Take a deep breath, it’ll be okay.

Just a couple points from a CBJ supporter. I like him. I like the brand he coaches, and the in-game X's and O's are good. He has done a good job.

The portal has claimed 4 guys from a middling Big Ten team thus far:
Hmm. So we agree years 1 and 2 were awful. Year 3 you describe as "middling" yet you assert that CBJ is a good coach. So does that mean the players HE recruited sucked? That would be on him I'd say. But sure make up excuses why we lose EVERY YEAR.

Some people might not like the negative/realist side but there is no way people actually think this is going well and he's a good coach right?

I think it would be more of an indictment on Ben if he was fighting to keep JOJ and Ihnen.
Those two got pushed out. Carrington got as much playing time as one could possibly have given him. He was a minus offensive player at his position- got on the court solely for defense because Christie didn't play defense well and Hawkin and Mitchell are small and got tough matchups.

RJ just confirmed that as far back as the Nebraska debacle he knew from team sources that Payne, Carrington, JOJ and Ihnen were causing issues in the locker room and pouting. Also said Dawson was growing increasingly frustrated with these guys as the year went on.

Also when Carrington and Payne gave quotes a couple weeks back about the importance of keeping the team together, they 100% knew they were already leaving.

RJ just confirmed that as far back as the Nebraska debacle he knew from team sources that Payne, Carrington, JOJ and Ihnen were causing issues in the locker room and pouting. Also said Dawson was growing increasingly frustrated with these guys as the year went on.

Also when Carrington and Payne gave quotes a couple weeks back about the importance of keeping the team together, they 100% knew they were already leaving.

If you don't think these cancerous attitudes had a lot to do with our late-season swoon, I don't know what to tell you.

I just figured it out.
You're Ryan James.

Lots of things make sense now. Just not your wild ass takes.

Payne is a big loss, until he is replaced by two new bigs. Then we will be able to speculate on whether Payne was a big loss, small loss, or no loss.
How much NIL $$$ he makes at his new school will also tell something.

If you don't think these cancerous attitudes had a lot to do with our late-season swoon, I don't know what to tell you.
The three guys other than Payne, caused the other guys to play poorly?

It will be OK. I agree.

Gopher bball was OK before NIL/free transfers, and it will be OK after this.

We weren't competing for Big Ten titles and national championships before, and we won't now either.

Figure out what will make you happy, in following and watching this program. It may need a bit of tuning

So Ben hasn't already coached 3 seasons? Good to know. Your defense of him is truly laughable. Not surprised, you're the same person that said losing to Missouri was a good loss. Also, if you want to sound smart, maybe learn basic vocabulary.
If you want to sound slightly above literate, learn not to lie or show me where I said losing to Missouri was a good loss.

I have no defense of Ben Johnson. He is our coach and I will continue to support the coach and players on the team until they are no longer the coach or players on the team. I have no influence over who coaches the Gophers nor who wears our uniform.

You are comfortable trashing our coach and players. I am not.

A basketball roster is not that big. When 33% of your players are pouting and not bought in, do you think it will affect the team?

The Wolves had their 2004-2005 season completely submarined by TWO guys complaining about money.

It will be OK. I agree.

Gopher bball was OK before NIL/free transfers, and it will be OK after this.

We weren't competing for Big Ten titles and national championships before, and we won't now either.

Figure out what will make you happy, in following and watching this program. It may need a bit of tuning
To me, we're really a program that needs to find our guy. We're not going to get the best coach out there, we just need a coach that fits this job. Who is that guy is the question?

Medved has gotta be top of the list. Maybe look again at a guy like Craig Smith or Henderson from SDSU.

We're not going to pay huge money, but that doesn't mean we can't get a coach in here that can get us in the Dance 2/3 years or 3 out of every 4. That can be done here. We can make a Sweet 16 every 4th/5th year.

Once this program gets turned around a little bit, the following grows, the NIL grows, and there's potential here.

Shit, we won a couple of games this year and people were trying to get excited. It wasn't a good year but I feel like this city is ready to support a team that can get some momentum going.

If you want to sound slightly above literate, learn not to lie or show me where I said losing to Missouri was a good loss.

I have no defense of Ben Johnson. He is our coach and I will continue to support the coach and players on the team until they are no longer the coach or players on the team. I have no influence over who coaches the Gophers nor who wears our uniform.

I am comfortable with the truth about Ben and the players- good or bad. Today was not a good one.

To me, we're really a program that needs to find our guy. We're not going to get the best coach out there, we just need a coach that fits this job. Who is that guy is the question?

Medved has gotta be top of the list. Maybe look again at a guy like Craig Smith or Henderson from SDSU.

We're not going to pay huge money, but that doesn't mean we can't get a coach in here that can get us in the Dance 2/3 years or 3 out of every 4. That can be done here. We can make a Sweet 16 every 4th/5th year.

Once this program gets turned around a little bit, the following grows, the NIL grows, and there's potential here.

Shit, we won a couple of games this year and people were trying to get excited. It wasn't a good year but I feel like this city is ready to support a team that can get some momentum going.
I am not disagreeing with you- but explain to be me why we would not pay big money when we are getting 60 million off the TV contract and we have 6000 open season tickets or about 4-5 million in additional revenue potential?

How much NIL $$$ he makes at his new school will also tell something.
We are not going to know how much he gets. Any numbers floated are worth a Urals Mountains commie post. But I think you can safely speculate it will be a fairly small fraction of $1.1 million.

We are not going to know how much he gets. Any numbers floated are worth a Urals Mountains commie post. But I think you can safely speculate it will be a fairly small fraction of $1.1 million.
Then we should pay it. Oh I forgot, we have Morgan coming in!

As you have mentioned a few times, you didn't play basketball beyond 5th grade. You wouldn't actually know about these things.

This is what you said. "Two good things happened in non-conference, the loss to Missouri and Dawson’s injury at the right time."

Telling the truth isn't trashing. It's just telling the truth.

I am not disagreeing with you- but explain to be me why we would not pay big money when we are getting 60 million off the TV contract and we have 6000 open season tickets or about 4-5 million in additional revenue potential?
Good question. I don't have the knowledge there.

I thought we were willing to do something like that as Tubby had a decent salary I believe. And then Teague F'd up big time and we ended with up our 5th option in Pitino who didn't need to be paid highly. And then now Ben makes the lowest annual salary in the Big 10.

I won't let myself believe we don't care about the basketball program here, that would make no sense. There's money to be made with a good program here.

Fleck is middle of the road as far as Big 10 salaries for football.

For whatever reason, there's a belief out there that we shouldn't pay money to our basketball coach until that changes I guess.

A basketball roster is not that big. When 33% of your players are pouting and not bought in, do you think it will affect the team?

The Wolves had their 2004-2005 season completely submarined by TWO guys complaining about money.
Could be a player problem. Could be a management problem.

I am comfortable with the truth about Ben and the players- good or bad. Today was not a good one.
I disagree. Today was a loss with Payne and a big win in opening up three other spots for a chance of big improvement.

According to published reports we offered it. He thinks he will get multiples more.
Well now I just don't know what to believe because Writer Gopher claims Payne was a Payne in Ben's backside and a cancer, but now you are telling me that we did offer him? Where are these published reports?

Top Bottom