TCF Bank Stadium Modifications to Begin This Week

Who gives a rat's ass if it is sewn or painted. It'll show GOPHERS for
Gopher games and VIKINGS for Viking games.

Hey... this beats the uniform combo discussions.

Actually, it'll show "MINNESOTA" for both Gophers and Vikings games. As for the letters being sewn-in or painted, I'm going to say the letters themselves (the white part) are sewn in, while the maroon/purple borders around them will be painted. That's how I'd consider doing it, anyways...

Actually, it'll show "MINNESOTA" for both Gophers and Vikings games. As for the letters being sewn-in or painted, I'm going to say the letters themselves (the white part) are sewn in, while the maroon/purple borders around them will be painted. That's how I'd consider doing it, anyways...

That is how they are doing it. Click on the link from the Vikings website with the pictures and it validates you theory.

That is how they are doing it. Click on the link from the Vikings website with the pictures and it validates you theory.

It doesn't, actually, because the letters are currently gold with maroon outlines and the pictures on the Vikings link show white letters with purple outlines.

It doesn't, actually, because the letters are currently gold with maroon outlines and the pictures on the Vikings link show white letters with purple outlines.

Note to self....do not engage in conversation with dpodoll.......do not engage in conversation with dpodoll. It never ends well, is circular, and just goes on and on and on.

That is all. :p

Isn't the turf gold with white outlines, then each team will paint over the white outlines with maroon or purple?

Isn't the turf gold with white outlines, then each team will paint over the white outlines with maroon or purple?

That would make sense, but that isn't what is shown in the renderings.

Whoever is broadcasting the Vikings games this year will beat the topic of them playing in the Gopher's stadium to death because they don't have anything else intelligent to talk about in between plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Construction has begun at the open end of the stadium on the temporary stands that will add about 2,000 extra seats for Vikings games, and for the Gophers too. The metal skeleton is up for part of the structure near the home side of the field and building materials are positioned nearby for further work.

Yep. I'll be sitting in those seats for two games this year. My first Gopher football games since the 10-9 win against NDSU in 2006.

As long as there are modifications going on, it's too bad negotiations couldn't have resulted in a better wi-fi structure.
As long as Jules Perlt isn't relaying halftime scores, I'd like to defer to my phone.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bleachers are in! <a href="http://t.co/jtLz5mfzeU">pic.twitter.com/jtLz5mfzeU</a></p>— TCF Bank Stadium (@TCFBankStadium) <a href="https://twitter.com/TCFBankStadium/statuses/489913693182771200">July 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I am just hoping that my sneaky entering point thru Section 101, Row 8ish to my seats in 103 aren't blocked off. My fat arse ain't going up all of stairs in the main entrance!
Can anyone confirm or deny?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bleachers are in! <a href="http://t.co/jtLz5mfzeU">pic.twitter.com/jtLz5mfzeU</a></p>— TCF Bank Stadium (@TCFBankStadium) <a href="https://twitter.com/TCFBankStadium/statuses/489913693182771200">July 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Looks awful, but gotta cram in a few more ticket holders for the Vikings I guess. (And a few more Iowa fans)

As long as it is full of people at games, who gives a rat's ass how it looks when it's empty?

I honestly don't think it looks that bad. Assuming they're filled.

whaah, whaah, gnash teeth, throw tantrum. +1 to what dr. don said.

As long as it is full of people at games, who gives a rat's ass how it looks when it's empty?
Not safe to assume it will be full at gameday given the last few seasons. Vikings, yes. Gophers, no.

Not safe to assume it will be full at gameday given the last few seasons. Vikings, yes. Gophers, no.

Ski U, the point is, as supadupa said, what a bunch of whiny bitchers about " it looks ugly". Those commentors have obviously never looked at themselves in a mirror.

Ski U, the point is, as supadupa said, what a bunch of whiny bitchers about " it looks ugly". Those commentors have obviously never looked at themselves in a mirror.

If they did they would see a bunch of babies! Pathetic!

Top Bottom