STrib: Gophers' 2021 football schedule is something: Ohio State for openers, Cornhuskers for closers

There is that rumor but I doubt it. I haven’t seen it from any reliable source
The rumors were that they needed to change some games due to teams traveling to same location 3 years in a row. Even saw the the Ohio State game could become a road game. It will get announced about two weeks before camp, I'm sure. ;)

The rumors were that they needed to change some games due to teams traveling to same location 3 years in a row. Even saw the the Ohio State game could become a road game. It will get announced about two weeks before camp, I'm sure. ;)
That would mean that home/away for some Big Ten games in 2020 was flipped from the original schedule. Did that actually happen, though?

Otherwise, with the original 2020 schedule, they had it all worked out in the six year period 2016-2021 so that every series was the same number of home/away and I believe never multiple home or away in a row, thus not possible for three in a row.

With nine conf games per year, each school gets one cross-division team for the whole six years (our first was Maryland, next period will be Mich St), and then rotate through the remaining six cross-division teams, two at a time, rotating every year, thus taking six years to rotate through everyone playing home and away.

Now if they were to switch to eight conf games, then I could possible see things getting messed up.

Just booked six nights for a Rocky Mountain High in Estes Park!! 2-3 small micro breweries there and a mecca for hiking and sightseeing.
Thanks for reminding me. Just booked a hotel in Boulder in case I decide to go. Can always cancel later.

Top Bottom