The People’s DC options

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Who do people think?

1. Internal? Monroe/Collins
2. Chad Wilt (Indiana) could return.
3. I do see Rutgers guy coming back from East coast

there's the old saying that every coach has a short list of candidates they would call if/when they need to hire a new coordinator or assistant coach.

with all of the recent coaching changes, there are a lot of staffs that are in flux. I don't know if that makes it easier or harder to find a new assistant.

but I would think that Fleck probably wants to fill the position as soon as possible - to try and help with recruiting players in the portal - AND to try and keep the HS recruits on board if possible.
If 2 or 3 HS recruits flip, then the Gophers are really going to need to hit the portal hard.

The reason Winston makes sense is because he's a Fleck guy. He already knows his "shtick" and has bought into it. Young coaches relate better to high school recruits (and college transfers). Plus PJ could use that hire to give himself a little more rope. If things don't turn around quickly next year, he can always reference lack of experience. I know we all hate it, but it works for some coaches.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet on Monroe getting it.

Monroe will call a great bowl game.

Then Fleck will go outside to hire the new DC.

“I like my DC to be the LB coach. Monroe did a great job and deserves the promotion, but I’m going to pass him over anyway” - Fleck

Where have I seen that one before …..

Tyler Santucci - Def Coordinator/Linebackers for Duke. Lots of experience and Duke had some good competition and was solid defensively. Might also have some benefits of recruiting in certain areas with his experience.

Tyler Santucci - Def Coordinator/Linebackers for Duke. Lots of experience and Duke had some good competition and was solid defensively. Might also have some benefits of recruiting in certain areas with his experience.
Sure.

….. why would he come here?

Monroe will call a great bowl game.

Then Fleck will go outside to hire the new DC.

“I like my DC to be the LB coach. Monroe did a great job and deserves the promotion, but I’m going to pass him over anyway” - Fleck

Where have I seen that one before …..
You really need to get over the Simon thing

He is currently the co-OC

He hasn’t moved on to take an OC job somewhere else.

Top Bottom