Storm the Field Roll Call!! Who was there and what was your favorite part?

I am old by the standard of the average age that storms the field but with age comes wisdom and I have some important field storming knowledge to share with all you boys and girls.

DO NOT go over that wall facing the field. It is a long drop and you always see people get hurt, fall forward, etc. The trick is to get to the wall, turn your back to the field hold on to the wall or gate, and lower yourself as far as you can go. That way, you only drop a couple feet and it is all very controlled. No danger. No injury.

I had said I had rushed the field for the last time after the Penn State game. I didn't feel like I needed to do it again and actually thought I'd prefer to watch the mayhem from our seats. But there I was on Saturday, my wife egging me on, and of course there I was on the field in front of the West goal posts. I took some great video of the axe as it made its way past me going to the east. Glad I did it but I think I would have been just as happy in the stands. I will proclaim once again that I won't do it again.

It was so much fun to watch the team sprint to the axe and see the fans rush the field. Since my group was in the second deck of the student section we waited until things died down and then made our way down to the field. A horde of people came towards us and all of a sudden the axe was right in front of me and getting to touch it for a brief second was so much fun. Let's hope we don't have to wait 18 years for the next axe victory at home!

1. Was doing "Jump Around" on the field.

2. When the crowd surged toward the Axe to touch it, somebody yelled "Do it for Travis Scott!"

Top Bottom