State Tournament 2024

gopher572

Reaction score
There have been some good games on Day 1, including Maple Grove edging Lakeville North at the buzzer.

It is great to see some of the Gopher players and staff.

Other college coaches spotted during Minnetonka’s game include Kara Lawson and Tia Jackson from Duke and Kevin McGuff from Ohio State. I also saw Megan Duffy from Marquette.

channel 45TV on xfinity appears to be channel 12 or 812
Big Bang is on...I thought that is where the girls state basketball tournament was?

channel 45TV on xfinity appears to be channel 12 or 812
Big Bang is on...I thought that is where the girls state basketball tournament was?
TV coverage starts tomorrow with the semifinals for 3A and 4A. It is available through streaming today (not sure if there is a fee).

TV coverage starts tomorrow with the semifinals for 3A and 4A. It is available through streaming today (not sure if there is a fee).
Yes there is a fee it seems. $10 for a month it seems. Wish the Quarterfinals were on 45 too.

Willow Thiel? 41 pts and 20 rebounds vs good Providence team. Committed to U MN Crookston, Gophers could use some forward recruits?

Willow Thiel? 41 pts and 20 rebounds vs good Providence team. Committed to U MN Crookston, Gophers could use some forward recruits?
She was fun to watch. I had read about her, but this was the first time I saw her play.

I really like Thiel. Too good to play at Crookston. Gophers may have missed. I like Hadley thul from Alexandria as well and I know the Gophers are recruiting her.

Be interesting if Coach P can get another recruit or 2 to help coming out of the state tournament with her here and them playing on Gophers floor.

Ava Cossette of Maple grove was very quick with the ball. She is going to South Dakota.

Crump for Tonka is the only Big Ten difference maker I saw tonight.

Tori McKinney from Minnetonka is a Big 10 level player. She is quite an impressive athlete.
Probably need to work on getting stronger and shooting, but yes...she will be helping the Gophers in the near future. Her length at D with Battles length at D should help!

Dawn, Jason and Ariel were there all of Wednesday/Thursday.

It's not happening with Crump. I truly can't make that any more clear.

Names to Watch for Gopher Recruits/known offers remaining in the tournament

-Maddyn Greenway (Providence)
-Ari Peterson (Providence)
-Tori Oehrlein (Crosby-Ironton

Possible Interest

-Erma Walker (Hopkins)
-Lanelle Wright (Tonka)
-Pressley Watkins (BSM)
-Zahara Bishop (BSM)

Dawn, Jason and Ariel were there all of Wednesday/Thursday.

It's not happening with Crump. I truly can't make that any more clear.

Names to Watch for Gopher Recruits/known offers remaining in the tournament

-Maddyn Greenway (Providence)
-Ari Peterson (Providence)
-Tori Oehrlein (Crosby-Ironton

Possible Interest

-Erma Walker (Hopkins)
-Lanelle Wright (Tonka)
-Pressley Watkins (BSM)
-Zahara Bishop (BSM)
Why do you say that with Crump? Just curious?

The defensive players are probably going to be kicking themselves for the rest of their lives over letting that happen.q
I dont get what the girl on the person taking the ball out is doing.. Either put her on the ball jumping like crazy or put her in the lane.. this no where land is on the coach. that should be the first thing they talk about in the huddle, the 2nd thing, switch!!

I dont get what the girl on the person taking the ball out is doing.. Either put her on the ball jumping like crazy or put her in the lane.. this no where land is on the coach. that should be the first thing they talk about in the huddle, the 2nd thing, switch!!
Agree, that was weird.

Why do you say that with Crump? Just curious?
She is as high profile as Bueckers was nationwide. I don't think Gophers even made a list and she Crump has made it known to Gophers she has no interest.
Crump will be going to a blueblood, like UCONN, LSU, South Carolina, Duke, North Carolina, UCLA, USC. I would be willing to bet South Carolina or UCONN.

Top Bottom