Storm the Field Roll Call!! Who was there and what was your favorite part?

I jumped the wall and and ran out there, first time since the Kill era vs. Nebraska. The f'ed up knee held up on the drop to the field!

The whole thing was very much worth it.

There was something pretty great in the first quarter sitting in the sun pregame, not knowing what was coming! Win or lose it was good to come back to life today.

Stormed the field with my 6 year old. Wife stayed in the stands with our 4 and 2 year old. The 4 year old was beside herself that she didn’t get to go, so my wife waited for it to die down so they could take the stairs (I went over the wall with my 6 y.o.). She was so excited she was running away from my wife trying to find the players.

As we were walking back to the car afterwards, my 6 y.o. states “this is my favorite time of the year”, then pauses and thinks, and states “this is my favorite time of my life”. Then later he had another gem, “I’m so excited and I don’t know what to do about it!”

I jumped the wall and and ran out there, first time since the Kill era vs. Nebraska. The f'ed up knee held up on the drop to the field!

The whole thing was very much worth it. It was pretty much a great week, I returned to rec basketball after 18 months this week and played 3 days, and today!

There was something pretty great in the first quarter sitting in the sun pregame, not knowing what was coming! Win or lose it was good to come back to life today.
It does not get much better than today!

Told my son, who was in the student section, that we‘ll me on the “M” after the win. didn’t think about how crazy the field would be after the win and “how the hell am I’m going to find him”, but we met up, and I’ll hold the memory of the MASSIVE hug we gave each other for as long as I live.

It was great to be out there and Jump Around was the highlight. Seeing up close how happy the players were was also a highlight for me. I was on the field after the Penn State win, this one seemed to be right up there, a tie-breaker goes to this win: the Axe >>>> the Bell.

I was at the game, but didn’t rush this time (have in the past). I really enjoyed watching it from the stands and Jump Around was epic.

I was at the game, but didn’t rush this time (have in the past). I really enjoyed watching it from the stands and Jump Around was epic.
Same boat. I rushed the field after the 2010 Iowa game. Enjoyed the view of this one from the second deck. Jump Around looked awesome from up there.

The moment was Cecil B. DeMille scale fun from 211. Jump Around was epic...

By the time Jump started all the Badgers players were off the field but the field crew was responsible for packing up the sideline gear and cases. Must have been something from their POV...

That is the stuff of bad dreams right there my friends...

Same here. Was fun to take in from the stands. Seemed like the crowd lingered on the field much longer this time too.

Agree that Jump Around was a highlight. Especially liked announcer guy saying something along the lines of “attention fans on the field. . .” and having that split second feeling of “here we go, we’re going to be told to disperse.” And then having them start the song which, to my surprise, many around me didn’t immediately recognize. I’m in my 50s, I had been drinking for about 9 hours at that point. It was exuberant and cathartic. But, damn, that song seemed long and I was feeling it by the end.

Stormed the field with my 6 year old. Wife stayed in the stands with our 4 and 2 year old. The 4 year old was beside herself that she didn’t get to go, so my wife waited for it to die down so they could take the stairs (I went over the wall with my 6 y.o.). She was so excited she was running away from my wife trying to find the players.

As we were walking back to the car afterwards, my 6 y.o. states “this is my favorite time of the year”, then pauses and thinks, and states “this is my favorite time of my life”. Then later he had another gem, “I’m so excited and I don’t know what to do about it!”
I’m pretty sure my wife and I saw your family on the field. I turned to her and commented on how seeing the kids faces absolutely filled with joy is what it’s all about. Those memories will last a lifetime.

Saw the security folks taking their spots at around the 4 minute mark. My 13 yr old daughter (monster fan who stormed with me for Penn) turned and said “it’s happening, isn’t it?”
Heck yes it’s happening. Hopped the wall with my daughters and wife and headed for the axe. Got to the score board and then “Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please….”

all of this was captured by me in on video in a style not unlike being in a firefight in the jungle. Will be riding the good vibes for the rest of the year, easy. Thanks, Gophers, thanks Fans. Some of the best memories we have as a family have been made at the Bank. Happy Christmas to all.

Saw the security folks taking their spots at around the 4 minute mark. My 13 yr old daughter (monster fan who stormed with me for Penn) turned and said “it’s happening, isn’t it?”
Heck yes it’s happening. Hopped the wall with my daughters and wife and headed for the axe. Got to the score board and then “Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please….”

all of this was captured by me in on video in a style not unlike being in a firefight in the jungle. Will be riding the good vibes for the rest of the year, easy. Thanks, Gophers, thanks Fans. Some of the best memories we have as a family have been made at the Bank. Happy Christmas to all.
Great post.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please…. “

Everyone near me let out a collective “ugh…” as we thought we were going to be asked to clear the field, and then……

It was so great!

Great post.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please…. “

Everyone near me let out a collective “ugh…” as we thought we were going to be asked to clear the field, and then……

It was so great!
Perfect setup for that moment. Just Awesome. Stadium people brought their A game. Freddie Mercury Gopher was awesome as well. That has to be a regular thing going forward.

Perfect setup for that moment. Just Awesome. Stadium people brought their A game. Freddie Mercury Gopher was awesome as well. That has to be a regular thing going forward.

OMG that's AMAZING 🤩

Absolutely. I can’t recall the last time something new they tried was so well received.

It was a joy for me to be a part of....

My favorite part was: I was the first down out of our group of 4.... an "older woman", 65-70? was ahead of my three friends at the railing and one of them told her, "you are not jumping down there" and she replied, "oh yes I am".... as she was perched to jump I thought for sure she was going to hurt herself and likely would have... I ran back and in the nick of time I caught her in a bear hug.... she then disappeared, without a word, into the masses.....

Today, I realize that I am 60 years old and never gave it a thought... I was going, and this is the same as her thought process was.

Last edited:

I made it down there. Got real close to the Axe when they brought it down to the student section end.
My favorite part was when I grabbed the railing to get out and some college-aged kid says to another "man, look at that old dude climbing the wall!"

I made it down there. Got real close to the Axe when they brought it down to the student section end.
My favorite part was when I grabbed the railing to get out and some college-aged kid says to another "man, look at that old dude climbing the wall!"
This Badger game was my 2nd time storming the field, Penn State was the first. I am no youngster at almost 60 years old but when you are on the field it seems like an ageless group! Everyone is there and moving around and I am sure the young bucks look at us older guys and wonder how we got there. The great equalizer is going over that wall, so to me, everyone down there has earned it. This time I skinned up my shin a bit but no further injury.

This Badger game was my 2nd time storming the field, Penn State was the first. I am no youngster at almost 60 years old but when you are on the field it seems like an ageless group! Everyone is there and moving around and I am sure the young bucks look at us older guys and wonder how we got there. The great equalizer is going over that wall, so to me, everyone down there has earned it. This time I skinned up my shin a bit but no further injury.
you got lucky there was quite a few broken bones! When we left there had to be 8 plus ambulances loading patients with their lights on by the tunnel.

Top Bottom