The program is still trending up, but 2022 was a giant missed opportunity

THANK YOU!

Also, a record of 8-5 or 9-4.

If that's a disappointment, we've come a long way as a program.

If the Gophers can pull out the bowl game that will be 29 wins over the past 3 full seasons. 9.7 per year.
Your Minnesota Golden Gophers are now (rounding up to) a 10-win-per-year program.

If the Gophers can pull out the bowl game that will be 29 wins over the past 3 full seasons. 9.7 per year.
Your Minnesota Golden Gophers are now (rounding up to) a 10-win-per-year program.

Yes. And look at the future...

We saw today that Fleck can replace a very successful QB with a young gun who looks extremely promising. The Gopher defense has been outstanding under Fleck and Rossi. Minnesota under Fleck has been very disciplined — among the leaders in fewest penalties per year. The players are outstanding in the classroom and as citizens of the community.

The bitchers can bitch, and the mopes can mope, but I'm very happy with the direction this program is taking.

Purdue just won the west. What they posted couldn't be more true if they tried.

Good grief.

Purdue's win of the West was just as much luck of the draw as anything else. They finished 8-4 just like the Gophers and Illinois.

Purdue winning the West would sting more if they had a remarkable 10-2 season and were clearly an exceptional football team.

Sorry, Purdue winning the West doesn't bother me any more than Northwestern winning the West in the bullshit COVID season. They're still Purdue and their ceiling is still probably 8-9 wins. Brohm is a dipshit chump honestly, I'm glad he'll be there for another couple years.

If we're at the place where:

• Winning roadies vs Michigan State, Nebraska, and Wisconsin all in the same year
  • Retaining the Axe for the first time in almost 30 years
  • Going 3-2 with a freshman QB in Big Ten play
  • Giving up 1 TD per game all year with the starting D
  • Blowing out our opponent by at least 4 TD in half the games

equals a giant missed opportunity...then I think things are in pretty good shape.

When can you start?

Purdue's win of the West was just as much luck of the draw as anything else. They finished 8-4 just like the Gophers and Illinois.

Purdue winning the West would sting more if they had a remarkable 10-2 season and were clearly an exceptional football team.

Sorry, Purdue winning the West doesn't bother me any more than Northwestern winning the West in the bullshit COVID season. They're still Purdue and their ceiling is still probably 8-9 wins. Brohm is a dipshit chump honestly, I'm glad he'll be there for another couple years.
We should have won the west this year. End of story!

Really? They are 6-6. Not one team we beat this year finished the year with a winning record. Not that hard to see.

Glad we beat them, but a program trending up does not throw away wins at home against Purdue and Iowa.

you’re playing them with what their record and or ranking is at the time - you’re simply looking for a way to be a negative twit and pee on a joyous moment - so you do you bro, I don’t waste my time with the likes of you.

Easy to comprehend if you played/understand sports.

Ignore the bore

Last edited:

you’re playing them with what their record and or ranking is at the time - you’re simply looking for a way to be a negative twit and pee on a joyous moment - so you do you bro, I don’t waste my time with the likes of you.

East to comprehend if you played/understand sports.

Ignore the bore
No, you don’t get it. Did we beat anyone with a winning record?

You're kind of a b*tch. Remember when we lost 14 in a row to Becky? I do.
If you saw earlier post I said great to win the game. The question was if the program is trending up. I said no - we’d have to have beaten a team with a winning record to be trending up. That’s it. Pretty simple. Not a bad season. Not a trending up season though either.

Really? They are 6-6. Not one team we beat this year finished the year with a winning record. Not that hard to see.

Glad we beat them, but a program trending up does not throw away wins at home against Purdue and Iowa.
Lighten up, Francis

If you saw earlier post I said great to win the game. The question was if the program is trending up. I said no - we’d have to have beaten a team with a winning record to be trending up. That’s it. Pretty simple. Not a bad season. Not a trending up season though either.

So if Wisconsin wins its bowl game, then we will have beaten a team with a winning record? By your logic, yes.

The Gophers had a good draw as well. Missed the best 2 teams in the B1G. Wisconsin and Illinois both had to play 1 of them. Iowa had to play both.

So if Wisconsin wins its bowl game, then we will have beaten a team with a winning record? By your logic, yes.
At the end of they year yes. Not that hard to understand. No one who beat MSU early when they were ranked 15 is celebrating beating the #15 team in the nation now at the end of they year. They ended up being a bad team. It was a win, but not what they thought it was at the time .

Beating WI is awesome, and at the same time it wasn’t a great season. They can both be true.

I don't have an agenda. We beat Bucky which is awesome, but the year was a disappointment.

Both can be true. And in fact, they are both, true.
Your statement that this team would not have beaten any of those 14 badger teams was, in fact, pure hyperbolic made-up bullshit. That's the only truth

Your statement that this team would not have beaten any of those 14 badger teams was, in fact, pure hyperbolic made-up bullshit. That's the only truth
those were Bucky's dominant years, sir! They were winning rose bowls and dominating people. They weren't this Mertz led 6-6 team.

Have you forgotten what Wisconsin was in those domination years over the gophers?

I do, too. This gopher team would not have beaten any of those 14 in a row badger teams.

This badger team is 6-6

The Gophers didn't have anywhere close to this good of a defense in those 14 years. Name one year that was even close. I'll wait.

The Gophers didn't have anywhere close to this good of a defense in those 14 years. Name one year that was even close. I'll wait.
We went into Wisconsin one of those years, got up 14-3, were driving in for another to up 21-3 and had a horseshit hands to the face call. Eric Murray was a corner on that team. I'd take that defense over this one.

You think this defense would have held those Wisconsin teams? If so, to each their own.

those were Bucky's dominant years, sir! They were winning rose bowls and dominating people. They weren't this Mertz led 6-6 team.

Have you forgotten what Wisconsin was in those domination years over the gophers?

Actually none of those 14 Badger teams won the Rose Bowl.

They had some very good teams during that span (2010, 2011, 2017 & 2019) but none of them won a Rose Bowl.

Losing two of our top rbs to the portal, one of which was arguably our second best playmaker, losing our top wr for most of the year, losing our starting qb for the last third of the year, losing our star rb for the one game we really needed to win…and still being in a position where we can be disappointed? To me that suggests the program is in pretty good condition, the season could’ve gone pear shaped, but instead we came within a couple plays of being 10-2. Sucked to lose to Iowa and Purdue when it felt like we were outplaying them, so that’s disappointing, but I’d rather be disappointed than feeling like we hit our ceiling at 8-4.

Actually none of those 14 Badger teams won the Rose Bowl.

They had some very good teams during that span (2010, 2011, 2017 & 2019) but none of them won a Rose Bowl.
Yep, I looked it up.....they lost all 3 rose bowls during that span. they won a few rose bowls a few years before that.

The Gophers had a good draw as well. Missed the best 2 teams in the B1G. Wisconsin and Illinois both had to play 1 of them. Iowa had to play both.

I meant luck of the draw, figuratively speaking; They finished in a 3-way tie at the top of some teams that were good, not great, and managed to win the tiebreaker.

Yes, they should have beaten Purdue and won the West. Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

I'm happy closing things out at 8-4, beating Wisconsin, and got to see enough of AK to feel fantastic about the future honestly.

Former Gopher Shoobe Timms chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom