is his guy.

The last Smith didn't pan out too well.

But I guess we can't really know if he was right until after the season, right? His tweet said that Pitino was told he won't return but he will coach out the season. So far, none of that has been proven to be incorrect. Just because the Strib won't run with it as fact, doesn't mean it's not.
Wcco, his employer, won’t run it as fact either. What does that tell you

People need to relax.

Lake was probably correct and accurate.
Just because Pitino isn't coming back doesn't mean that he was told he was fired immediately.

He's going to finish the season.
I think we all know that. Only way he wouldn't is if Pitino starts trashing Coyle and the school.

Wcco, his employer, won’t run it as fact either. What does that tell you
tumblr_lr4xb8GQKX1qi2y6ko1_500.gif

I didn't take that quote to mean he has to win six games to keep his job. I took his quote was more like "I believe Mark is rooting for me to win the final two games and go win four games at the BTT (meaning he would win it)."

I think he was just proclaiming Coyle is pulling for success, not rooting against it.

I didn't take it to mean he needed to win six games.
Coule was visibly upset when Claeys won his bowl game, even given what he stated beforehand. I ised to have the pic to prove it. Kaler and Co we’re celebrating and Coyle was visibly disgusted.

People need to relax.

Lake was probably correct and accurate.
Just because Pitino isn't coming back doesn't mean that he was told he was fired immediately.

He's going to finish the season.
I think we all know that. Only way he wouldn't is if Pitino starts trashing Coyle and the school.
If he wasn’t told he was gone at the end of the year, Lake is not correct.

I agree with most of what you said. What you said isn’t what Lake claimed

Top Bottom