This guy is spot on

love this podcast, guy does a great job
I enjoy him also. He puts in the effort and it's hard to disagree with this one. I don't listen to all of his, but I don't remember him actually calling out certain situations like he did on this one. Needs to be done. If it changes anything will remain to be seen, but either way, F whyowa!!!

I enjoy him also. He puts in the effort and it's hard to disagree with this one. I don't listen to all of his, but I don't remember him actually calling out certain situations like he did on this one. Needs to be done. If it changes anything will remain to be seen, but either way, F whyowa!!!
Yeah, I like the energy he has too. Enjoyable to listen to.

A 10 year old calling the plays Tecmo Bowl style (4 play playbook) with Michigan's roster would have beaten an all-star staff of the best coaches and coordinators in college football with the Gophers roster.

The dragging recruiting is the issue. I'm more frustrated at how the staff seems to be getting lower recruiting ranks (has dropped from the 20-30 range to the 40-50 range) with more on-field success than I am specific play-calling choices in games.

The Gophers can't be as creative or aggressive because the players aren't good enough to execute them under the pressure of a more talented defense.
Totally agree.

If PJ's coaching leads to 1 year where we are barely bowl eligible, 1 year where we qualify for a CFP, 2 years of 10 win seasons, then bring it on.

We have a new OC and while I was hoping for a smooth transition, it looks like this year will be filled with growing pains. I have no doubt next year will be a challenge to get to 10 wins. However, 2025 could be a special year.

I am not sure if we will end up getting a new OC this year or not, but I have no doubt things will improve in that area.

I just really think people are a bit glib about how much harder the schedule is going to be in the new Big Ten compared to playing in the West.

The West is why PJ has been able to average 8.something wins.

The new BT, have to think the average drops to 6.something.

No way to turn it around outside of an angel investment in NIL or new federal law mandating schools pay players directly so we can use the TV money.

I have never been a huge PJ fan, but to say you are going to run him out after this year is crazy. He hasn't gotten over the hump in any given year, but has been close and had some good years. Look back at WI with Alvarez they had down years in the midst of winning the Big Ten - the key was they won it.

The style of play and recruiting go hand in hand, as well as an opportunity to win something. I think the shine of the "culture" is over seven years in, and you need to show people you will win and develop players. I think there are positions PJ can sell that - defensive back, offensive line, running back. And, there are positions he can't - QB, WR, Dline, etc. For example, I know the parent of a D1 recruit who is a QB and he and his son have no interest in MN because they do not see any value on the development of the QB. They had no interest in WI with the previous staff, but do now.

All that said, if the Big 10 doesn't do something to break up an 18 team league to give people a chance to win a division it is really going to come down to only a handful of teams with a chance to win it: MI, PSU, OSU, USC, and sometimes OR. Then it's everyone else - don't include UCLA and WA in that first list. While WA is having an up year this year they have largely been pretty average. The West at least gave all the teams on this side something to play for which is a help to recruiting.

Washington, it depends who they can bank on for NIL funding. Maybe not Bill Gates, but there’s a lot of tech dudes with money out there. Even non-tech, Boeing, Costco. If they have affinity for Husky Football, that’s all it takes.

Top Bottom