STrib: Gophers' 2021 football schedule is something: Ohio State for openers, Cornhuskers for closers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

At 3-4 and exhausted from a stressful season, the Gophers opted out of college football's annual bowl season and turned their focus to 2021. Let's do the same here. The Gophers' next game will come in late summer, 2021, and it'll be a doozy: a primetime, national television date with the Big Ten champs, Ohio State. Star Tribune beat writer Megan Ryan looks ahead to the dozen games on the docket for the 2021 Gophers:

Sept. 2 (Thu.) vs. Ohio State
What a way to kick off the new season, against the reigning four-time Big Ten champion Buckeyes who are currently 6-0 heading into the College Football Playoff.

Sept. 11 vs. Miami (Ohio)
The RedHawks went 2-1 in 2020 after having three games canceled because of COVID-19.

Sept. 18 at Colorado
First-year head coach Karl Dorrell was the PAC-12 Coach of the Year in taking the Buffaloes to 4-1 and the Alamo Bowl.

Go Gophers!!

I think that's a good time to catch Ohio State, they will be breaking in a new QB.

Hate that they have a B1G powerhouse to start as for whatever reason Fleck’s teams seem to be really sluggish for 3-4 games and then start to put it together. Don’t see anything but a loss here but you never know!

Hate that they have a B1G powerhouse to start as for whatever reason Fleck’s teams seem to be really sluggish for 3-4 games and then start to put it together. Don’t see anything but a loss here but you never know!
Ok frost

Wow you are a first class jackwagon! Not complaining, simply stating that Flecks teams are slow at the start of the year, so disappointed that they will get pummeled like 56-6 or something, but maybe you like that. Personally I like the end of the year PJ teams, like the one that got after Auburn. If you paid attention you would know that. Oh, and what percentage do they pass on 2nd down? You should quit blowing Sanford and come up for air.

Wow you are a first class jackwagon! Not complaining, simply stating that Flecks teams are slow at the start of the year, so disappointed that they will get pummeled like 56-6 or something, but maybe you like that. Personally I like the end of the year PJ teams, like the one that got after Auburn. If you paid attention you would know that. Oh, and what percentage do they pass on 2nd down? You should quit blowing Sanford and come up for air.
Holy sensitive Batman

Anyone up for a trip to Boulder? Hopefully Covid will be tamed by then. A few of us road tripped to Fort Collins when we played Colorado State. We spent a few extra days out there and hit up some breweries as well as Rocky Mountain National Park. I would love to go back!

Anyone up for a trip to Boulder? Hopefully Covid will be tamed by then. A few of us road tripped to Fort Collins when we played Colorado State. We spent a few extra days out there and hit up some breweries as well as Rocky Mountain National Park. I would love to go back!
100% going, my brother graduated from both the U and then his PHD at Boulder....he passed away but I'm going to watch his 2 favorite teams in his favorite stadium, have had plans to do this for 5 years ever since the game was scheduled, go away Covid.

I’ll be going as well

I plan on doing Red Rocks for the 2nd time when I'm there, did you go there last time?.....if not put it on the list.

Assuming no COVID, the plan is to make the trip.

Just took a look at this for the first time. This is a big-time schedule. I like it

Any Pac 12 updates on fans and selling tickets. I am looking for tickets to the Colorado game and want it to happen badly!

Just took a look at this for the first time. This is a big-time schedule. I like it
Trip to Chicago MEA weekend works out well and Nebraska black Friday works well too.
May try to make the trip to Colorado too. Hoping I can make it to 2 of those 3.

Any Pac 12 updates on fans and selling tickets. I am looking for tickets to the Colorado game and want it to happen badly!
I can't imagine that decisions on having non-conf games, let alone having fans in the stadium, for 2021 will come earlier than this summer. Wild guess

Flight and hotel already booked.

Sweep Oldhio State next year will be a real breakout year (1st game, then conference championship).

Sweep Oldhio State next year will be a real breakout year (1st game, then conference championship).
I have to imagine we'd he in the playoffs at that point...sign me up!

I have to imagine we'd he in the playoffs at that point...sign me up!
C'mon. You and me standing and drinking beer. Nobody can be angry at that.....
Well, one guy that's banned might not like it

If fans are there, I will be there

Didn't I see the B1G plans to shake up the 2021 schedule? If it plays out as it is currently scheduled - it should be very interesting, no doubt.

Do the Gophers have an update either? Just seems like no news on all fronts. I’ve seen nothing in season tickets

Do the Gophers have an update either? Just seems like no news on all fronts. I’ve seen nothing in season tickets
I don't think that there is much that they can say at this point. I am sure that they are hoping that 3-4 months from now there will be a robust vaccination program in full swing and some reason to hope that there will be some return to normalcy this fall, but hard to know what they can plan for at this point. I expect that they are discussing everything from a full return to normal to another season of conference-only schedules with limited or no fans. Under current guidelines, I think they are still limited to a few hundred fans in Minnesota. Hard to sell tickets under those circumstances.

Didn't I see the B1G plans to shake up the 2021 schedule? If it plays out as it is currently scheduled - it should be very interesting, no doubt.
There is that rumor but I doubt it. I haven’t seen it from any reliable source

Top Bottom