TCF Bank Stadium Modifications to Begin This Week

Does it really affect your lives. It's a god damned football field, that is all.
maybe that is why we haven't been to the Rose Bowl while playing in TCF, God has damned the field.

I just can't believe that people get so damned worked up over a situation that has only a 2-year life span, and the powers that be will do what they are gonna do. Have a beer, root for the Gophers, take the Vikings money and all will be fine.

Agree. Whether you like the Vikings or not, I don't see how them playing there is anything but a positive for the stadium and for the Gophers.

Thanks for posting that. I was wondering how that would look.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/vikings?src=hash">#vikings</a> logo at midfield at TCF bank stadium, and in end zones. First game Friday. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/gophers?src=hash">#gophers</a> <a href="http://t.co/3VFMbzPVtR">pic.twitter.com/3VFMbzPVtR</a></p>— RandBall (@RandBall) <a href="https://twitter.com/RandBall/statuses/497130043668434945">August 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh no, the seats don't match the end zone colors. Alert the Vikings!

As long as Christian Ponder doesn't start giving Leidner tips on quarterbacking, the Gophers come out ahead on the deal: heating coils, improvements to concessions, more points of sale for beer, general weatherizing of stadium - paid for by someone else!

First time I can remember planning on watching a Vikings exhibition game (for a quarter). Gonna be cool to see the wide stadium shots all season.

Does it really affect your lives. It's a god damned football field, that is all.

Jesus Boys...

When DD has to be the voice of reason around here, you know how low you've fallen...

As long as Christian Ponder doesn't start giving Leidner tips on quarterbacking, the Gophers come out ahead on the deal: heating coils, improvements to concessions, more points of sale for beer, general weatherizing of stadium - paid for by someone else!

Half of it from MN taxpayers.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_26289112/so-is-tcf-bank-big-enough-vikings-and

"The field will be completely scrubbed and we'll repaint for Gophers football," University of Minnesota associate athletics director Scott Ellison said Wednesday. "We'll have the block M. We'll have the college hash (marks) and the college numbers down for the scrimmage on Saturday."

- The biggest project involved replacing the turf and installing heating coils underneath the surface."There are 38 miles worth of tubing underneath the field," Ellison said. "In the back of the stadium there's also a heating plant. Once the Vikings are gone the heating system stays in.

- The heating systems in the loge boxes won't be ready until September.

- Ellison said one of the key benefits to the partnership with the Vikings for use of the stadium is the $3 million a year rental fee, which will be used to pay part of the $7.5 million Williams Arena roof renovation.

- There will be more points of entry (from six to nine gates) and more places to purchase alcohol than before, Ellison said.

- "I think we've added close to 130 points of sale, just in general for beer, food and beverages," Elllison said. "We're also going from 56 points of entry to 90 points of entry.

-"The heated field, the improvements in the bathrooms," Ellison said. "The rent is going to help the athletic department as well. I'm not a football coach and I don't recruit but there's got to be some intrinsic value to having an NFL team play in your stadium."

stay off the "M" in the locker room and I'm ok with whatever

If you thought the Gophers would get their way over Zygi and the NFL you are clueless

Jesus Boys...

When DD has to be the voice of reason around here, you know how low you've fallen...

Sparlimb, this group on GH had fallen really low before I became the voice of reason. :cool02:

Some of us are aesthetes. These things matter!

I couldn't agree with you more. Beside, my wife is a Norwegian citizen and is really offended by the way real vikings are being portrayed at football games. I expect most of you don't realize that they didn't wear horns at all. That is why Thor removed one of Big Ole's horn this summer Station19. And Shorty, you should be leading the charge on this one. Shame on you!

P.S. According to my wife, the vikings have been victimized by unfair press. They were really just traders.

Killjoy...the Vikings didn't even know the order to do things. They finally learned though...Pillage then burn. Pillage then burn.

The purple with maroon and gold just looks awful. Probably will look better with purple in the stands, but really wish they would have kept the endzones maroon and gold.

If the stands are empty enough where a TV audience would notice the maroon seats, there are much bigger problems than a maroon/purple color clash going on.

If the stands are empty enough where a TV audience would notice the maroon seats, there are much bigger problems than a maroon/purple color clash going on.

So you're saying it would like another attempted 'gold out'?:rolleyes:

TCF Bank Stadium changes

"Technology: A replay booth had to be installed. Also, a still-shot camera system was installed for the coaching staffs. And a distributed antenna system was installed to enhance fans’ ability to access 4G, 3G and LTE technology."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/270420741.html

Awesome! I'm really hoping for a solid wifi system but this is a step in the right direction.

TCF Bank Stadium changes

"Technology: A replay booth had to be installed. Also, a still-shot camera system was installed for the coaching staffs. And a distributed antenna system was installed to enhance fans’ ability to access 4G, 3G and LTE technology."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/270420741.html

I wonder when that was installed, because there was no data connectivity at the soccer game last week in my section.

I wonder when that was installed, because there was no data connectivity at the soccer game last week in my section.

They just look like white boxes. I noticed them in the lower concourse at the Spring Game and I noticed they had been added to the upper level at the soccer game. Whether or not they were functioning is a different story.

I couldn't agree with you more. Beside, my wife is a Norwegian citizen and is really offended by the way real vikings are being portrayed at football games. I expect most of you don't realize that they didn't wear horns at all. That is why Thor removed one of Big Ole's horn this summer Station19. And Shorty, you should be leading the charge on this one. Shame on you!

P.S. According to my wife, the vikings have been victimized by unfair press. They were really just traders.

Most of the Norwegians I've met have been quite nice...albeit a bit immodest.

Top Bottom