This is surreal. Gophers had 5 passes in the 2nd half last night. 5!!!!

How much of this is PJ being PJ, and how much is him realizing AK8 isn’t very good and passing the ball more is just going to lead to bad results?

It’s starting to resemble the Croft year(s) where they threw it only when absolutely necessary (which, to be honest didn’t even occur last night based on the referenced stat).

How much of this is PJ being PJ, and how much is him realizing AK8 isn’t very good and passing the ball more is just going to lead to bad results?

It’s starting to resemble the Croft year(s) where they threw it only when absolutely necessary (which, to be honest didn’t even occur last night based on the referenced stat).
You can’topen up throwing and then claim you’re trying to protect him

I agree with this take

The game was lost already. AK’s confidence can’t get any lower than it already is. Who cares if there’s a risk of more bad things happening? Worse thing that happens is you lose by more than 42.

It seems letting him throw the ball would have made sense to try to build some confidence. Otherwise put someone else in.

The game was lost already. AK’s confidence can’t get any lower than it already is. Who cares if there’s a risk of more bad things happening? Worse thing that happens is you lose by more than 42.

It seems letting him throw the ball would have made sense to try to build some confidence. Otherwise put someone else in.
I’m not sure AK throwing more would have built confidence….

I think Favre was once playing in a game where the Packers were down by something ridiculous (like 28 or so). He threw a deep ball into double coverage and got picked off. Coach said to him "you have to recognize the double coverage and hit your check down receiver." Favre responded "we can't come back from this kind of deficit by checking down." That seems like the right attitude when you are down by a lot. There are no good options, but at least you can give it a whirl and see what happens. Losing by 56 is no worse than losing by 42.

Every team is going to sellout on the run, and try to get as much pressure on AK when we pass.

We need better pass protection to give AK time to think and pass, and we also need to find ways to get AK completions. Should we go air raid? No. But we should pass more so teams can't just pack the box and stop our run game.

Yeah. You call passes and if the QB just holds the ball it doesn’t count as a pass attempt
Is there anywhere that drop backs are counted in addition to actual pass attempts? L

Is there anywhere that drop backs are counted in addition to actual pass attempts? L
Someone would have to go count them. AK had 5 rush attempts.
To my memory none of them were called runs.

Then take him out. Keeping him in and refusing to call a pass play while down big can’t help his confidence either.

I sometimes wonder if Flecks ultra-high self confidence prevents him from understanding the psychology of normal humans. Nothing wrong with acknowledging defeat that day/the player isn’t functional at that point, giving the backup game experience.

Or, maybe it’s solely to avoid QB controversy. That ship has sailed, coach.

Look at the coaches bio's.

I sometimes wonder if Flecks ultra-high self confidence prevents him from understanding the psychology of normal humans. Nothing wrong with acknowledging defeat that day/the player isn’t functional at that point, giving the backup game experience.

Or, maybe it’s solely to avoid QB controversy. That ship has sailed, coach.
To be fair. Whether or not being benched mid 3rd quarter would help AK or not really depends on AKs makeup. Not yours mine or PJs

I would’ve taken him out. But I am not really upset he didn’t. It is what it is (sadly)

If Northwestern, down to us 21 in the 4th Q, had decided to play not to get blown out, we’d be 2-1 in the B1G instead of 1-2. Wish the NWern coaching staff had gotten the memo!
And Northwestern turned around and almost threw it away in the second half to … Howard.

Top Bottom