South Dakota State 27 - North Dakota State 17 BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

seems like some NDSU fans feel their coaches forgot how to coach

I hope to be that spoiled someday

He left voluntarily like Pitino left voluntarily. Bohl's right hand man for many years, and this exit suited both of them.
It suited Vigen? Seems strange to say, since he was OC going back to NDSU days. But I'm sure he was looking for an opportunity to be HC eventually.

It suited Vigen? Seems strange to say, since he was OC going back to NDSU days. But I'm sure he was looking for an opportunity to be HC eventually.
In the case that he got out without being fired by a very good friend, yes. I would venture a guess the HC gig suited him too, as his last few years as an OC were far from good.

Well, you know far better than me.

I just doubt that Polasek is going to be significantly different. Not that Bohl actually wants something other than west coast, play-action, power based offense.

Significantly different, no. More adaptable and less predictable, hopefully. Ha!

Significantly different, no. More adaptable and less predictable, hopefully. Ha!
So Vigen just kept running power into defenses that were geared up to stop it? Play action passes weren't working off it, or what?

What was the main problem last season?

Very little variety in play-calling. No change in game-plans. Run on 1st and 2nd downs, crummy pass attempt on third and punt. Same complaints with power game that most people have when not winning. QB gets hurt in first game if I remember that correct. Than never helps. Vigen needed a change in scenery. Hoping new OC brings improvement.

Very little variety in play-calling. No change in game-plans. Run on 1st and 2nd downs, crummy pass attempt on third and punt. Same complaints with power game that most people have when not winning. QB gets hurt in first game if I remember that correct. Than never helps. Vigen needed a change in scenery. Hoping new OC brings improvement.
Sounds like the game plan that always has just kinda worked at NDSU, since about 2011 onward.

Run power, run power, do some play-action off power, occasional bootleg, occasional wide zone handoff, occasional dropback pass.

Last couple QBs in particular were great runners themselves, to boot, so they'd get some keepers for huge yards.

Their players were just plain better than most of the what the rest of the nation in FCS has.

I take it that plan hasn't gone over so well in the Mountain West against Boise, Utah St, Air Force, and so on.

Interesting to see if Kliemann can take it anywhere at K-State.

Top Bottom