Shama: U may add MN PF, Chet Holmgren, Race Thompson, Nate Reuvers and Dawson Garcia attracting speculation.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

New University of Minnesota basketball coach Ben Johnson has commitments from three transfers so far but interestingly none play the power forward position occupied last season by Brandon Johnson. It’s possible that spot could be filled next season by a state native, with Minnesotans Chet Holmgren, Race Thompson, Nate Reuvers and Dawson Garcia attracting speculation.

College basketball is a fluid landscape like never before with players and coaches frequently changing addresses. It’s evident Holmgren and his father David Holmgren didn’t want to make a commitment last fall during the signing period for high school players. They decided to see who is coming and going this spring, but soon the nation’s No. 1 recruit in the class of 2021 will have to choose either a college or an opportunity in the NBA’s development league following Chet’s superlative career at Minnehaha Academy in Minneapolis. (It’s interesting that ongoing internet articles have Chet choosing Gonzaga but offer no definitive sources.)

Ben Johnson is trying to make Chet a Gopher, a task perhaps made easier with his dad being a U alum. Chet is a gifted two-way player who Johnson could offer to build his offense and defense around. At 7-feet, but only about 200 pounds, Holmgren needs physical support from a big center. If center Liam Robbins remains with the Gophers he could be a bargaining chip for Johnson in the recruitment of Holmgren, but Robbins entered the transfer portal as of yesterday.

Go Gophers!!

We'll be lucky to add one. Garcia still not in transfer portal

I don't mean to be rude, but does anyone trust this guy? Isn't he the one you all make fun of? I seriously can't remember
Yes. He is completely useless as a reporter. He just regurgitates other peoples thoughts OR says "i've heard" but has no sources.

Gopher hole is more reliable for Gopher information and Covid arguments than Shama.

Yes. He is completely useless as a reporter. He just regurgitates other peoples thoughts OR says "i've heard" but has no sources.

Gopher hole is more reliable for Gopher information and Covid arguments than Shama.
His crappy takes do give us plenty of things to discuss!

I don't mean to be rude, but does anyone trust this guy? Isn't he the one you all make fun of? I seriously can't remember
No....no one trusts Shama. Most of his takes are pretty worthless. In this same piece he talks about a mock draft showing Suggs taken at #3 and the Wolves taking Cunningham at #1. Shama's brilliant recommendation to the team with the #1 pick is to draft Suggs.....if he is available....

So I guess as long as nobody else drafts him before the Wolves with their first pick in the draft, Shama thinks they should take him.

No....no one trusts Shama. Most of his takes are pretty worthless. In this same piece he talks about a mock draft showing Suggs taken at #3 and the Wolves taking Cunningham at #1. Shama's brilliant recommendation to the team with the #1 pick is to draft Suggs.....if he is available....

So I guess as long as nobody else drafts him before the Wolves with their first pick in the draft, Shama thinks they should take him.
Maybe he thinks the Wolves are taking pointers on drafting from the Vikings and are planning on the ol'2003 first round pick technique:

Ahhh memories

When Chet goes to Gonzaga, I would like to hear from one of Shama's sources how close Ben was to getting him🙄.....How does this guy still have a job?

Hopefully with those guys we can also add Suggs, Hurt and Luka Garza! Sometimes I wonder how these guys have jobs with the stuff they put out there 🤦‍♂️
Is there a reporter you trust?

I am going to finally ask the question I've been wondering for years...His articles are always posted here but why is Shama never referenced anywhere else? I consume a lot of Minnesota sports media and if it weren't for GH I wouldn't know the guy exists.

I am going to finally ask the question I've been wondering for years...His articles are always posted here but why is Shama never referenced anywhere else? I consume a lot of Minnesota sports media and if it weren't for GH I wouldn't know the guy exists.
Maybe he doesn't exist..............
Reminds me of a MASH episode with Colonel Flag (sp?).
Flag says "I don't exist, I'm like the wind"
Turns off lights, jumps out window
Hawkeye says "I think the wind just broke his leg".

Going off memory, so maybe that scene doesn't exist either....

Maybe he's a poster and Deep State on Gopher Hole.

Because he's just a guy with a web page. You could do the same thing.

It's blatantly clickbait, using terms like "It's possible ..." and "... attracting speculation."

Is what it is. His job is to get clicks, not be a fountain of truth.

Top Bottom