Should we start a GoFundMe as our 2024 QB NIL?

This was the most predictable outcome ever. The moment the rules were announced this is obviously where the rules made for doing local TV ads and signing a few items were headed.

And in a couple more years that good QB will cost $5m per. And you won’t even see him do a 10 second spot on the stadium video board for the “NIL”

I said it 2-3 years ago and still stand by my prediction of a $100m payroll college football team before the decade ends.

Shit dude that's a mortgage payment, ain't nobody got any of that "fuck you" money like you do. I'd argue that most people who peruse this board, like the majority of people in society, live paycheck to paycheck with their funds specifically earmarked for necessities with very little left
You don’t need to do $1000! I was just illustrating that getting to $1M may not be as challenging as we all think.

You can do $50, $20, $100 or $5! All of it will go to our new QB!

Every dollar could count 👍

I am interested, in concept. But, there are a LOT of details to be figured out; and - as we all know - "the devil's in the details".

How about organizing a 100,000 Gopher fan march on campus. And then a 1.1M B1G minus Ohio State, Michigan, & Nebraska fan march on B1G Headquarters in Indy.

Let's gather all the schools that want to opt out of paying the players. Who pledge that no booster $ or fundraising will be involved with the teams.

I already suggested that if we decide to stay in this ANYTHING GOES system....we should suit-up Vikings players as our Gopher team.
This is a long shot but is also the only realistic shot I can think of at an 8th national championship for Minnesota.

There is about a 1-10% chance in my view that the endgame of all this is a college premier league that doubles as a NFL affiliate league. In that case Minnesota would have a plum spot in the same city as a NFL franchise and Big Ten member

The flow of players into each school would then be managed in some sort of competitively balanced way that would give the U a fair shot at the big prize. People immediately object to this by saying you can’t draft kids to colleges but that all changes when the college players are well paid pros.

Vikings need to give $1M per year to the collective, as the Raiders are doing for UNLV.
Even if they do donate $1M to the collective (aka DTA), that $1M will be distributed amongst multiple players minus DTA’s fees.

I want our new QB to get the entire $1M+

I am interested, in concept. But, there are a LOT of details to be figured out; and - as we all know - "the devil's in the details".
Definitely!

I know we can get 1000 of us to donate $1,000 each for our new QB’s NIL

You'll need to do that per year, or they'll likely chase better offers.
Yup, I thought about that too.

Don’t care for 2025 right now, only focus on our 2024 season!

Look at Hartman at ND, abet he graduated but still, he was a one year deal.

If we succeed in GFM for 2024, then we can do it again for 2025!

$1,000/year for an awesome QB or RB or WR…why not?!

This is all crazy I know but that’s what this transfer portal for a great player looks like now.

Show them money then they’ll consider

If not, we’re stuck with FCS QBs

You are thinking too small, OP. Which one of you around here can put together a sales pitch to the Saudis with the oil money? I’m not much of an ideas guy, but perhaps we can get PJ to change the mantra to “gas the boat” and pitch it as a subliminal form of petrol advertising.

Definitely!

I know we can get 1000 of us to donate $1,000 each for our new QB’s NIL
So stop the pointless yammering already, and start one.

Start an NIL collective. That's the best way to do it. It will be a he'll of a sell job here in the TC. If you get it rolling everyone gets a truck managed by a fleet company. All walk ons get their tuition paid for. We buy the QB and roster we've all hoped for. Sounds easy enough!

Top Bottom