Strack: Do Not Rule Eric Musselman Out as Next Gophers MBB Coach

How hit is CBJ's seat right now, on a scale from 1 (warm and cozy) to 10 (instant third degree burns)???

For what it is worth, Barreiro had "Muss was interested" at least as far back as the day the Johnson hire was announced. It was very much in line with the idea that it wouldn't have take a huge raise to get him to Minnesota. If you know the people that Barrerio is associated with that have ties to the Gophers, it's not hard to connect the dots about where his information comes from.

It's interesting following Gopher sports from out of state because it is so rare that those who actually cover the Gophers for their job (ex Marcus Fuller, Ryan James) or consider themselves "scoopers" (Doogie) actually ever break a Gopher story. Mark Rosen has been first on a few big things (I think PJ might have been one, and Brewster's firing another?) I think Henry Lake might have been first on Pitino and Jeff Goodman broke the Ben Johnson hire from out of state.

hey - if you actually read the article linked to the OP - the statement that Musselman would be interested in the U of MN comes from.............................wait for it........................................

A Charley Walters column in the Pioneer Press.

that was the "source" for the story.
Charlie Walters just dreams up speculation from nowhere. Not credible on many things.

An intelligent backer of Ben would admit things have not gone well and admit some results are needed quickly, but that it doesn’t really matter because the wins are quickly on the way and the hot seat will cool off.

But you answered 1, so there you have it.

An intelligent backer of Ben would admit things have not gone well and admit some results are needed quickly, but that it doesn’t really matter because the wins are quickly on the way and the hot seat will cool off.

But you answered 1, so there you have it.
Yep. I believe I know what 23-24 likely holds for this team . A few are slowly catching on.

Yep. I believe I know what 23-24 likely holds for this team . A few are slowly catching on.
Your belief in how they will perform in 23-24 is not the question. Where you lose credibility, is your insistence that his performance up till now doesn't warrant skepticism about his future. It leads pretty much else to believe that you don't have much of a grasp on reality or you don't think winning games is important.

I am still waiting for the "Rockraven NIL Fund" to kick in? Should be any day now right?

For what it is worth, Barreiro had "Muss was interested" at least as far back as the day the Johnson hire was announced. It was very much in line with the idea that it wouldn't have take a huge raise to get him to Minnesota. If you know the people that Barrerio is associated with that have ties to the Gophers, it's not hard to connect the dots about where his information comes from.

It's interesting following Gopher sports from out of state because it is so rare that those who actually cover the Gophers for their job (ex Marcus Fuller, Ryan James) or consider themselves "scoopers" (Doogie) actually ever break a Gopher story. Mark Rosen has been first on a few big things (I think PJ might have been one, and Brewster's firing another?) I think Henry Lake might have been first on Pitino and Jeff Goodman broke the Ben Johnson hire from out of state.
It is pretty interesting. And usually half the names we get from local scoopers is no where close to reality

Top Bottom