Shooter: Pro scouts aren’t impressed with the slinging throwing motion of Rutgers-bound QB Athan Kaliakmanis, the ex-Gopher.

And injured for his junior year. Knowing that, it's pretty clear Fleck and staff wasted his red shirt year from a development perspective.
That would be a one, Mike Sanford Jr.

KC back in 22.

Not correct.

ILL and PSU were the only “bad” games and of course were completely forgivable.

Milk under the bridge
He was bad against Iowa and NW as well. He only had 6 pass attempts vs ILL so that one is whatever, but people are remembering the Wisconsin game and forgetting that he was pretty bad most of 2022.

Interesting comments on this board attacking Fleck or our ex QB. Will be interesting to see what takes place next fall and hear the comments coming out of Rutgers next fall as to what they supposedly did. Will be a little finger pointing.

Interesting comments on this board attacking Fleck or our ex QB. Will be interesting to see what takes place next fall and hear the comments coming out of Rutgers next fall as to what they supposedly did. Will be a little finger pointing.
Yup, I think this board will have a mini meltdown if AK lights it up at Rutgers.

I could be wrong, but I get the sense that HS coaches can be reluctant to mess too much with mechanics. If the ball is getting where it needs to be most of the time, I think HS coaches accept that. but in the process, players can develop bad habits.
I was a pretty good HS basketball player and outside shooting was my game. My boy’s basketball head coach never said one word to me about my shooting mechanics.

The JV girl’s coach was walking through the gym one night when I was alone, shooting. He approached me and said he noticed my feet were pretty close together when I shot, and it might be affecting my consistency to go straight up when I shot. I made a conscious effort to start each shot with my feet set farther apart and the results were immediate improvement.

I often wondered what else I might be doing wrong. Good performance can be great performance with excellent coaching.

In the 2022 season, Athan Kaliakmanis started and played poorly against both Iowa and Northwestern. No idea what part of that is unclear.
I posted the stats for him...he ignored it because when stats disprove his point (always do!) he moves the goalposts and then goes back to the argument again later thinking people will forget.

The pro scouts are correct! I am glad to see AK at Rutgers than Minnesota after what he showed us last season. If you are not helping the team you are hurting the team.

I posted the stats for him...he ignored it because when stats disprove his point (always do!) he moves the goalposts and then goes back to the argument again later thinking people will forget.
I'm adopting a policy where if something can't get through to him in two tries, I'm giving up. No sense in arguing just to argue.

If you see that from a user often enough, just block them and save your time.

It's not worth spending time on non-serious users.

Happens all the time, guys move, do better. Mertz did it.

I was a pretty good HS basketball player and outside shooting was my game. My boy’s basketball head coach never said one word to me about my shooting mechanics.

The JV girl’s coach was walking through the gym one night when I was alone, shooting. He approached me and said he noticed my feet were pretty close together when I shot, and it might be affecting my consistency to go straight up when I shot. I made a conscious effort to start each shot with my feet set farther apart and the results were immediate improvement.

I often wondered what else I might be doing wrong. Good performance can be great performance with excellent coaching.
Mechanics is definitely a thing that isn't coached enough in HS. I was a really good baseball player. Started as a 9th grader and was All Conference in 10th grade. But my numbers never got better. My hitting mechanics went to shit but I was never coached on what to do.

Mechanics is definitely a thing that isn't coached enough in HS. I was a really good baseball player. Started as a 9th grader and was All Conference in 10th grade. But my numbers never got better. My hitting mechanics went to shit but I was never coached on what to do.
Lot of HS have expanded "trades" programs now.

/s

Pretty sure more than one coach had a hand in him not developing.
OK. I suppose so, to a more than zero degree.

I would think the QB coach would be primarily responsible for developing the QB.

Sanford - didn’t develop him
KC - developed him
Harbaugh - regressed him

OK. I suppose so, to a more than zero degree.

I would think the QB coach would be primarily responsible for developing the QB.

Sanford - didn’t develop him
KC - developed him
Harbaugh - regressed him
If AK wants to know why he did not succeed he just needs to look in the mirror. We all will know the anwser after next season.

Top Bottom