The origin of "Becky" instead of Bucky.

This whole Ruppert character is a parody, right? Some longstanding joke that everyone is sort of in on cautiously? Or at the very least he's just a normal guy with a quirky sense of humor that likes to make up a persona online for a good chuckle out of others' reactions to it?

I wish I could attribute Ruppert's wild and wacky behavior to some well orchestrated satire of the rabid sports fan. But that wouldn't be giving credit where credit is due. The truth is that Ruppert is quite real and quite legendary. His exploits on Gopher Illustrated have lifted him to iconic status. I haven't posted on GI in a year or two but I have no doubt in my mind that his contributions to the Gopher message board community are still talked about with great reverence. Needless to say, it warms me up inside knowing that Ruppert is still alive and kicking over here.

Rup,
You ever see tea leonni down there in florida?

Sorry but Gopher fans have been referring to them as "Becky" since I can remember and I'm 38. I know Gopher hockey fans were referring to them as "Becky" in the '80s and probably long before that.

I stand corrected.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. My uncle fought in the Battle of the Bulge. I'll will on a GI? I'm as patriotic
as you can get. My good man you have a serious hate problem on the wrong guy. I feel bad for you.

Oops, I meant ill will on a Gopher Illustrated poster who had cancer. You know, the one that got you so riled up on the internet that you told him that you would meet him in the Mall of America parking lot with your 9 iron and that he needed to pack a lunch because it was going to be a long day?

By the way Ruppert, I had the same take to your original story as Go-Gophers.

If I had corrected somebody several times on such a trivial matter and they still continued to get it wrong I would feel sorry for the person and let them go on with their mistake. I might even think they were charmingly dim-witted.

Your problem Ruppert is that you assume everybody is as big of a jerk as you are.

Enjoy the game Saturday.

Oops, I meant ill will on a Gopher Illustrated poster who had cancer. You know, the one that got you so riled up on the internet that you told him that you would meet him in the Mall of America parking lot with your 9 iron and that he needed to pack a lunch because it was going to be a long day?

I'm laughing at this. Great story though.

If I had corrected somebody several times on such a trivial matter and they still continued to get it wrong I would feel sorry for the person and let them go on with their mistake. I might even think they were charmingly dim-witted.

Your problem Ruppert is that you assume everybody is as big of a jerk as you are.

Enjoy the game Saturday.

Do you realize who you are talking to? Show some more respect to the guy who was once given bedroom eyes across the bar by the mom from Jurassic Park 3.

It's possible that you're not as clever as you think you are. Perhaps they are simply nice people who chose to ignore your "whit" rather than deal with an unnecessary confrontation. The annoying part to many isn't that you may be making it up, it's that you think being a total jerk to complete strangers and bragging about it is something that would impress us. I feel sorry that you don't recognize your own ******-baggery.

The problem with being relatively new on GH is that us newbies can't share in the "old stories" from times gone by. However, we are still able to make observations, right? Just this morning I read on GH some pretty harsh criticism of the Badger fans in a different thread. I mean real angry stuff that paints the average Badger fan as mean, pompous, stupid, offensive, rude and aggressive. It's about 8 hours later and now I'm reading about how offended people are by Rupert's silly behavior toward some Becky fans. Had Rupert posted this on the other thread this morning, people would've laughed and given Rupert high fives.

Enjoy the game Saturday.

Nothing is trivial when it comes too rivalries. Now, can you exit left back too Beckyville.

Clown?
Hmmm. I don't remember meeting you with my makeup on, but unregistered user is such a cute name, we may have met before.

Most of my day?
I wish I could have spent most of it here. Such a fun group. But I am really a busy guy.

Ruppert.

I googled Beckyville but I didn't find anything.

Where is it?

The problem with being relatively new on GH is that us newbies can't share in the "old stories" from times gone by. However, we are still able to make observations, right? Just this morning I read on GH some pretty harsh criticism of the Badger fans in a different thread. I mean real angry stuff that paints the average Badger fan as mean, pompous, stupid, offensive, rude and aggressive. It's about 8 hours later and now I'm reading about how offended people are by Rupert's silly behavior toward some Becky fans. Had Rupert posted this on the other thread this morning, people would've laughed and given Rupert high fives.

The old double standard is alive and well on the hole

Ruppert.

I googled Beckyville but I didn't find anything.

Where is it?

I'm sure he would love to meet you in the Mall of America parking lot to show you. Careful, he's a huge advocate of sticking his finger up other peoples' a$$es. No mention of gloves or lube so I can't help you there.

Mall of America. Seems like a long way away from any sports venue for a tailgate, but that's cool.

Should I bring a hot dish or bars to the tailgate?

The moral of the story is that Wisconsin sucks. Call them any name you like.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure he would love to meet you in the Mall of America parking lot to show you. Careful, he's a huge advocate of sticking his finger up other peoples' a$$es. No mention of gloves or lube so I can't help you there.

Ok man, you're beating a dead horse. I find it hard to believe you are a member of the .military.
You sound very undisciplined.

Why is this post even a thing, here is five minuts of time I will never get back. Ruppert post's a story that he is OK with in believing that he is the creator and owns patent rights to all things named "Becky". It's not as original as I once thought, I know I have heard students at the U calling Bucky "becky" badger going all the way back to 1993 at Hockey games.
That and has more to do with it rhymes and is supposed to be an insult to the term Bucky that Wisconson folks are fond of. Anyway's can we all agree "Better dead than Red" this week (U of M band members came up with this), and F Bo Ryan, the point this week is beating the Badgers in football, not the origins of Becky or Badginas or any of those things. They use vulgar terms for us and we toss the insults back, would anything less be expected? If you take the A$$hole chants too seriously then you will have a miserable time in Madison this weekend.
Not every badger fan you will meet is a total d-wad like you may assume, just do not take them so literal. Go Gophers

Mall of America. Seems like a long way away from any sports venue for a tailgate, but that's cool.

Should I bring a hot dish or bars to the tailgate?

I'm sure he would be willing to meet you in Pequot Lakes if that works better for you.

I'm sure he would be willing to meet you in Pequot Lakes if that works better for you.

Maybe you two malcontents should meet for a tailgate. What's his face should be very efficient at KP.
He seems to have the intelligence of Beetle Baily.

Maybe you two malcontents should meet for a tailgate. What's his face should be very efficient at KP.
He seems to have the intelligence of Beetle Baily.

I can only shake my head at you disparaging a fine American like Beetle Bailey. Typical military bashing.

I found it quite funny... Just a little razzing on some fans.
Guess I must be an asshole too.

I found it quite funny... Just a little razzing on some fans.
Guess I must be an asshole too.

Right. It's Badger week. There was no malice intended. And the reaction from some people is ridiculous. It's Wisconsin for crying out loud. I've got one guy that tells me I live in Pequot Lakes and I challenged some guy to a fight at the Mall of America. Another guy thinks I was dating some celebrity in Florida. The military goof says I reside in Destin, Florida every winter. My wife and I have been in that area just once and that was three years ago and that's why I brought up the Badger story. We did not go back because it is to cold! We go further south down around Naples and Fort Meyers. What I thought was just a fun post has turned into a goat.fu-k.

Top Bottom