Settle down

Throughout history, when Coordinators start getting fired/replaced, it's usually a sign the head guy is feeling pressure.

We'll see what happens in this instance, but the season is still salvageable.

The gophers control their own destiny for the second time in 3 years. The first time they did it they entered the last game with a win and in the title game situation. I mean if that isn’t contending I’m not sure what is.

they haven’t won. If you need them to win to consider them a contender you need to reassess your use of the word contend.

They've contended for the West. To contend for "B1G title", you need to win the West. They have not contended for the B1G title.

The gophers control their own destiny for the second time in 3 years. The first time they did it they entered the last game with a win and in the title game situation. I mean if that isn’t contending I’m not sure what is.

they haven’t won. If you need them to win to consider them a contender you need to reassess your use of the word contend.
Using you definition, Gophs were also in contention in 2014 and 2016, correct?

They've contended for the West. To contend for "B1G title", you need to win the West. They have not contended for the B1G title.
So you would say they are not contending for the big ten title without winning the division.

so Michigan has not contended for the title in spite of going 8-0 to start conference play in 2018 and hasn’t contended since 2006
Iowa hasn’t contended since 2015
Indiana didn’t contend last year.

Got it. That’s one way of looking at it for sure.

Ok. We lost. Ok we are still in it. No matter, beat Iowa, Indiana, wisky. We are in. Everyone stop analyzing. We lost. Change the diaper and be happy we still have a chance.
We could lose to Indy and still be in. Indiana is basically a throw away game assuming Purdue loses to Ohio State.

… is this sarcastic?
Yes, I was sarcastic about being sarcastic.
Now I'm being sarcastic about being sarcastic being sarcastic.
I'm very hard to figure out.

Last edited:

I had to sell my tickets and missed only the 2nd game in about 15 years. Pretty happy I had to.

We are playing with 3 of our top wideouts banged up or missing games for other reasons all year.
We are on 4th and 5th running backs.

we are in 4 way tie for first place and are currently 1-0 against the other teams in the tie

we likely don’t win the division but control our own destiny headed into last 4.

We are 1 win away from having 2 Winning conference seasons in 3 years for the first time since 2014-2016 (15-10 if we finish 5-4 this year) (12-13 during 2014-2016)

we are 1 win away from having 2 winning conference seasons in 3 years for the second time since 1970

Even if gophers don’t win another game…it is the best conference winning percentage in a 3 year stretch since 1967-69
We play in half a conference. Don’t compare it to the old big ten😡

Hasn’t played anyone either!

Huh? They beat two Top 10 teams in that "best season ever" that you responded about.

Also, not sure if you've been paying attention, but the Gophers beat Purdue on the road THIS year. Same team that is ranked in the CFP and smoked Iowa and Michigan State. So...can you define "anyone" for us? Last time I checked, a team that is ranked and is tied for 1st place in November surely counts as someone.

All they need is Purdue to go undefeated against NW and Indiana and Iowa to lose to either Nebraska or Illinois to have a chance. Not completely out of the realm.
I think we actually only need IA to lose 1 of their last 2, and then we win both. It actually isn’t that crazy.

IA has Illini at home and then on the road to NEB. And then Purdue to win out?

Last edited:

Top Bottom