The Best Pizza Joint in Every Power 5 Conference Town (Minnesota: Mesa Pizza, Dinkytown)

There are way too many styles and types of pizza to pick "best pizza joint" all by itself.

Chicago style?

New York?

Detroit?

Neapolitan?

There's great things about all those and more... can't just pick one place.

Bunch of pizza n00bs.

Are you really trying to tell me that Chuck E. Mother*****ng Cheese is the best pizza in Tuscaloosa? My niece goes there and she's all about Heat Pizza. When I went to visit, my favorite was Pryo's.

Are you really trying to tell me that Chuck E. Mother*****ng Cheese is the best pizza in Tuscaloosa? My niece goes there and she's all about Heat Pizza. When I went to visit, my favorite was Pryo's.
Jeezus. I'd prefer a Lotzza Motzza to Chuck E Cheese; something every parent barely tolerates to please the kids.

Among many close favorites here, I like Leaning Tower of Pizza.

Yeah, it sucks what he did giving all that money to help small businesses to survive.
One side of the coin. He also worked his ass off to get a nice little empire off the ground. Hat's off to him for that part of his life/career.

Other side of the coin: I have a friend who refuses to be in the same room with him. She is so tired of him hitting on her non-stop (very suggestively) and asking for her to part of his show, asking her out, constantly sliding into her DM's, etc. etc. etc.

If you had a daughter, it would be in your best interest to keep her away from Portnoy.

Surly will be back in August and is the best pizza in MN.
New Haven style >
Boludo, Wrecktangle, and ElMar are good newcomers around here but can't touch Surly. Mesa is not in the discussion. Same for Ian's in Madison. Novanta is way better.

Not in Minneapolis but love me some Carbonne's. Plus their pizza fries and pizza sandwiches are awesome!

One side of the coin. He also worked his ass off to get a nice little empire off the ground. Hat's off to him for that part of his life/career.

Other side of the coin: I have a friend who refuses to be in the same room with him. She is so tired of him hitting on her non-stop (very suggestively) and asking for her to part of his show, asking her out, constantly sliding into her DM's, etc. etc. etc.

If you had a daughter, it would be in your best interest to keep her away from Portnoy.
I can't listen to Portnoy for more than 5 seconds without wanting to vomit.

Campus Pizza was the best. It's a shame it's gone.
Pizza was good and the last owner is a good guy - it's a bummer it couldn't stay there.

Last edited:

:ROFLMAO:

Just decide to do that. "You are forbidden, by my decree!!" Should work great with a teenage daughter. They won't immediately do exactly the opposite of whatever you want.

What century do you live in?

Surly will be back in August
All that hard work to F over their workers. Takes some time to re-sort yourself, I understand.

Not another dime, from me.

Restaurants, bars, breweries are always "out with the old, what's new" anyway. Even the owners get bored after a few years, regardless how successful it is, and want a new project. Meh

Here's a few of the pizza reviews Portnoy did in Minneapolis, Mesa was not one of them.

Red Savoy with PJ Fleck

Black Sheep

Surly

:ROFLMAO:

Just decide to do that. "You are forbidden, by my decree!!" Should work great with a teenage daughter. They won't immediately do exactly the opposite of whatever you want.

What century do you live in?
You are so black and white. It doesn't have to be by decree. You can have an intelligent conversation with your daughter.

Barstool Sports? That's some kind of thing, I guess, that some people like?

Meh. Happy to live under a rock, on this one.

Also, the original Savoy Inn (on E 7th St at the entrance to the Lafayette Bridge) has been closed for at least 2 years.

Top Bottom