Should we start a GoFundMe as our 2024 QB NIL?

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Should we try? Why not? No college program fan base has done this yet as a NIL fundraising. Maybe we collectively as fans, alums, and Minnesotans can put together $1M to help PJ get us a 4⭐️ or 5⭐️ or one of these portal hot shot QBs? I’d love to see this GFM as our NIL for one awesome QB to our 2024 year.

Never GoFundMe before and so many questions

- who will get the money? GFM account starter then (s)he cut a check directly to the player? to PJ? (Don’t want to give it to DinkyTown Collectives as they have their own things going on)

- once we set a $ goal for example (ie $500K or $1M whatever), if we don’t hit that goal, can we all get our money back?

- do the account starter/holder get in touch with PJ and decide which QB recruit to use it on? For example, I don’t think that Max Broxmer from UNH deserves a $1M NIL. Since PJ already offered him but he didn’t accept our offer yet, it can be tricky to tell him that “this GFM NIL money isn’t intended for you”. Should we set this GFM for QB transfers from Power 5 schools only? Can we restrict that?

I’d think as this GFM NIL account grows, we will attract more athletic and prominent transfers and/or recruits. PJ can also use this GFM account to his advantage in recruiting for our new QB!

What say you? Should we try one?

Shit, we may get $1M together!

Should we try? Why not? No college program fan base has done this yet as a NIL fundraising. Maybe we collectively as fans, alums, and Minnesotans can put together $1M to help PJ get us a 4⭐️ or 5⭐️ or one of these portal hot shot QBs? I’d love to see this GFM as our NIL for one awesome QB to our 2024 year.

Never GoFundMe before and so many questions

- who will get the money? GFM account starter then (s)he cut a check directly to the player? to PJ? (Don’t want to give it to DinkyTown Collectives as they have their own things going on)

- once we set a $ goal for example (ie $500K or $1M whatever), if we don’t hit that goal, can we all get our money back?

- do the account starter/holder get in touch with PJ and decide which QB recruit to use it on? For example, I don’t think that Max Broxmer from UNH deserves a $1M NIL. Since PJ already offered him but he didn’t accept our offer yet, it can be tricky to tell him that “this GFM NIL money isn’t intended for you”. Should we set this GFM for QB transfers from Power 5 schools only? Can we restrict that?

I’d think as this GFM NIL account grows, we will attract more athletic and prominent transfers and/or recruits. PJ can also use this GFM account to his advantage in recruiting for our new QB!

What say you? Should we try one?

Shit, we may get $1M together!
Why should WE when you’re so rich 🤑

Yeah what could possibly go wrong with an idea like this...

I pledge my box of vacation change,that has to be at least 180 to 200 bucks. It's pizza money if using coupons.

I pledge my box of vacation change,that has to be at least 180 to 200 bucks. It's pizza money if using coupons.
$100 is great for a GFM initiative

$100 x 10,000 Minnesota fans = $1M!

We easily have 10,000 Gopher football fans!

Why not, let’s do it. If a significant amount of money is donated, it will be a slap in the face to the powers that be. It will show them that the fans have to do their jobs since those boneheads can’t get any NIL money into the program.

Just don’t expect Remember Murray to let go of his penny’s. Haha

Let's raise this money the Minnesota way, by selling pull-tabs with Gopher players faces on them

They paid off US Bank Stadium and with $6.3M in daily revenue from them, we're a gambling bender in a Bemidji VFW away from Caleb Williams announcing his intention to forgo the NFL draft to play for the Gophers next year.

Let's raise this money the Minnesota way, by selling pull-tabs with Gopher players faces on them

They paid off US Bank Stadium and with $6.3M in daily revenue from them, we're a gambling bender in a Bemidji VFW away from Caleb Williams announcing his intention to forgo the NFL draft to play for the Gophers next year.
This is a really good idea. Electronic or Paper Pull tabs. Who has the charitable gambling license and locations for DA?

I love this idea. Except I think we'll have better luck if we advertise it as if people are helping save helpless animals. In this new age of college football you gotta pull out all the stops. I know, I know...."MS45 that's fraud!" Not if Yah-E just happens to own an animal shelter.

Exactly.

Here's a guy who loves to brag about how much money he has, and he's asking everybody else to pick up the tab.
Nahhh….I never “bragged”….you just assumed because of my profile pic and all of those old posts about what I received from the football program.

Besides, this GFM is for our new QB, don’t you want to contribute to our new QB if we have a GFM for a new QB NIL? Why should only the “rich” contribute? Every fan should contribute.

Nahhh….I never “bragged”….you just assumed because of my profile pic and all of those old posts about what I received from the football program.

Besides, this GFM is for our new QB, don’t you want to contribute to our new QB if we have a GFM for a new QB NIL? Why should only the “rich” contribute? Every fan should contribute.
The GoFundMe is called Dinkytown athletes...
So much room for fraud if there's some other GFM.

It's going to take more money than you think for elite dudes!!!!

OVER 10 schools 1Million + for QB

We don't have to have a Drake Maye-level QB.

Someone who can simply make routine plays most of the time would be a huge upgrade.

Grasp the offense. Understand how to attack the opponent's defense. Be decisive. Get the ball out on time. And throw with some level of consistency and accuracy.

And this is why teams like Minnesota will be forgotten in new-age college football. Instead of playing Money Ball with 30 million dollars like Billy Bean, we'll be playing it with $6 and a value meal.

You should volunteer your time (and money) at Dinkytown athletes.
This is about as effective as asking someone to ride their bike to work to combat climate change.

You should volunteer your time (and money) at Dinkytown athletes.
Nah…DTA can’t give all of the money raised to one specific player plus they take a cut too I think. With GFM, we’ll be raising all the money for just our new one awesome QB’s NIL.

Nah…DTA can’t give all of the money raised to one specific player plus they take a cut too I think. With GFM, we’ll be raising all the money for just our new one awesome QB’s NIL.
Oh I'm sure you'll take your cut too.

Oh I'm sure you'll take your cut too.
I don’t want to be the GFM account holder or starter, Im just saying we as a fan base should do one. If no one else wants to head this initiative then I don’t mind starting as a last resort.

If I start a GFM QB NIL initiative, I don’t think GFM allows the account starter to take a cut and I certainly don’t need to.

Say we reach $1M….I want us to cut a check to our new QB! It’s his NIL from us.

There are many ways to check and balance if we do start one. We can get Gopher lady, Coach, Ryan Burns, and / or Ron Johnson all involved so whomever starts an account, they all know who that person is.

If 1,000 of us donated $1,000

We’ll have our $1M NIL for our new QB!

C’mon! We have 1000 people with $1,000 to throw in!

My $1,000 is ready!

If 1,000 of us donated $1,000

We’ll have our $1M NIL for our new QB!

C’mon! We have 1000 people with $1,000 to throw in!

My $1,000 is ready!
Shit dude that's a mortgage payment, ain't nobody got any of that "fuck you" money like you do. I'd argue that most people who peruse this board, like the majority of people in society, live paycheck to paycheck with their funds specifically earmarked for necessities with very little left over.

One of my tailgate buddies started a NIL for Garcia recently, so I know it can be done. I will ask him how he went about it at the next hoops game.

Top Bottom