Take a deep breath, it’ll be okay.

GoldenMAV30266

Reaction score
“Fire Ben” “Go get Mussemlan” “The roster is imploding” blah blah blah.

Transfers leave faster than they come in, and with respect to JOJ and Carrington, the only one that stings a bit so far Payne.

There’s thousands of kids in the portal, Ben just has to find the right ones (again). Leave your overreactions for after the roster is actually set.

Seeing a visit from Morgan today and hearing there’s mutual interest with J’Vonne Hadley is a good start.

I know everyone loves to overreact. But there’s actually a possibility to get a BETTER roster from this.

“Fire Ben” “Go get Mussemlan” “The roster is imploding” blah blah blah.

Transfers leave faster than they come in, and with respect to JOJ and Carrington, the only one that stings a bit so far Payne.

There’s thousands of kids in the portal, Ben just has to find the right ones (again). Leave your overreactions for after the roster is actually set.

Seeing a visit from Morgan today and hearing there’s mutual interest with J’Vonne Hadley is a good start.

I know everyone loves to overreact. But there’s actually a possibility to get a BETTER roster from this.
Oh the joy.......Morgan and Hadley!

Who do you think you have to pay more to- The players you have built a relationship with over a few years or some guy you are recruiting. A new roster that is better will come with a higher price than the old roster- which we appear not to be able to afford.

other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

FWIW - saw a post from Ryan James. He says that Carrington, JOJ and Payne have been talking to each other for a while. with Carrington and JOJ, it was about NIL and playing time. with Payne, apparently more NIL, because he was getting the playing time.

but James said for all three, they felt they were not getting "what they had earned."

that to me is the real issue. in today's climate, you cannot keep a roster together because if players don't get what they feel they have earned, they leave.

Unless MN finds Rich Uncle Pennybags to bankroll the program, this isn't going to change.

I agree, all of college basketball deals with transfers. Guys leave, go get other guys.

With that said, Ben was hired to keep MN guys home and build on them. That isn't happening.

So the original plan for why we hired this guy is gone, and we haven't won much.

I would much rather have someone else at the helm here.

I need a hug...

giphy.gif

"OK" is highly subjective.
But plenty of people are just thrilled with seasons where everyone has fun and nobody got too badly injured.

Because he built the previous roster and only lost one impact player
The previous roster that lost in the first round of the NIT and likely only made it because other teams dropped out?

Yeah you are right we should be excited for the future...

other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

FWIW - saw a post from Ryan James. He says that Carrington, JOJ and Payne have been talking to each other for a while. with Carrington and JOJ, it was about NIL and playing time. with Payne, apparently more NIL, because he was getting the playing time.

but James said for all three, they felt they were not getting "what they had earned."

that to me is the real issue. in today's climate, you cannot keep a roster together because if players don't get what they feel they have earned, they leave.

Unless MN finds Rich Uncle Pennybags to bankroll the program, this isn't going to change.
The issue is none of them earned all that much. Payne was good. The other two are busts. I don't care they are leaving and I wouldn't pay one cent to see them play for Macalester next year. These kids seem to think they deserve the world before they earn anything. Good riddance.

Portal is a big box of chocolates for every team and every player. Many reasons! This is just the reality right now for every coach. Be interesting to see who CBJ is able to land in the portal. There are plenty of people who might make this team even better than the current 3 leaving. Crazy.

Portal is a big box of chocolates for every team and every player. Many reasons! This is just the reality right now for every coach. Be interesting to see who CBJ is able to land in the portal. There are plenty of people who might make this team even better than the current 3 leaving. Crazy.
I agree. Sorry to Carrington and JOJ, but they weren't really worth a damn this year. There's literally hundreds of guys that you can find to replace these 2. They might be decent players, but we didn't use them so that's irrelevant. Go get guys that you will use.

Payne will be a top level transfer, that hurts. Ben should continue to recruit him. I'm not ruling him out to come back. Unlikely.

Being a free agent every year is killing the sport. It's no fun as a fan to not be able to follow the development of a player and team. The NBA and other professional leagues are set up so much better to actually follow some players, even if there is some movement. It's nothing like this.

The issue is none of them earned all that much. Payne was good. The other two are busts. I don't care they are leaving and I wouldn't pay one cent to see them play for Macalester next year. These kids seem to think they deserve the world before they earn anything. Good riddance.
Some truth. So far down 1 starter.

Being a free agent every year is killing the sport. It's no fun as a fan to not be able to follow the development of a player and team. The NBA and other professional leagues are set up so much better to actually follow some players, even if there is some movement. It's nothing like this.
There were times that I lived for watching college hoops. I used to refer to the first two days of March Madness as "my Christmas". I knew multiple players on every Top 25 team (and this was long before the Internet). Now, I don't know if I can name 10 players outside the the Big Ten.

Top Bottom