State Tournament 2024

The girls 4A Final is interesting to me as the Minnetonka coach was the longtime (and extremely successful) coach at Hopkins. He was kind of a celebrity in the fairly small Hopkins community- I remember him reading to my kids at the local library a couple years ago with the Mayor and a couple other big shots at an event. When he left Hopkins it seemed like he’d tried to say he was done coaching but then ended up at a private school and had some story about how it “fit his life” or something but then fairly quickly was named the Minnetonka coach. It rubbed some in Hopkins the wrong way. Will be interesting for sure.

Do you guys really think Addi Mack is a P5 contender? She is small and thin as a rail...I think she'd get demolished in the Big 10 or any other Power 5 conference based on her stature. I didn't realize how thin she was until I saw her in person this week. By going to a small school, she doesn't play any real big, physical competition so it's hard to predict how she'd handle it.

For the 4A final tonight, I think my money is on Hopkins. Liv McGill is much more competitive than anyone else who is going to be on the floor tonight and I think she has a good chance to lead her team to victory. I do think it will be close and I don't think Erma Walker is going to be scoring 30 points tonight. Tonka are much better defenders and much more physical than Maple Grove and they're not going to just let Walker score at will like MG did.

Do you guys really think Addi Mack is a P5 contender? She is small and thin as a rail...I think she'd get demolished in the Big 10 or any other Power 5 conference based on her stature. I didn't realize how thin she was until I saw her in person this week. By going to a small school, she doesn't play any real big, physical competition so it's hard to predict how she'd handle it.

For the 4A final tonight, I think my money is on Hopkins. Liv McGill is much more competitive than anyone else who is going to be on the floor tonight and I think she has a good chance to lead her team to victory. I do think it will be close and I don't think Erma Walker is going to be scoring 30 points tonight. Tonka are much better defenders and much more physical than Maple Grove and they're not going to just let Walker score at will like MG did.
Yes, still 2 years really to develop before a college freshman. CC wasn't that big by any means coming into college and really through out college. It is more the style of play like CC in getting the ball up the court, finding teammates, with the ability to score in different ways that is intriguing in my opinion...fearless. She would also be coming in with Battle being a senior which be a benefit in my mind. Was really intrigued how Battle ended the season being able to score more from multiple ways including some 3 pt shots. Going to be key for Battle to continue to play that way even when Braun comes back to balance the load. Hope they get into the NIT so more can develop for this team.

Free throws killing Providence 4 times maddyn went 1/2 in like 5 minutes

Free throws killing Providence 4 times maddyn went 1/2 in like 5 minutes
Greenway sure gets a good whistle today.....she drives wildly to the rim and throws up acrobatic shots and goes to the line. I love how competitive she is.....she would be an amazing get for Coach P, but I'm not holding my breath.

Albany getting a really long leash for no tech, clearly in restricted area

55 in first half and they may not hit 10 all second half

Wonder why Girls High School Basketball plays 2 halves instead of like college 4 quarters? Also think high school should have same rule where they get to advanced the ball on timeouts to half court. Why are we different then college for the girls? Just curious?

Wonder why Girls High School Basketball plays 2 halves instead of like college 4 quarters? Also think high school should have same rule where they get to advanced the ball on timeouts to half court. Why are we different then college for the girls? Just curious?
Minnesota HS basketball went to 17 minute halves to add 2 minutes of playing time a couple of years before college went to quarters. And also having one rulebook for boys and girls makes it easy to have a larger set of officials.

Minnesota HS basketball went to 17 minute halves to add 2 minutes of playing time a couple of years before college went to quarters. And also having one rulebook for boys and girls makes it easy to have a larger set of officials.
Thanks...so maybe College girls should go back to halves. Like just about everything else other than WNBA and NBA.

Peterson could have gotten starting minutes for gophers this season

That Zahara Bishop for BSM is quite a player. Good anticipation and instincts on defense. She plays bigger than 5-11.

She plays hard. That Emma Walker is only a freshman but Coach P should start recruiting her. Great down low for her size. Was a good game!
Was impressed by Erma Walker’s energy and post moves. For a 9th grader that was impressive. Having Ava Cupito also in 9th grade, Hopkins seems to have some young talent to reload with

These announcers pretty consistent with having no clue what's happening
During the Hopkins/Minnetonka Championship game, the announcers were very frustrated with the officials, which is fair (those 3 refs were really bad). Then they stated that the refs were volunteers. I am pretty sure the refs get paid and are not volunteers.

Peterson could have gotten starting minutes for gophers this season
She was easily in my top 5 in the tourney, and might end up better than some of the other ones on my list. I thought the shooting was phenomenal in the tournament, and the passing was awful. That said, some of the crazy heater skelter play will not translate to the college level.

During the Hopkins/Minnetonka Championship game, the announcers were very frustrated with the officials, which is fair (those 3 refs were really bad). Then they stated that the refs were volunteers. I am pretty sure the refs get paid and are not volunteers.
They are paid and the announcers were brutal !

McKinney's defense was a big factor in the game. I wish the Trib would have reported the number of shots she blocked. She made McGill earn her points.

She was easily in my top 5 in the tourney, and might end up better than some of the other ones on my list. I thought the shooting was phenomenal in the tournament, and the passing was awful. That said, some of the crazy heater skelter play will not translate to the college level.
I missed some games and didn't see all the players. Who is Peterson?

Top Bottom